RIZZ IS WORD OF THE YEAR
Are y'all familiar with it? I am not, today is the first time I've seen it used and that was in the headline proclaiming it's the word of the year.

Rizz is slang for style, charm or attractiveness, or the ability to attract a romantic or sexual partner.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-04-2023, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote: Are y'all familiar with it? I am not, today is the first time I've seen it used and that was in the headline proclaiming it's the word of the year.

Rizz is slang for style, charm or attractiveness, or the ability to attract a romantic or sexual partner.

Yes. I've heard of it. I don't have rizz though.
I fucking hate all the new words and slang. There was a tik tok video of a gal who compared gen x words with current generation (whatever they are) words and IT ALL MADE SENSE!

Some of the words she didn't get quite right....but the general meaning was there. I will post it later.

Shizzle is way better than rizz.
Here is the link as promised.

https://www.tiktok.com/@shashers7247/vid...9501827615

Hey Zuess....

[Image: 15474254703163075014_2048.jpg?v=1689439605&width=1946]
https://www.facebook.com/reel/6727841350654576
Where did humanity go wrong?
I just heard that it is short for Charisma. That makes more sense to me now.

Wait, didn't the white house press secretary say that Bidenomix was the word of the year last month?
I don't know.

What is your avatar? You usually go with holidays or seasons.
(12-06-2023, 12:16 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't know.

What is your avatar? You usually go with holidays or seasons.

If you zoom in, it says 'fuckity fuck'.  And you're right,  I usually do.   It was just meant to be a place holder- then my mother died.  I've been fucked up, ever since.
(12-06-2023, 05:01 PM)cannongal Wrote: - then my mother died.  I've been fucked up, ever since.

I'm so sorry, CG, that's just awful.   72
Cannon that is awful. : (

Not sure what to say, CG. Feel your feelings and grieve for as long as you need to.

Wish you well.
(12-06-2023, 07:48 PM)rothschild Wrote: Not sure what to say, CG. Feel your feelings and grieve for as long as you need to.

Wish you well.

Thanks,  but 
I did not talk about her much, because I had a rough childhood.
I did not talk about her much, because I didn't understand mental illness very well.
I did not talk about her very much,  because every time I went to see her,  she reminded me that I really didn't want to see her. 
My mother passed away ,  and I really don't know how to feel about it.
She was bipolar and manic depressive.  She also self medicated, a lot.
She was creative and crafty, she used to make the most beautiful Christmas wreaths,  out of towle and scrap fabric.  I think I get my craftiness from her. 
At times, she was an awesome cook, who had no problem spending hours in the kitchen,  making perogi just for me.
She got me into an overnight summer camp, which was an awesome experience. 
She had no problem with all the animals that I brought home, even helping me research how to take care of them.
She always opened her door for me,  no matter how much we fought in the previous visit.
I wish I could say that the good memories outweigh the bad, but they don't.  My last memory of her, is when she put a chair through the back window of my van.
I love her, because she's my mom, but I hated her because of her actions.
Fly high, mom, I hope you are finally at peace.?
We were spoon fed the brady bunch while our ass still burned from punishment

Ain't nobody lives that way, especially on this side of town...

When the cops show up, you better get amnesia.

The refrigerator magnets featured the local bail bondsman.
I'm sorry Cannon. That is tough.

The funny thing is, as we get older, we get smarter, except those who vote for Trump. It goes reverse for them.

But generally speaking we get smarter. We get emotionally smarter, become more mature, better understanding of life and people. Sometimes it can be in the latter part of our lives that we understand our parents and the struggles they endured and went through and what made them behave the way they did. We have a better understanding and therefore are able to forgive them for any mistakes they made.

Sometimes with the advances made in psychology we can understand a mental illness disease process better than they ever could of whilst they were alive.

Even if you look at something like domestic violence and family violence, there is a better understanding of abuse and how to escape that abuse than there was in the past.

It's difficult because, I wish I knew back then what I know now so I could help my parents have better lives and have a closer loving bond with them than I did too. I suppose there are many people who have that experience.
(12-16-2023, 12:50 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: The funny thing is, as we get older, we get smarter, except those who vote for Trump. It goes reverse for them.

28  I've missed you so much!