Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your thoughts on the illegals issue
a timely topic. soon Arizona's new law will take effect. what are your opinions on illegals and the state of Mexican immigration in the US?

Anti-Immigrant Group Calls for 'Safe Passage' of Illegals Out of U.S.

Published July 27, 2010

An anti-immigration group is calling on the Obama administration to ensure a smooth exit for illegal immigrants who are trying to leave the U.S. due to the weak economy and Arizona's strict new immigration law.

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is urging U.S. citizens to pressure the White House and the Homeland Security Department to establish "safe departure" border checkpoints along the U.S. border for illegal immigrants so they can leave without fear of being detained or prosecuted for immigration crimes.

"The peaceful and gradual exodus of illegals from Arizona shows there is no need for comprehensive immigration reform amnesty," William Gheen, president of the group, said in a written statement. "Comprehensive immigration enforcement works and has the desired effect without mass deportations."

Gheen said the safe passage would ensure that illegals "leave in an orderly fashion, instead of trying risky desert crossings, paying money to the cartels for passage south, or fleeing to other states."

"This is about the only situation we would ever advocate that our immigration laws be waived," Gheen said. "We want to encourage the illegals to leave America on their own and thus we ask Obama to provide them safe passage out of America.

Neither the White House nor Homeland Security responded to e-mails seeking comment.

The call comes as the Obama administration seeks an injunction in federal court to block Arizona's immigration law, set to take effect on Thursday, that would make illegal immigration a state crime and require police to check the residency status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. A ruling on the case is expected Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

An estimated 100,000 illegal immigrants have left Arizona in the past two years as it cracked down on illegal immigration and its economy was hard hit by the recession. A Department of Homeland Security report on illegal immigrants estimates Arizona's illegal immigrant population peaked in 2008 at 560,000, and a year later dipped to 460,000.

It is not clear how many have left since the new law passed in April. Some are leaving the U.S. and others are heading to neighboring states.

A pro-immigrant group called the safe passage proposal "a little suspicious."

"I think it's clearly part of the attrition strategy. Make things so horrible for immigrants that they will self deport," said Sarahi Uribe, a regional organizer for the National Day Laborer Organizing Network. "But while it's true some people are leaving Arizona, a great deal of people are staying."

Uribe dismissed Gheen's idea as a "thinly disguised" strategy to "drive peoplout of the state of Arizona."

"It's kind of sick they would paint this as humanitarian relief when Arizona's immigration law has created a humanitarian crisis."

Gheen told FoxNews.com that he would not want safe passage for illegal immigrants accused of serious criminal offenses, such as murder or rape.

"The main thing is, we just want them to leave," Gheen said, adding that if all immigration laws were enforced, the number of illegals would be reduced to less than 1 million in 10 years.

photo: Mexican immigrant Luis Manuel, 29, walks along the U.S.- Mexico border after being deported from Arizona.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

note: this topic is not directed at the hordes of Canadians who are sneaking across our northern borders.

[Image: 2wf457o.gif]

The law is NOT anti-immigration, it is anti-ILLEGAL immigration. It's ridiculous. All this law is doing is enforcing a law that the federal government has on it's books and refuses to enforce.
the hispanics are the better citizens in my community. Illegal or not, they are clean and law-abiding. You can't say that about the 'real' americans around here...filthy, slovenly, obese, and filled with a sense of entitlement, americans have become what they were afraid third worlders would bring.
Fug duh kund
true, every situation and community different. when i lived/worked in florida the Cuban immigrants were mostly hardworking good people. the Haitians were nasty and nuts with their damn bloody sacrifices, even on the courthouse steps. goats and chickens.
i had a small house next to mine with 2 bedrooms. there were 15+ illegal/'undocumented' mexicans living in squalor in there. it was deplorable. they festooned their filthy underwear outside on chairs or whatever. they were so fucking LOUD it was intolerable. LOUD obnoxious music all the time. they HATED me, a tall female cop who told them to shut the fuck up and demanded their ID. the little midget macho men did not like that at all. my son was afraid they'd murder me.
it infuriated me i'd catch them shoplifting in walmart and ICE told me i would never get them into court or get them deported. it would take more than a year and they would be long gone. fuckers. when they finally got out because i got the board of health on their asses, the house had waves of cockroaches all over every surface.

i have to add that the legal citizen dirtball inbred rednecks were not much better.

