Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE
Do you believe that, do you view your life that way? Do you agree that you are where you're supposed to be?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No, I am supposed to be right next to you!

(02-16-2024, 11:24 AM)Duchess Wrote: Do you believe that, do you view your life that way? Do you agree that you are where you're supposed to be?

Yes, I'm where I'm supposed to be. For better or worse, I'm mostly happy. I have friends and a mostly ok younger brother to hang out with and do stuff with instead of being a sad, lonely hermit that I was years ago. Sure I sometimes wish I had a girlfriend and a cat, more money and was retired but hell I can't complain....well I shouldn't complain...going to Maine on Sunday with friends to see former WWE superstar Rikishi and get his autograph and a picture with him. Celebrating a friend's 60th birthday on Saturday, chicken wings at the Rusty Nail.
(02-16-2024, 11:24 AM)Duchess Wrote: Do you believe that, do you view your life that way? Do you agree that you are where you're supposed to be?

When I moved here a year ago I felt right at home and when I went to the town I lived prior I knew it was no longer my home. I am glad I felt that way otherwise I would have doubted my decision.
Now I just wonder what is next. My housing here so far hasn't been permanent, something has become available but it means moving from the place I kept in town and really really moving here. That feels like a really big step.

(02-16-2024, 12:10 PM)MirahM Wrote: No, I am supposed to be right next to you!

Girly, you're always makin' my day.    Loveis
You make choices, and wherever you end up is where you're supposed to be.
(02-20-2024, 04:10 PM)rothschild Wrote: You make choices

That's pretty much how I view it too. I kinda wish I could be like those who say they are where they are meant to be. I like the simplicity of that.
I think it can be both.

(02-20-2024, 04:10 PM)rothschild Wrote: You make choices, and wherever you end up is where you're supposed to be.

Wherever you end up is where you are.

Stay or go . . . that's the choice.
(02-21-2024, 05:25 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 04:10 PM)rothschild Wrote: You make choices, and wherever you end up is where you're supposed to be.

Wherever you end up is where you are.

Stay or go . . . that's the choice.

Illustrates the futility of trying to escape the shitty circumstances some of us create for ourselves. No matter where you go, there you are.
(02-21-2024, 08:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 04:10 PM)rothschild Wrote: You make choices

I kinda wish I could be like those who say they are where they are meant to be.

I wonder how many of the people that live in Calcutta feel that way.
Well I think the black hole of Calcutta is probably very sucky so I don't imagine too many people there believe they are where they are supposed to be, or maybe they can't imagine being any where else.
I'm sure the vast majority of people are happy there, they don't have unrealistic expectations.
If I was falsely accused on death row I’d have a pretty tough time saying I’m where I’m supposed to be. I’m not supposed to be there at all, wtf! What a bummer that would be.
It definitely would be a bummer. And a bummer for the person you didn't kill!

(02-24-2024, 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: . . . the black hole of Calcutta . . . 

Mark . . . wasn't this one of your stage names?
Not since I bleached it.
I packed a box of books today. I already packed my camping stuff. I am slowly packing up my stuff-and I don't even know where I'll be moving to! Hopefully I will find out this week. My hope is to be in my new place by May.