Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OH FUCK
The F word seems to be so much more acceptable these days than it was when I was a kid. Have y'all noticed that? It's everywhere and said by many, the young & the old, male and female, gramma's and grandpa's. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I do not say that word in front of my mom. But I have been around people who exchange that word with thier parents and I always think it is sort of cool.
I don't swear at work in front of others. I have a few people here who I can say any words I want around them and I love them for that.
I still think it isn't professional to use.

I don't cuss in front of just anyone, certainly never my parents or grandparents. I don't use profanity with any of my elders and I wouldn't talk that way in front of strangers.
There was this place I worked at-the boss had told others I came from a church background-since I had this Lutheran place on my resume that I used to work at.
No one ever swore around me and was always super nice.
Then one day I said the word "Suck" at the end of the day when we were all getting ready to go. And the whole room went silent and I was like, "What?" and they were like, "We've never heard you swear before" and then I said, "Well its not like I said 'fuck'" and the room died.
It was quite fun and funny.
Then they told me that they thought I was going to be super offended and were totally on their best behaviour the whole time because I had that on my resume.
Well after that day it just got gross and people said whatever they wanted. LOL. I had no idea.

(10-21-2023, 04:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't cuss in front of just anyone, certainly never my parents or grandparents. I don't use profanity with any of my elders and I wouldn't talk that way in front of strangers.

All my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles.....all dead. FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK!

My dead relatives rolling over in their graves....good!.....the fat fucks could use the exercise.
I swear in front of anyone.   It's probably not a good thing,   and my kids had a rude vocabulary by the time they were 10.  
When they were little,  I made a conscious effort to replace any swear with the word 'sugar ', the results are they thought sugar was a swear.  Meh!
A highly religious person I worked with used to say "Mercy"
It sounded fake as fuck

He was sitting on his phone, unaware a customer had walked in. I of course already knew the customer was there and acknowledged them and when he finally noticed her he said loudly "Mercy"
And the customer responded in her German accent, "Mercy, you must work now"
I laughed

What the fuck, didn't Duchess start a thread just like this a year ago?
Yes and another one before that one as well.
(10-24-2023, 01:31 PM)rothschild Wrote: What the fuck, didn't Duchess start a thread just like this a year ago?

(10-24-2023, 01:49 PM)sally Wrote: Yes and another one before that one as well.

I'm old and some old people tend to repeat themselves. I have senior moments!
My grandparents were religious freaks and I never heard them use a curse word until my grandpa called me up one day to take him to the hospital. My grandma had full blown dementia and when I got there she was trying to put his toupee on him while he was going into congestive heart failure and shit himself. He told her to get this fucking wig off my head and she called him a fucking moron. My grandpa ended up passing away and I had to take care of her crazy ass for two years.
That really sucks, the whole circle of life. Sometimes letting them explore the traintracks is easier...
Wear the world like a loose garment.
I was in tears when I had to break it to my grandma that grandpa passed away and then the bitch (god rest her soul) blew a fucking raspberry at me and went about watching her show. They were only married for 50 plus years.
(10-24-2023, 05:24 PM)sally Wrote: I was in tears when I had to break it to my grandma that grandpa passed away and then the bitch (god rest her soul) blew a fucking raspberry at me and went about watching her show. They were only married for 50 plus years.

A Soap?  People's Court?  Murder She Wrote?  Matlock?  Springer or Maury?  Wheel?  Judge Judy?

FFS!  These are OP's lifeblood and reason for existence!
They were holy rolling freaks so they only watched certain programs. I turned on Roseanne once and they had a shit fit. They liked Murder She Wrote though so maybe that was it. For some reason that show didn’t go against their crazy ass religious beliefs.
It was even a sin to them to order a pizza. I guess they associated it with teenage kids doing evil things like having pizza parties and listening to Buddy Holly or Elvis.
Jesus Christ, the stuff you can find on the internet.