Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Health Insurance
I know alot of you are from the US. Have you ever seen the movie "SiCKO"?
Its pretty freaky.
I live in Canada, and Im thinking about moving to California (West Hollywood) when Im done my electricians apprenticeship.
Whats it like? I heard health insurance companies are a big scam, ESPECIALLY Humana...
I am of zero help. Not from CA, didn't see SICKO.
86 112
Necro Wrote:I know alot of you are from the US. Have you ever seen the movie "SiCKO"?
Its pretty freaky.
I live in Canada, and Im thinking about moving to California (West Hollywood) when Im done my electricians apprenticeship.
Whats it like? I heard health insurance companies are a big scam, ESPECIALLY Humana...
I saw the movie and I have lived (and worked) in CA for many, many years (not currently though). The health care industry, as a whole, isn
MF, you dont need to live in Canada, I was asking what health insurance was like on the whole. Heakth care is free in Canada.
Yeah Zenith, I see what you're saying... Have you ever had a problem?
What DO these companies cover?
If you have a good job or a financially stable life you can get great, timely health care.
86 112
I realize you can obtain it, but does the company follow through, or do they say no if you fall ill?
Many jobs offer health insurance as part of the benefit package. I am not sure if there is a "failing" thing often encountered.
86 112
Necro Wrote:Yeah Zenith, I see what you're saying... Have you ever had a problem?
What DO these companies cover?

Nope. Never had a problem (of any significance).
Of course, as MF states, as long as you have adequate employment you should be o.k.....generally! In addition to that, make sure that your start dates and shit like that falls within acceptable parameters (i.e. if you start a new job make sure your insurance either begins when you begin or within an acceptable period).

Kaiser Permanente is generally HORRIBLE. Unless they've cleaned up their act within the last 10yrs. If you can avoid an HMO altogether, then that's your best bet. Try for a PPO instead. It might cost a little more per pay check but in the long run it is well worth it.

Alternatively, if you are a person who is generally in good health and don't have any dependents (animals not included), then you might opt for a savings plan that will allow you more freedom to use the money for investment and save a predetermined amount per pay check instead of an employer's health plan. This way you could invest in an emergency type health plan that will cover long hospital stay
Middle Finger Wrote:If you have a good job or a financially stable life you can get great, timely health care.
If however you are penniliess or poorthrough bad fortune (which could happen to anybody) you are totally fucked.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:If you have a good job or a financially stable life you can get great, timely health care.
If however you are penniliess or poorthrough bad fortune (which could happen to anybody) you are totally fucked.
And once again the moron is wrong. You cannot be denied healthcare in this country you dumb fuck.
Negro, if you wind up in a good union your benefits are superb. If you wind up a Teamster they're even better.

If you go get your full license you'll have no problem with insurance and coverage. Just ask questions, be aware of 'caps' on coverage and make sure you have none on the policy.

Oxford, NY Life, Blue Cross / Blue Shield and Aetna US Healthcare are some of the best companies and they pay.

Of course sometimes on odd occasions you'll have to deal with them and sort out some things or ask why they havent' paid but you'll be much more happy with the health care in the USA than you currently have up there in Canada.

No more waiting a year for surgery, months for MRI or CAT scans and you will not have hours wait to see a doctor for something simple.

Shop around. READ everything and and do NOT let anyone convince you to take a larger deductible and bigger co-pay for a lower premium rate. Some companies do not let you get better rates once you lock in.

Again READ and SHOP around. If you join a union, then you're set with the good stuff but do your homework anyway.
The Antagonist Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
And once again the moron is wrong. You cannot be denied healthcare in this country you dumb fuck.

[*]Lack of health insurance coverage causes 18,000 unnecessary American deaths a year. (That's six times the number of people killed on 9/11.) (NYT, Jan. 12, 2005.)
[*][*]Do you consider facts to be moronic antboy?

::finger::
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Look in the mirror when you need the definition of stupid.

You are using outdated facts dumb-ass. 2005? who are you kidding?
The Antagonist Wrote:Look in the mirror when you need the definition of stupid.

You are using outdated facts dumb-ass. 2005? who are you kidding?

So healthcare in america has vastly improved in the last three years under Bushes administration has it?

::lmao::::doh:::Blush:

What a deluded seppo tit you truly are antboy.
Hey OP...What do the people in the UK think of dumbass ?...Do they consider him to be as big a joke for a Prez as many here do ?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What the dufus refuses to get is that Americans want to choose their own doctors, pick their own way of handling their health care and the fundamental FREEDOM from governmental regulations that go with governmental health care systems that are continuing to FAIL worldwide...... your UK system SUCKS. Face it.

And he just keeps skipping out on the one thing I keep saying all the time..... YOU CANNOT BE REFUSED HEALTH CARE IF YOU ASK FOR IT.

It is not the government's fault if people are too dumb or lazy to get off their own ass and seek the medical health they need.
What a pathetic MOCK! Jesus, what's next? Proper Pruning of Begonias?

You wimpy "helpful" turds should just join the Hemlock Society or call Dr. Kevorkian.

Or buy a bike and let a cager have some fun squashing your miserable asses against a Kenworth.

::cuthead::
The Antagonist Wrote:your UK system SUCKS. Face it.
British health care is far better than septic healthcare, FACT.

So if British healthcare sucks how much does US healthcare suck in comparison?

Have you been taking too many stupid pills today antboy?

Go to your local dvd store, rent out the movie Sicko, fast forward the bits when MichaelMoores fat ass is on screen, thenstop being so fucking deluded.
OP, go straight to Hell.
86 112
The old addage of you get what you pay for comes to mind. Paying nothing for health care does not mean it is better. Like, oooh, maybe I can get the super-discount for this operation! Do you really want what is cheapest when you are talking about your body?

Someone I know just got a free tattoo. You can tell he didn't pay a dime for it; it sucks ass. Pitiful work.