Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever joined a forum pretending to be someone else?
Have you ever joined a forum where you already know the people there but you pretend to be someone totally different? You say you are a man instead of a women or vice versa; you are from a different town; act totally different than your normal personality?

I never have but I recently came across someone doing exactly that. I think I am the only one that knows what this person is up too. I don't have proof though. Just a feeling.

What would you do if you knew someone doing this?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Leave them alone. They have their reason for doing this even if it may be to express a different side of their personality. Sometimes others have reasons for doing weird stuff. Besides. Why would you fucking care unless they are doing something directly dangerous or harmful let say... dating someone.
I'd ask them simple questions I know they can't answer like, "Do you ride bicycles professionally or compete on some level? 300 miles a week is a very long distance even if it's spread out over a few days. I would think that leaves you away from home often.

I used to compete competitively on horses in long distance trail and I know it takes quite a bit of training.

Do you ride trail bikes or street bikes? Motorcycles?"
Ramsey, I think you knew all along and why, and who.
The Antagonist Wrote:I'd ask them simple questions I know they can't answer like, "Do you ride bicycles professionally or compete on some level? 300 miles a week is a very long distance even if it's spread out over a few days. I would think that leaves you away from home often.

I used to compete competitively on horses in long distance trail and I know it takes quite a bit of training.

Do you ride trail bikes or street bikes? Motorcycles?"
Hahahaha!
Saddragon Wrote:Leave them alone. They have their reason for doing this even if it may be to express a different side of their personality. Sometimes others have reasons for doing weird stuff. Besides. Why would you fucking care unless they are doing something directly dangerous or harmful let say... dating someone.

I am pretty sure that is not the reason. But I am not going to get involved. I have no proof and they have not done anything other than pretend to be someone else.

It's not on this forum. It's a different one I am on.
Yeah, I've gone back to ForumGarden as a guy named Ginger Vitus. I thought it was funny, but then some people don't appreciate my sense of humor. :Angel:
They will slip up, eventually, I am sure. But I like Ant's suggestion as well.
QueenBee Wrote:They will slip up, eventually, I am sure. But I like Ant's suggestion as well.
I am sure they will.
Oh hell......if they're doing nothing more than a bit of "recreational trolling" then what's the harm?
[Image: alcatraz-prison-picture2-1.jpg]
[Image: what_manner.gif]
Ramsey, you are a fucking liar. You KNEW way before hand that this was going to happen. BTW - I already asked that question and it's gone unanswered.

And I'm keeping the spelling mistake just to torment her. Him? HE can whine to Sarah till the cows come home.

She could have used a little more imagination in His location too.... Mt Clemens? LOL funny how Gratiot runs right into Mt Clemens.
The Antagonist Wrote:Ramsey, you are a fucking liar. You KNEW way before hand that this was going to happen. BTW - I already asked that question and it's gone unanswered.

And I'm keeping the spelling mistake just to torment her. Him? HE can whine to Sarah till the cows come home.

She could have used a little more imagination in His location too.... Mt Clemens? LOL funny how Gratiot runs right into Mt Clemens.

What are you talking about? You never asked me a question. Who is Sarah? Clearly you think someone on one of your forums is doing this.

The person I am talking about is someone I don't know very well so I am not certain they are doing this. It's just a feeling.
they also think a forum mod can't check their IP ::doh::

shit, i was having fun too.

just can't help throwing them under the bus can you? blah blah blah blabbermouth.

Ages ago on a different site i used the name of someone (bitch who used to claim to be a friend) she'd fucked me right off.
I didn't pretend to be that person i just used her screen name (she was a right cunt)
When asked, i made it quite clear i was using a name and NOT pretending to be this bitch.
I actually thought it was really funny and it would draw the bitch out of the wood work - it worked::bigg::

I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
jackboots Wrote:they also think a forum mod can't check their IP ::doh::

shit, i was having fun too.

just can't help throwing them under the bus can you? blah blah blah blabbermouth.
What the fuck are you guys talking about?!?!?!I am talking about someone on my Mom's forum. None of you are on there. That I know of anyway.
I've got no problem interacting with her... it's probably driving her nuts being polite to me though.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:I've got no problem interacting with her... it's probably driving her nuts being polite to me though.
You want to enlighten me as to who you guys are talking about?
Freak magnet Wrote:Ages ago on a different site i used the name of someone (bitch who used to claim to be a friend) she'd fucked me right off.
I didn't pretend to be that person i just used her screen name (she was a right cunt)
When asked, i made it quite clear i was using a name and NOT pretending to be this bitch.
I actually thought it was really funny and it would draw the bitch out of the wood work - it worked::bigg::

You never heard the end of that shit either... and fucking spot actually joined Far's forum as Anastrophe and DID pretend to be him. Hypocrite.

Man, I hate that guy. Smiley_emoticons_stumm
ramseycat Wrote:
The Antagonist Wrote:Ramsey, you are a fucking liar. You KNEW way before hand that this was going to happen. BTW - I already asked that question and it's gone unanswered.

What are you talking about? You never asked me a question. Who is Sarah? Clearly you think someone on one of your forums is doing this.

The person I am talking about is someone I don't know very well so I am not certain they are doing this. It's just a feeling.
No ramsey I never asked YOU a question - that question. I asked it on my forum on 24. You know damn well who I'm referring to. Since you're playing dumb, I'll keep quiet who I KNOW it is.

Remember, IP addresses don't lie.

LK - it's not trolling, it's pathetic.

ramseycat Wrote:
LuMPyPussy Wrote:I've got no problem interacting with her... it's probably driving her nuts being polite to me though.
You want to enlighten me as to who you guys are talking about?
I joined your mom's forum and I'm pretending to be you.