Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am being driven mad by people who can't spell
even journalists! all over the internet! the reader comments are pitiful and pathetic enough, but professionals? alleged wordsmiths? i just read a column in a major newspaper Compcoff about paris hilton's "VILE" of blow. er...that would be VIAL.
(yes i know, i often don't capitalize. that is intentional, a little quirk Smiley_emoticons_biggrin).
did these people go to college to be deemed 'journalists' ? did they go to third grade?
i've heard all the sorry-ass lame excuses. but the people who loudly proclaim they don't care will be judged on job applications, resumes and/or professional work/reports.
i have stirred up defensive hornets nests with spelling threads before, may as well do it again. there is no excuse in the age of spellcheckers.
and don't get me started on their, there, and they're. or your and you're. or to and too. or loose and lose. no apostrophe needed when making a word plural...it's (it is) books, not book's. ad infinitum. 106
oh, and.. one adult human female is a womAn, not a womEn. geeze.

(my rant is not about typos.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

it's seen in advertising everywhere also...print, TV, billboards etc. it has been said America graduates people from high school with no basic skills. i believe that is the truth.
i'm not buying your fucking product if you can't even spell it correctly.

I don't like poor spellers either & I will comment when I know I can get away with it. Having said that, there have been times when I haven't been sure about a word & will post anyway because I was just too lazy to check...A good example would be when I misspelled helmet the other day. 50
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
everyone makes mistakes...i'm referring to the chronic imbecile who can't spell C-A-T even when you spot them the C and the T.
but paid journalists and advertisers? give me a damn break, i have no compunction about calling them out on spelling 101.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Watch "Idiocracy" when you get the chance. A wonderful lampooning of the American 'dumbing down'. Made in jest, I'm afraid a lot of it will be coming true.
Fug duh kund
I thunk that peeple hu cunt speel shud bee stranngeled It berth.
Of course America had been discovered earlier. It was hushed up.

Mark Twain

Weather or not we care or whether you really care are two differnt matters. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(09-01-2010, 05:02 PM)Jurassic Wrote: Weather or not we care or whether you really care are two differnt matters. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

and how is your WEATHER? hah

Attached Files
.gif   th_weather.gif (Size: 39.38 KB / Downloads: 85)

(09-01-2010, 10:00 AM)Oscar Wrote: I thunk that peeple hu cunt speel shud bee stranngeled It berth.

YESSSSSSS!! hah

Attached Files
.gif   strangle.gif (Size: 7.26 KB / Downloads: 81)

(09-01-2010, 05:07 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(09-01-2010, 05:02 PM)Jurassic Wrote: Weather or not we care or whether you really care are two differnt matters. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

and how is your WEATHER? hah

nice thanks LC a balmy 21c Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Spelling doesn't bother me, I don't think it's always on purpose or out of laziness. Some people just can't type or spell, whether English is their second language, they didn't go to school, or they're just retarded. It's no sweat off my balls if someone spells your instead of you're. What bothers me is when both white and black people can't seem to speak properly no matter how many times the 4th grade teacher told them that it's 4 and not foe.
Shut the fuck up and go cook a casserole, Sally. You're one of the last people on EARTH to attempt a valid contribution toward a serious discussion on spelling.
86 112
(09-02-2010, 10:52 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: Shut the fuck up and go cook a casserole, Sally. You're one of the last people on EARTH to attempt a valid contribution toward a serious discussion on spelling.

Well that was a slap in the face. Your correctly spelled words have cut me to the quick.

(09-02-2010, 09:13 PM)sally Wrote: Spelling doesn't bother me, I don't think it's always on purpose or out of laziness. Some people just can't type or spell, whether English is their second language, they didn't go to school, or they're just retarded. It's no sweat off my balls if someone spells your instead of you're. What bothers me is when both white and black people can't seem to speak properly no matter how many times the 4th grade teacher told them that it's 4 and not foe.

Smiley_emoticons_shocked and i thought you was a bird
Actually my brainn knos how to spel, it's my fingers that can't spelll!!! Smiley_emoticons_biggrinhahSmiley_emoticons_wink
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I spell things my way; if you can't figure out what I mean that is your problem.Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Get a fuckin' dictionary.

(09-03-2010, 05:04 PM)Jurassic Wrote:
(09-02-2010, 09:13 PM)sally Wrote: Spelling doesn't bother me, I don't think it's always on purpose or out of laziness. Some people just can't type or spell, whether English is their second language, they didn't go to school, or they're just retarded. It's no sweat off my balls if someone spells your instead of you're. What bothers me is when both white and black people can't seem to speak properly no matter how many times the 4th grade teacher told them that it's 4 and not foe.

Smiley_emoticons_shocked and i thought you was a bird

What, I'm not allowed to use that expression just because I'm a bird?

Guys always find sweaty balls on a chick a bit unnerving.
jesus h. fucking tap-dancing christ....if you are over the age of 7 and still can't spell, can you use a spellchecker??
you look STUPID.