Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirill
This new show looks very promising

http://www.hulu.com/watch/119583/kirill
I'll have to check that out sometime when I'm not so tired... the first four minutes really dragged, I thought it was more like 15.
One of the comments at Hulu:

This was neither a failed pilot or the first episode of a TV series. It was a web series that air in '08 around the same time as the Olympics. The 34 minutes posted here is the series in the entirety.

The whole thing was apparently just distributed as a marketing gimmick to get people to download Microsoft's Silverlight, a web application designed to compete with Adobe Flash. If you're not a tech person, you might remember Silverlight as the application that the TV network made you download if you wanted to watch the Olympics on your computer.

They billed the whole thing as this layered, interactive scifi experience where viewers could try to piece together the story in between the weekly episodes by finding clues on the character's blogs and other items.

Although I found the main character very compelling and all of the future scenes hard to turn away from, I'm not about to go picking up MSN's cookie crumbs of clues to find out whether there was any meat on the bones of the plot.
<FAIL>
(01-10-2010, 10:45 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: One of the comments at Hulu:

This was neither a failed pilot or the first episode of a TV series. It was a web series that air in '08 around the same time as the Olympics. The 34 minutes posted here is the series in the entirety.

The whole thing was apparently just distributed as a marketing gimmick to get people to download Microsoft's Silverlight, a web application designed to compete with Adobe Flash. If you're not a tech person, you might remember Silverlight as the application that the TV network made you download if you wanted to watch the Olympics on your computer.

They billed the whole thing as this layered, interactive scifi experience where viewers could try to piece together the story in between the weekly episodes by finding clues on the character's blogs and other items.

Although I found the main character very compelling and all of the future scenes hard to turn away from, I'm not about to go picking up MSN's cookie crumbs of clues to find out whether there was any meat on the bones of the plot.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch Wow... that's... odd.

I was under the impression that more episodes would be coming along. I'm feeling a little peeved just now.
I wasn't going to watch it anyway.
I win.
(01-11-2010, 06:22 AM)twisteroo Wrote: I wasn't going to watch it anyway.
I win.

::lol::
86 112
I thought the episode was good... all the way through really. The ending was good too. I'm pissed that it just leaves you hanging.