Attached Files
.gif   mariachi.gif (Size: 40.7 KB / Downloads: 41)

The criminal element of illegals will not want to become legal, the ones that are hard working will get visas and work towards their citizenship. If they have the proper papers they will be fine. I fail to see the what the big deal is about.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-28-2010, 04:16 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: a timely topic. soon Arizona's new law will take effect. what are your opinions on illegals and the state of Mexican immigration in the US?

Anti-Immigrant Group Calls for 'Safe Passage' of Illegals Out of U.S.

Published July 27, 2010

An anti-immigration group is calling on the Obama administration to ensure a smooth exit for illegal immigrants who are trying to leave the U.S. due to the weak economy and Arizona's strict new immigration law.

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is urging U.S. citizens to pressure the White House and the Homeland Security Department to establish "safe departure" border checkpoints along the U.S. border for illegal immigrants so they can leave without fear of being detained or prosecuted for immigration crimes.

"The peaceful and gradual exodus of illegals from Arizona shows there is no need for comprehensive immigration reform amnesty," William Gheen, president of the group, said in a written statement. "Comprehensive immigration enforcement works and has the desired effect without mass deportations."

Gheen said the safe passage would ensure that illegals "leave in an orderly fashion, instead of trying risky desert crossings, paying money to the cartels for passage south, or fleeing to other states."

"This is about the only situation we would ever advocate that our immigration laws be waived," Gheen said. "We want to encourage the illegals to leave America on their own and thus we ask Obama to provide them safe passage out of America.

Neither the White House nor Homeland Security responded to e-mails seeking comment.

The call comes as the Obama administration seeks an injunction in federal court to block Arizona's immigration law, set to take effect on Thursday, that would make illegal immigration a state crime and require police to check the residency status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. A ruling on the case is expected Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

An estimated 100,000 illegal immigrants have left Arizona in the past two years as it cracked down on illegal immigration and its economy was hard hit by the recession. A Department of Homeland Security report on illegal immigrants estimates Arizona's illegal immigrant population peaked in 2008 at 560,000, and a year later dipped to 460,000.

It is not clear how many have left since the new law passed in April. Some are leaving the U.S. and others are heading to neighboring states.

A pro-immigrant group called the safe passage proposal "a little suspicious."

"I think it's clearly part of the attrition strategy. Make things so horrible for immigrants that they will self deport," said Sarahi Uribe, a regional organizer for the National Day Laborer Organizing Network. "But while it's true some people are leaving Arizona, a great deal of people are staying."

Uribe dismissed Gheen's idea as a "thinly disguised" strategy to "drive peoplout of the state of Arizona."

"It's kind of sick they would paint this as humanitarian relief when Arizona's immigration law has created a humanitarian crisis."

Gheen told FoxNews.com that he would not want safe passage for illegal immigrants accused of serious criminal offenses, such as murder or rape.

"The main thing is, we just want them to leave," Gheen said, adding that if all immigration laws were enforced, the number of illegals would be reduced to less than 1 million in 10 years.

photo: Mexican immigrant Luis Manuel, 29, walks along the U.S.- Mexico border after being deported from Arizona.
Odie Is Canadian but her lumbering Obese frame would not be able to 'sneak' any-where. It would be more like an elephant trying to sqeeze Into a Mouse-hole.

What gets me about this report Is that 'Due to the economy, they now want to go home'.
Of course America had been discovered earlier. It was hushed up.

Mark Twain

from the LA Times:

A federal judge on Wednesday blocked most of a controversial Arizona immigration law just hours before it was to take effect, handing the Obama administration a win in the first stage of a legal battle expected to end up in the U.S. Supreme Court.

U.S. District Court Judge Susan Bolton 86 in Phoenix issued a temporary injunction against parts of the law that would require police to determine the status of people they lawfully stopped and suspected were in the country illegally. 52

Bolton also forbade Arizona from making it a state crime to not carry immigration documents, and struck down two other provisions as an unconstitutional attempt by Arizona to undermine the federal government's efforts to enforce immigration policy.

In her 36-page decision, Bolton wrote that the provisions would have inevitably "swept up" legal immigrants and were "preempted" by the federal government's immigration authority.

"The court by no means disregards Arizona's interests in controlling illegal immigration and addressing the concurrent problems with crime," she wrote. But, she added, "it is not in the public interest for Arizona to enforce preempted laws."

Gov. Jan Brewer vowed a swift appeal to the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. "We would have liked to have seen it all upheld, but a temporary injunction is not the end of it," she said through a smile after an appearance in Tucson. "I look at this as a little bump in the road."

