Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan's oldest stripper.
Good on the game old duck and all that.
.... however saying that this does kinda creep me out a litttle Smiley_emoticons_kotz

Lifelong love of the stage keeps Japan's oldest stripper dancing, charming audiences.

Hikaru Wakao, billed as the oldest active stripper, prepares in her dressing room. (Mainichi)
A figure in a black kimono and a wig with a man's topknot stands on stage, drawing a laugh from the crowd as it pretends to mistakenly stab itself in the hand with a metal truncheon. A quick trip to the wings and the figure reappears, this time sporting an ornate red hairpin. The figure -- obviously a woman now -- basks in the spotlight, and begins to strip off her clothes.

The woman shedding layers of kimono is Hikaru Wakao: age unknown, but billed as "the oldest active stripper." In fact, Wakao says that in a few years she will reach 70. The historical plays she performs before her striptease are highly popular, and on this cold night she has drawn a crowd of spectators to the Kogane Theater in Yokohama.

Wakao's parents divorced soon after she was born, and she never went to school, instead touring the country with her music hall performer father, who also taught her how to dance. She married her husband at 17, and became a stepmother to his three children.

Wakao and her husband formed their own theater company, but soon after a truck accident on a mountain cliff in Gifu Prefecture killed seven of their performers and severely injured her husband and troupe leader, who was admitted to hospital. The remainder of the fledgling company broke up, and times became very hard for Wakao and her family.

"I don't want my children to experience living in poverty," she told herself and, remembering her own childhood, made a decision. She would become a stripper.

Wakao and her husband cried all through the night before her first burlesque performance, but when she got on stage and began to dance, she was overcome by the spirit of a performer. Her husband, who has very high artistic standards, came and sat in the audience, hooting and catcalling. Frustrated by her own performances, she would sometimes spend all night practicing her act after the customers had all gone home.

Wakao left her children in the care of her mother-in-law and set out on the road, touring Japan with her striptease, while also sinking deep into poverty. When her husband took her out for a meal at a department store restaurant to celebrate her coming of age ceremony in Matsuyama, Ehime Prefecture, all they could afford to order was udon noodles with deep-fried tofu.

"Even so, I was so happy," Wakao says. "I'll never forget the taste."

She has followed the path of a professional stripper for some 50 years now. And while the industry has grown increasingly shocking over the years, Wakao still believes in the particular charms of dance.

"I made it with clenched teeth," Wakao says, showing a flash of the determination that keeps her doing what she loves, on the stage and under the lights. "I would be happy if I died on stage."

Wakao is now a grandmother to five children, and suffers from a sore back.

"I want to lend the aged some energy," Wakao says and smiles. Outside the dressing room, the audience claps expectantly. Wakao gives herself a thorough look-over in the mirror, and heads towards the stage.
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
i guess the heavy makeup helps.

.jpg   20091226p2a00m0na010000p_size5.jpg (Size: 40.24 KB / Downloads: 79)

This was fine until JB posted a picture! :'(
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-28-2009, 04:04 PM)Maggot Wrote: This was fine until JB posted a picture! :'(
you want to see her naked? ::lol::

(12-28-2009, 03:59 PM)jackboots Wrote: i guess the heavy makeup helps.

Holy shit, that could be Frank in drag. 28
Mocking someone you have on Ignore is about as pathetic as it gets here at Mock. I think the other Elders would have to at least partially agree on that.
86 112
(12-28-2009, 06:42 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: Mocking someone you have on Ignore is about as pathetic as it gets here at Mock. I think the other Elders would have to at least partially agree on that.

Whoever came up with the term "elders" oughta be bitchslapped. Whats next... sending the newbs out on "missions"
(12-28-2009, 04:10 PM)jackboots Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 04:04 PM)Maggot Wrote: This was fine until JB posted a picture! :'(
you want to see her naked? ::lol::
Hells yeah!!!!
(12-28-2009, 07:04 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Whoever came up with the term "elders" oughta be bitchslapped. Whats next... sending the newbs out on "missions"

Cool, I wanna have to go egg the local police station like on happy days.
I love Udon soup and fried tofu.
(12-28-2009, 07:11 PM)sally Wrote: I love Udon soup and fried tofu.

Me too, if it's served by a 70 year old naked chick.

Actually I hate tofu, but my love of strippers makes up for it.
(12-28-2009, 07:04 PM)thekid65 Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 06:42 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: Mocking someone you have on Ignore is about as pathetic as it gets here at Mock. I think the other Elders would have to at least partially agree on that.

Whoever came up with the term "elders" oughta be bitchslapped. Whats next... sending the newbs out on "missions"

86 112

Ooooh!! That's a good idea, Kid!! ::lol::
(12-28-2009, 11:59 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:

Ooooh!! That's a good idea, Kid!! ::lol::

::lol:: I agree!
86 112
The first rule of mock is that you don't talk about mock, the second rule of mock is that YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT MOCK.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(12-29-2009, 08:50 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: The first rule of mock is that you don't talk about mock, the second rule of mock is that YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT MOCK.

Could be one reason the membership stays fairly low. 113
"His name is Robert Paulson"
Did someone get Mock confused with Fight Club again? Smiley_emoticons_razz
If we've got young, naked Brad Pitt riding around on a bicycle, then I'm soooo there.
(12-30-2009, 06:06 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: If we've got young, naked Brad Pitt riding around on a bicycle, then I'm soooo there.
Gotta be naked?Smiley_emoticons_slash
(12-30-2009, 06:06 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: If we've got young, naked Brad Pitt riding around on a bicycle, then I'm soooo there.

Young naked... older naked... clothed... whatever Smiley_emoticons_biggrin