Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sons of Anarchy
Since we've got several riders in here, I was wondering if any ofyou had seen this yet. It's really growing on me but then I'm a Katy Segal fan and she's just so damn good in this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrUfNcDh7mM
I have been watching since episode 1. It's a pretty damn good show considering I was expecting more of the same media-biased fuckups that they are well known for spouting when it comes to Bikers and the MC Life.

While Segal's character steps WAY out of line in the program compared to what a PH's ol' lady can or would do in the real world, she does play the part very well.

I loved the epsiode where the Prez sliced off the rapist's balls. That is VERY true to life; exactly like something would happen in the real world.

However, Jax has no place being VP in this Club. His uncertainty is going to come back and bite him in the ass. He needs to run for Prez and change the Club to what he wants, or he has to follow orders. He can't do both.

Back to Segals character; she does things, especially to that crack whore in the hospital that I could see myself doing. Protect those close to you at any cost.

I look forward to this one every week. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
I just got done watching the third episode on Hulu and they just introduced the doctor's stalker ex that's coincidentally an ATF agent. Oh boy, that's gonna get ugly! And that's another actor I like, he played Dutch on "The Shield".

I thought the pilot kind of sucked, but these episodes are quickly heating up. ::bigg::
Oh it's gonna get REAL ugly when the S of A spot him and ID him. First, he's a Fed, second he's stalking someone one of the PH's cares about. Two fatal flaws.

20 to 1 says that guy ends up whacked.

It did start off kinda lame, M, but it is turning out to be rather good. It's odd to find a program like this that is so non-typical and based on, at least some, fact!! They get some shit wrong, like the PH's wearing their colors when they are breaking the law; no Club would wear a sign to be spotted when they bomb a warehouse etc., but I suppose they do that for dramatic effect.

I still can't figure out what the "w" in Sam Crow means, though.....I've got the rest of the acronym pinned, but that last word is stumping me.
I googled it (because that's what I do, just ask anyone at work) and I got this:
Quote:The tentative title refers to an acronym of the fictional motorcycle club featured in the project: Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Originals (a.k.a. Sam Crow). Sutter said it's also an "homage" to the Hells Angels motorcycle club, whose motto is Angels Forever, Forever Angels.
Also, I just found out that the actor that plays Jax is a Brit that I recently saw in this:

[Image: nicholas_nickleby.jpg]

I didn't even recognize him! ::laugh::

Wow. Jax is a lot better looking when he's cleaned up. 70

I guess maybe the "w" doesn't mean anything, just added to get a word. ::dunno::

Thanks for that info, M. I can refute a claim in another thread about this show that the program is in homage to Hamlet. Yeah, the Hamlet by Shakespeare. ::doh::

This part makes me laugh:
Quote:Whose motto is Angels Forever Forever Angels

There isn't a Club out there that doesn't work that way. Jokers Forever Forever Jokers, or more commonly written; JFFJ.

Er... that's me over there too.

And the show has been compared to Hamlet by several critics:

Here's a guy who knows how to tell a story and who understands the complexities of anti-heroes. Along with executive producers John Linson (this is his passion project) and Art Linson, Sutter has crafted what might easily be described as a kind of West Coast "Sopranos." More accurately, though, "Sons of Anarchy" is "Hamlet" on a Harley.
Wow...Yummy is the perfect word for guys that look like that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Er... that's me over there too.

Uh....it is???? ::blink::

I can see how it could be reminiscent of Hamlet, but I like the 81 inference better.
Hey M, did ya catch the last episode?
Not yet, it's in my hulu queue. Any good?
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Not yet, it's in my hulu queue. Any good?
Good?? It's fuckin' GREAT. The Fed is about to be ID'ed but I won't tell you more than that since you haven't seen it yet. Wait till you see what happens to an ex S of A member....::scared:: Very true to life.
I must be a week behind, the episode currently showing is the 'patch over' one with the guard dog on crank. Stalker guy is getting creepier and creepier, I hope he gets killed in some extravagant manner soon.
Where are you in the series, M? I'm watching the encore of last week's episode right now. I don't want to give shit away that you may have not seen yet.
The last episode I saw was the 'patch over' one.

Edit: I'm apparently getting dyslexic in my old age. :Blush:
Sinister Wrote:
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Not yet, it's in my hulu queue. Any good?
Good?? It's fuckin' GREAT. The Fed is about to be ID'ed but I won't tell you more than that since you haven't seen it yet. Wait till you see what happens to an ex S of A member....::scared:: Very true to life.
Holy shit. :shock:
Heh. I just watched this week's episode. Again, I can see myself doing what Segal's character does. The first part, anyway. Not the forgiving part. And I won't say any more because again, I don't want to give away shit you haven't seen yet.
God damn it, I hate having to wait a week for these episodes but I'm too cheap to pay for cable TV.
I know I'm probably about a week behind everyone else watching this show, but...

The part where Gemma and Clay are yelling at each other at the police station and the new, crazy female FBI agent said "and THAT'S why I'm single" made me laugh out loud.

The part where the explosives went off and the crows all started cawing like mad...

And that roque ATF guy is going to go down HARD! What a fucking psycho!

So Sin, what would you do if some 18 year old showed up after a one nighter with Bullet?
Oh, I guess you already answered that part about what you'd do... I figured you'd use a knife rather than a skateboard.::bigg::