Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Civil Rights Day Monday.
For all the Yanks............:B
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The damn democrats tried their best to keep the MLK holiday off the calender.

those sorry sumbitches.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-17-2010, 08:03 PM)IMaDick Wrote: The damn democrats tried their best to keep the MLK holiday off the calender.

those sorry sumbitches.

What? Democrats? MLK = Martin Luther King??
(01-17-2010, 08:22 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:
(01-17-2010, 08:03 PM)IMaDick Wrote: The damn democrats tried their best to keep the MLK holiday off the calender.

those sorry sumbitches.

before MLK day was recognised as a holiday it had to pass through congress, many of the dems voted against it.

MLK= Martin Luther King .
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-17-2010, 08:27 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

those sorry sumbitches.

before MLK day was recognised as a holiday it had to pass through congress, many of the dems voted against it.

Does anyone else see the irony?
(01-17-2010, 08:38 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:

those sorry sumbitches.

I do .
John Adams

those sorry sumbitches.

I found this hard to believe so I looked it up (not extensively) but Wikipedia seems to imply otherwise. Fucking Republicans (although I did like me some Ronald Reagan).

The original bill was submitted by a Democrat and most of the opposition over the years seemed to come from Republicans.

Reluctance to Observe Day

Senator Jesse Helms (R-North Carolina) led opposition to the bill and questioned whether King was important enough to receive such an honor. He also criticized King's opposition to the Vietnam War and accused him of espousing "action-oriented Marxism".[9]

Ronald Reagan was also opposed to the holiday, citing cost concerns.[10] He threatened to veto the King Day bill but recanted after Congress passed it with an overwhelming veto-proof majority (338 to 90 in the House of Representatives and 78 to 22 in the Senate).[11]

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) voted against the creation of the holiday to honor King, and later defended Arizona Republican Governor Evan Mecham's rescinding of the state holiday in honor of King created by his Democratic predecessor. After his opposition grew increasingly untenable, McCain reversed his position, and encouraged his home state of Arizona to recognize the holiday despite opposition from Mecham.[12]
Commando Cunt Queen
Happy Civil Rights Day everyone!:B...........No postal service:B......no banks:B...........no Government offices:B............and certainly no work!:B.............:B
(01-17-2010, 08:38 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:

those sorry sumbitches.

If you just saw the irony your a blind bat. It was Republicans who were anti slavery back in the day.
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
Jesus Christ "you're"

those sorry sumbitches.

Well ((shrugging shoulders)) Jimmy Carter proposed it.
Julie needs dropped head first down a very deep and vary narrow chasm. Anyone care to help me carry the fat bitch over to one?
Julie thinks Abe was a Dem?::lol::
(01-17-2010, 10:28 PM)Julie Wrote: If you just saw the irony your a blind bat. It was Republicans who were anti slavery back in the day.

Way WAY back in the day, yes.

But that was before Republicans turned into narrow-minded, self-serving, power mad assholes.
(01-17-2010, 09:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: Happy Civil Rights Day everyone!:B...........No postal service:B......no banks:B...........no Government offices:B............and certainly no work!:B.............:B

Your exuberance is annoying. Smiley_emoticons_fies People aren't meant to be that fucking happy over a stupid one day holiday. 86
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-18-2010, 02:51 AM)username Wrote:
(01-17-2010, 09:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: Happy Civil Rights Day everyone!:B...........No postal service:B......no banks:B...........no Government offices:B............and certainly no work!:B.............:B

Your exuberance is annoying. Smiley_emoticons_fies People aren't meant to be that fucking happy over a stupid one day holiday. 86

I am working today Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(01-17-2010, 11:06 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:
(01-17-2010, 10:28 PM)Julie Wrote: If you just saw the irony your a blind bat. It was Republicans who were anti slavery back in the day.

Way WAY back in the day, yes.

But that was before Republicans turned into narrow-minded, self-serving, power mad assholes.

So are the Democrats.
(01-17-2010, 10:38 PM)D Wrote: Julie needs dropped head first down a very deep and vary narrow chasm. Anyone care to help me carry the fat bitch over to one?

Not until we drop Ramsey, Iamadick, username and MF down there first.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I respect the sentiments of Martin Luther King, he gave some damn fine speeches when he wasn't busy fucking one of his many mistresses.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-18-2010, 10:46 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(01-17-2010, 10:38 PM)D Wrote: Julie needs dropped head first down a very deep and vary narrow chasm. Anyone care to help me carry the fat bitch over to one?

Not until we drop Ramsey, Iamadick, username and MF down there first.

Take a broomstick and shove THAT in your deep chasm. 86
Commando Cunt Queen