Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you cynical?
I've encountered so many liars online that I tend to automatically disbelieve some of their stories. Someone that claimed to be a young woman was actually a middle aged man. Someone that claimed to be dying of cancer ended up in another forum with a new name, very much alive and healthy.

Most of the time I've been right, they were lying their asses off but one time there was a young woman in her early thirties that had a sister show up one day to announce she had died of a Tylenol overdose. Sounds pretty strange, right? And this woman was known as an attention whore, online and hitting on the guys there at least 12 hours a day, every day. So I felt pretty bad when I questioned the story and an obituary was eventually posted. Oops.

It seems the biggest lie people make up is about their health, though. Or the health of a family member, like Saint Jives does. Is it for sympathy? Can't they get by just having a sense of humor and some intelligence? I don't get it.
Yes, I am very cynical. Online and in real life. There are too many liars out there.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
How do we know that this shits not a lie?

its pretty fucking easy to come in here and bitch about other people lying when you could be lying about being lied to.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-03-2010, 04:35 PM)IMaDick Wrote: How do we know that this shits not a lie?

its pretty fucking easy to come in here and bitch about other people lying when you could be lying about being lied to.

Now THAT is cynical. ::lol::
It's kind of psychotic. :|
That's a given with dick.
I have a 12 inch johnny. Who wants to help?

I don't believe shit, I lie like a fucking rug.
Feel sorry for me, I have a problem, I can't stop lying.
I think that's what seperates us, I don't give a fuck, I read the news stories you guys post, I don't buy most of it and what I do believe I don't really care about anyway.
Bottom line...yes, I'm a very cynical bastard. When I lie, I think you know it.
(01-03-2010, 04:40 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: It's kind of psychotic. :|

I suppose you expect everyone to just believe this ?

If I was psychotic and if I told you I was psychotic would you believe it or just think I was lying?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

You're fucking lying.
(01-03-2010, 04:57 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(01-03-2010, 04:40 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: It's kind of psychotic. :|

I suppose you expect everyone to just believe this ?

If I was psychotic and if I told you I was psychotic would you believe it or just think I was lying?

I'd absolutely believe you were mentally ill! 11
Bullshit, lies, all lies.
As someone who has suffered from an extremely debilitating long term illness, it fucking pisses me off. I posted at another forum about it and I could tell that some people were skeptical about my illness. I understand. So many fucking liars out there. Anyway, I ultimately stopped talking about it. :(
Commando Cunt Queen
That was a big, fat lie right thar'. lol. I don't understand it though. It's the internet and pretty anonymous--what a stupid place to try to be something other than you are. Save it for real life, lol.

I think some people just enjoy chain jerking though.

ETA: in answer to the question though, no, I don't think I'm cynical but online, I do fall in to the "I don't give a shit" category.
Commando Cunt Queen

I'm cynical when I read people posting about their wealth...People who have a great deal of money NEVER discuss it, it just isn't done...They don't want people to know about their finances, they prefer to fly under the radar...I suppose some that do it may actually be well to do but, I'd be very surprised.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have at least 14 million dollars on me right now, and a 12" johnny.
(01-03-2010, 03:55 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: It seems the biggest lie people make up is about their health, though. Or the health of a family member, like Saint Jives does. Is it for sympathy? Can't they get by just having a sense of humor and some intelligence? I don't get it.

I'm cynical about things that are important... like say someone makes me a job offer that sounds 'too good to be true' or something like that. I actually just tend to believe people in general, but if it's something that's going to put me in a compromising position, I check them out like a bastard. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(01-03-2010, 05:57 PM)username Wrote: As someone who has suffered from an extremely debilitating long term illness, it fucking pisses me off. I posted at another forum about it and I could tell that some people were skeptical about my illness. I understand. So many fucking liars out there. Anyway, I ultimately stopped talking about it. :(

One thing that gets me is this: If you DO have some kind of 'debilitating illness' or whatever, why the fuck even mention it to people? I mean, unless someone really wants to know how your health is, or it's a forum specifically to address that issue or whatever. I think people who talk very openly about their 'issues', on a regular basis, are sympathy whores.
WTF is the point of getting on the Internet and lying to a bunch of strangers? Eventually, and usually sooner than later, you're going to say something that just doesn't add up to other things you have already said.
Personally, I don't feel the need to get on here or anywhere else and air all my dirty laundry to a bunch of strangers.
We ALL know where that got one particular poster that used to be on here.
If everyone just kept their important, personal bullshit to themselves, the Internet would be a much friendlier place.
Just like fake boobs, I can spot a liar from a mile away.

By the way...I am sicker than a fucking dog right now and don't think I'm going to live through it...send money and gifts please.

Only if you bare your breasts first...
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm a cynical ass.

I'm also a consummate actor. I once played 3 "people" at the same time, and no one ever figured it out because I developed a different personality for them all. Of course, this was in a game, and was for fun, and I came clean about it in the end.

However, in normal online activity I am myself, and I see no reason to lie. If you don't like me for me... then fuck you. So don't worry, anything I post here will either be the truth, or obviously just joking around. I have no health problems except my teeth, the last 3 fingers of my left hand being crooked from having been broken, and some scars. Big whup. I have no reason to lie, the shit that has happened in my life is too fucked up to be made up. And I don't even talk about it.

But yeah, I once flirted with a British girl on the same online game that I pretended to be 2 extra people on. Ends up that it wasn't really a female. Instead it was a man, who felt like he/she/it was a woman on the inside. Fucking gross. So yeah. It pays to be disbelieving on the net. Period. Fucking. Dot.