Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Nicholas Cage
The original Wicker Man is a cult classic with Christopher Lee. Definitely worth a look, it's a pretty bizarre movie.

However, Hollywood decided they could do it better and chose to cast Nicholas Cage, he of the questionable acting ability. Here's a short vid someone compiled of scenes from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo
I have not seen it yet, but would like to check it out when a copy becomes available at my library.

And you're right about Cage's acting ability. I thought he was great in City of Angels, but sucked donkey ass in Con Air.
Did you watch the youtube vid? It's pretty funny. "Step away from the bike!"
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Did you watch the youtube vid? It's pretty funny. "Step away from the bike!"
I did watch the vid and the step away from the bike is good. The scenes with him hitting women are a bit disturbing to me, though. Was the old bitch that something Fletcher actress? I can't remember her first name and may have the last name wrong. I only saw her for a second.
I don't think so.

I guess I must have a weirder sense of humor than I realized, I thought the vid was pretty funny, hitting women included. He looked like a blithering idiot, especially that bee scene.

Hahahaha!
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:I guess I must have a weirder sense of humor than I realized, I thought the vid was pretty funny, hitting women included.
Normally, violence is pretty fucking hysterical to me, but when it comes to a guy hitting a woman, it brings back bad memories, that's all. No biggie! That is the past and I don't let it rule me or control me.

Quote:He looked like a blithering idiot, especially that bee scene.
Especially in that scene!! Agreed. ::bigg::
my dumbass blockbuster didn't have the original older version. which i would like to see.

i kind of liked cage in the new version.

The original Wickerman is a masterpiece.

I am not going to waste my time with the piece of shit remake.

Edward Woodward>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a cardboard cutout>>>>>>>Nicholas Cage.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Cage is one of my favorite actors but this movie IS COMPLETE CRAP. It is really really bad and should have never been made IMO.
Liquid Wrote:Cage is one of my favorite actors.
Which just goes to show how much you know about films.

Nicholas Cage couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, the fact his uncle is Francis Ford Coppola has a larger bearing on his success than I think he will admit.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I said favorite, not "greatest actor". Maybe you should open your fucking eyes and shut the asshole that doubles for your mouth.
He is one of my personal favorites, that is all.

If you want to start a thread that is called "Discuss who you think is the best actor" then we can debate that there. Go back to bed jackass.
Liquid Wrote:I said favorite, not "greatest actor". Maybe you should open your fucking eyes and shut the asshole that doubles for your mouth.
He is one of my personal favorites, that is all.

If you want to start a thread that is called "Discuss who you think is the best actor" then we can debate that there. Go back to bed jackass.

The fact he is one of your "favorties" also speaks volumes about your general film knowledge. He is fucking useless and has ruined many a decent film with his laid back style that basically consists of sighing, shouting and twitching his eyebrows.

He is the worst and least talented male A-listerin hollywood. He has neither good looks, nor charisma, his acting talent is poor and he has no real screen presence.

I reservethe right to disagree and pointout how wrong you are so fuck off fat boy.
you reserve the right to be ass stain. that is about it.

you know nothing about my film knowledge, which probably would run circles around your pee brain, but that is not for this thread.

Thanks for boring us again in yet another thread. What a buzz kill you are in every single thread you post in. Your posts are an endless waste of words and space.
Actually, I think good looks are highly over-rated in actors. Paul Giamatti is an exceptionally gifted actor, and he's merely average looking, on a good day.

While it's fun to look at the pretties, a lot of the time their acting skills are sub par. Look at Scarlett Johansson, as an example.
Liquid Wrote:What a buzz kill you are in every single thread you post in. Your posts are an endless waste of words and space.

Were you looking in a mirror....talking to yourself when you wrote this? You had to have been because that is precisely what I think when I catch a few of your mindless words as I scroll quickly past your bullshit.

Anyone else agree?
I think I must be invisible, is what I think. I've made some fairly decent posts this morning, but they've all been leapfrogged in favor of making some snarky comment about someone's intelligence that you all basically agree is a moron.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME, DAMN IT!
Liquid Wrote:you reserve the right to be ass stain. that is about it.

you know nothing about my film knowledge, which probably would run circles around your pee brain, but that is not for this thread.

Thanks for boring us again in yet another thread. What a buzz kill you are in every single thread you post in. Your posts are an endless waste of words and space.

I would take the pepsi challenge with you when it comes to film knowledge any day of the week fatboy.

My film knowledge goes way beyond hollywood blockbusters, I am a fan of whole genres of films you have probably never heard of.

My film knowledge>>>>>>>>the film knowledge of a blind chimp>>>>>>>>your film knowledge.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:PAY ATTENTION TO ME, DAMN IT!
Who said that ?

::dunno::

LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Actually, I think good looks are highly over-rated in actors. Paul Giamatti is an exceptionally gifted actor, and he's merely average looking, on a good day.

While it's fun to look at the pretties, a lot of the time their acting skills are sub par. Look at Scarlett Johansson, as an example.

I am a big fan of Scarlett Johansson, I admire her craft, her intelligence and her stupendous breasts.

Very pretty, but her breasts seem small to me, not stupendous.
86 112