How do you feel about trespassing? How do you feel about shoplifting? how do you feel about illegal fireworks.

think any of them should be prosecutable?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

This will make the illegals flaunt their illegality. It will create tension and cause havoc. Hopefully most of the illegals get the message and they find no work or get the fuck out.
I have a cleaning company that is Mexican and to get around this mess we required that they be bonded. Social security numbers are required and they must not have a "no record" record, meaning they must be citizens or have green cards. I sometimes remind them that by United States law they must get minimum wage. If they do not like it they are shitcaned and another takes their place. They are a dime a dozen. Cleaning companies that is.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-28-2010, 10:23 PM)Maggot Wrote: This will make the illegals flaunt their illegality. It will create tension and cause havoc. Hopefully most of the illegals get the message and they find no work or get the fuck out.
I have a cleaning company that is Mexican and to get around this mess we required that they be bonded. Social security numbers are required and they must not have a "no record" record, meaning they must be citizens or have green cards. I sometimes remind them that by United States law they must get minimum wage. If they do not like it they are shitcaned and another takes their place. They are a dime a dozen. Cleaning companies that is.

People that beat around the bush with their opinions piss me off.::lol::
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

PHOENIX -- Arizona asked an appeals court Thursday to lift a judge's order blocking most of the state's immigration law as the city of Phoenix filled with protesters, including about 50 who were arrested for confronting officers in riot gear.

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer called U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton's Wednesday decision halting the law "a bump in the road," and the state appealed to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco on Thursday.

Outside the state Capitol, hundreds of protesters began marching at dawn, gathering in front of the federal courthouse where Bolton issued her ruling on Wednesday. They marched on to the office of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has made a crackdown on illegal immigration one of his signature issues.

At least 32 demonstrators were arrested after blocking the entrance and beating on the large steel doors leading to the Maricopa County jail in downtown Phoenix. Sheriff's deputies in riot gear opened the doors and waded out into the crowd, hauling off those who didn't move.

Dozens of others were arrested throughout the day, trying to cross a police line, entering closed-off areas or sitting in the street and refusing to leave. Former state Sen. Alfredo Gutierrez, who ran unsuccessfully for governor in 2002, was among them. A photographer for the Arizona Republic also was detained.

Arpaio vowed to go ahead with a crime sweep targeting illegal immigrants. Phoenix police made most the early arrests, before protesters moved to the jail.

Why can't they enforce the laws that are already in place ?

To be honest, I don't actually have a problem with them being here but, they need to pay taxes like everyone else.

I have much to say about the welfare bitches too. Whatta fuckin' system that is. 52
(07-29-2010, 07:31 PM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

Why can't they enforce the laws that are already in place ?

Good question. The Arizona law is just a copy of the federal law that the government refuses to enforce.

People are trying to make it about race and that's just stupid. It's about enforcing a fricken law. *steps off my soapbox*.
I think it's ridiculous that we don't have true border security.
86 112
(07-29-2010, 07:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

To be honest, I don't actually have a problem with them being here but, they need to pay taxes like everyone else.

I have much to say about the welfare bitches too. Whatta fuckin' system that is. 52

There was a story on the radio yesterday about an illegal getting penile implant surgery...ON OUR TAX DOLLARS. Apparently the guy has been here illegally for over 20 years and abusing the welfare system the hole time. I would like to think this is an isolated case, but quite the opposite.

I get infuriated when I go to the grocery store and see a cart full of absolute shit food and the person pulls out an EBT card. I mean, I am all for freedom of choice, but not when I am footing the bill. Buy your kid a piece of fruit FFS.

And we wonder why kids are fat these days.
It's good to see you didn't abuse your own educational system the 'hole' time!

Fucking 'ell, pmsl!

I've made that same mistake with roll & role...50
It wasn't a "mistake as a typo..dropped the w. But hell, no one else ever does that around here-meh
EXCELLENT --VIRGINIA!

Published August 02, 2010
FoxNews.com

In a decision that could lay the groundwork for an Arizona-style immigration policy, Virginia's attorney general said state law enforcement officers are allowed to check the immigration status of anyone "stopped or arrested."

Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli issued the legal opinion Friday extending that authority to Virginia police in response to an inquiry over whether his state could mirror the policies passed into law in Arizona.

"It is my opinion that Virginia law enforcement officers, including conservation officers may, like Arizona police officers, inquire into the immigration status of persons stopped or arrested," he wrote.