Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Eve
silent night, peace on earth, may all here enjoy those things.

That is a gorgeous picture. Sort of reminds me of Thomas Kincaids work.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:Sort of reminds me of Thomas Kincaids work.
Hell yes it does!!! When I sawthe picturesomething was niggling at the back of my head, and that's exactly what it was. He's awesome. One day I hope to have one of his pieces.
Sinister Wrote:
Hell yes it does!!! When I sawthe picturesomething was niggling at the back of my head, and that's exactly what it was. He's awesome. One day I hope to have one of his pieces.
You should be able to find something nice at Hallmark or QVC.
sally Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:
You should be able to find something nice at Hallmark or QVC.
He used to be on QVC all the time. There used to be these stores in the mall that sold prints and canvases of different artists and they had some nice TK's. His stuff is sooo expensive but worth it. I have three smaller prints but I love them.
Kincaid died from overexposure and over commercialization. i liked his stuff when he was 'new', but he got greedy. it's rarity that makes real art, not selling puzzles at walmart.

jackboots Wrote:Kincaid died from overexposure and over commercialization. i liked his stuff when he was 'new', but he got greedy. it's rarity that makes real art, not selling puzzles at walmart.
I know. It seems like they took his art and turned it into anything you could imagine and destroyed the true meaning of his work.
Seriously. I realise he's got an avid fan base, but the guy is a hack. "Look, he's painting with light!" Hahahaha!

Merry Christmas eve, JB. 42
Thomas Kincaids' schmalzty, cliched, hideously twee and vomit inducing ornaments are to art what Adolph Hitler was to racial tolerance.
If there are any collectors of his "limited edition" mass produced shit here I pity you, what ever happened to classic and simple design? Just how many cloisonne love hearts can you get on a fat cherub before its too much?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Thomas Kincaids' schmalzty, cliched, hideously twee and vomit inducing ornaments are to art what Adolph Hitler was to racial tolerance.
If there are any collectors of his "limited edition" mass produced shit here I pity you, what ever happened to classic and simple design? Just how many cloisonne love hearts can you get on a fat cherub before its too much?
Thats probally the only thing I'll ever agree with you on. So what do you collect down in your basement, hummels and Lladro?
I collect comic books, knives and peoples souls.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Seriously. I realise he's got an avid fan base, but the guy is a hack. "Look, he's painting with light!" Hahahaha!

Merry Christmas eve, JB. 42
and to you Poopy! i wish we could get together for a couple eggnogs! ::hugs::

jackboots Wrote:silent night, peace on earth, may all here enjoy those things.
Merry Xmas and best seasonal wishes to you jackboots.

From your surrogate son.

X

N.B - The rest of you can all go boil your heads for Xmas for all I care.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

From your surrogate son.

X

i'm honored to call you surrogate son! may you have much joy with your little daughter this Christmas. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

From your surrogate son.

X

I don't think twice in one day would be good for my eyes, I prefer them soft boiled, thank you very much.