Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well meaning family
My uncle calls me this morning
says there is a good price on a drone
he wants to send me one as an early Christmas present.
I told him that sounds nice and I appreciate it but I can't fly it where I live.

I told him I really wanted a gopro tho. 
and he says, "But they don't fly"

No, but I can have them here and use it on my kayak or bike.

And then he proceeded to tell me that I want a drone. And especially to see the bears when I am hiking-like as a protective measure?! WTF
I would be so busy trying to figure out the drone as the bear attacks me. 

This is typical of my uncle. He tells me what I want and what I should have.

I know I shouldn't complain, I could just say, "Yes, I would like that" and be grateful.

Whenever you are leaving thier house they offer food for the road, even if we just ate. I have learned to just say "Yes".

Uncle Bill taught me how to swim the old fashioned way. He also put a hot pan directly on my new oak table. Hate him, love him...
Sounds like my uncle.

I got thrown in the lake as a teenager, right out of bed, still in my pajamas. It was awful.

(11-24-2023, 03:26 PM)MirahM Wrote:  He tells me what I want and what I should have.

I used to do that to someone. I think those of us who do that don't intend to come across as overbearing assholes, we truly believe we are right. Of course we are not, but we have the purest of intentions.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-24-2023, 03:48 PM)BigMark Wrote: Uncle Bill taught me how to swim the old fashioned way. He also put a hot pan directly on my new oak table. Hate him, love him...

My uncle Bill was a real dickhead and my aunt Barb was an even bigger one.
Aunt Valdren is dead now but Uncle Bill is still kickin.
I meant to respond to your comments Duchess.

But now I have a question-as I am watching a really dumb Christmas movie-where girl brings home guy to meet family for the first time.

Is it important to you that your significant other gets along with your family? Was it important when you were first dating? Do you get along w/ thiers?

I mean I've heard some talk of inlaws in the forum. I was just curious, how important is it really if you are dating someone-
ALSO-I guess it depends on how close you are with family.

Like it has always been important to me, but now I think I wouldn't care so much since we are all so old. ALSO I dislike my sister's boyfriend, so there is that. And its not like she will stop dating him because of that.
I don't think he respects her enough.

I don't think people should have to get along, some people just don't like each other, but I do think being civil is important, show respect for your significant other (or family) by being civil to those they care about.
(12-09-2023, 09:59 PM)MirahM Wrote: I don't think he respects her enough.

That would bother me and the most that could be expected of me is that I will keep my mouth shut during family gatherings.
Another fun trait of some family members-

They are super super super healthy, nutritious, work out, take vitamins etc etc etc

And then they come down with a cold and they say, "I did everything right"

And I'm like, "You know, sometimes they just happen"

But I get it, I try to avoid getting sick this time of year (I mean any time of year, but especially this time when colds are more prevelant)
But sometimes it just happens.

I like MirahM's avatar.

Drones are legal here, but there are all sorts of laws around it. I think you can only use it when you are out far far out in the country.
Thanks. And thankfully my uncle is not sending me a drone after all. AND NOT EVEN THE OTHER CAMERA I WANTED-because it wasn't on sale. LOL

I need a new phone that takes great pictures, couldn't even get a good moon shot. SHUT UP MARK!
I have never had a phone or camera that does, but I know other people do, I've seen them. The moon in the sky pictures. And you are probably making other jokes also! OMG

Sooooooo
My uncle is a big time Asshole. Now the one sister that he has never been mad at he is suddenly mad at her. He has come at each of us at one time or another.
I need fucking therapy to figure out how to deal with him, how to set healthy boundaries and how to fucking put him in his place and to learn how to stop dealing with his bullshit.

(12-17-2023, 01:23 AM)MirahM Wrote:  He has come at each of us at one time or another.

This seems very inappropriate.

By any chance is he your dad's brother?
A really good friend used to get the weirdest tinder boyfriends, she finally was dating a good dude, so happy for her but afraid it would not last like the last 10, they just got engaged.
(12-17-2023, 06:05 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 01:23 AM)MirahM Wrote:  He has come at each of us at one time or another.

This seems very inappropriate.

By any chance is he your dad's brother?

Yes. And I meant he has accused us all of something at one time or another.

(12-17-2023, 12:33 AM)BigMark Wrote: I need a new phone that takes great pictures, couldn't even get a good moon shot. SHUT UP MARK!

NO WAY that happened to you. I don't believe you.

That only happens to people like me. You see the most beautiful moon, we live near the beach so we sometimes get them big, and then you take a picture of it, and it looks boring or small. All the time, it happens to me.
(12-17-2023, 11:14 AM)MirahM Wrote: he has accused us all of something at one time or another.

I hate that for you. You're a good girl, you'd never do anything that would make someone point at you in an accusing manner. Off with his head.   Dramaqueen
Aunt Veldren shot an Elk with a bow and they ate it.