Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hostages at DISCOVERY Channel
this is happening right now...this guy has taken hostages at the Discovery Channel. i don't know what he wants yet, will try to find out...

Officials: Suspect holding hostages at Discovery Channel

Authorities have identified the man holding hostages in the Discovery Channel headquarters as James Lee.
[Updated at 3:31 p.m.] Montgomery County, Maryland, Fire Rescue Chief Ricard Bowers said the gunman at the Discovery Channel's headquarters is holding hostage more than one person.

Bowers said about 3:20 p.m. that negotiations have been going on for nearly an hour, "and we will continue that for as long as we can."

[Updated at 3:17 p.m.] The man suspected of taking at least one hostage at the Discovery Channel's headquarters entered the building's main entrance "wearing what appeared to be metallic canister devices on his front and back," a police spokesman said Wednesday. "He also pulled a handgun out and was waving a handgun."

Silver Spring Police Chief. Chief J. Thomas Manger said police haven't confirmed whether any shots were fired inside the building.

Manger said Lee has remained in first floor area of the Discovery building, where 1,900 employees work.

"We believe that most of them are out," Manger said. "There are a small number of hostages with him."

[Updated at 3:10 p.m.]

James Lee, the man suspected of taking a hostage at the Discovery Channel headquarters, is an environmental protester who has been publishing criticisms of the network, according to a senior law enforcement official close to the investigation.

An angry manifesto posted on a website called SaveThePlanetProtest.com repeatedly refers to humans as "filth" and demands that the Discovery Channel
"stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants."

"Civilization must be exposed for the filth it is," the 1,149-word statement says.

"Humans are the most destructive, filthy, pollutive creatures around and are wrecking what's left of the planet with their false morals and breeding culture," it continues.

Lee also blasts immigration, farming, weapons of mass destruction, automotive pollution, "and the whole blasted human economy."

He demands that the Discovery Channel broadcast daily prime-time shows devoted to "solutions to save the planet," perhaps in a game-show format, insisting "Make it interesting so people watch and apply solutions!!!!"

Many of Lee's comments are directed at "the media," saying "You can reach enough people. It's your responsibility because you reach so many minds!!!"

"The world needs TV shows that DEVELOP solutions to the problems that humans are causing, not stupify the people into destroying the world. Not
encouraging them to breed more environmentally harmful humans," the manifesto says.

"These are the demands and sayings of Lee," the manifesto concludes.

Lee:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif   NEWS.gif (Size: 156.85 KB / Downloads: 40)

Paul Starks, spokesman with the Montgomery police, told WTTG-TV that the suspect has a list of demands but did not elaborate on it.

Starks would not say if the man works for Discovery Communications now or worked there in the past. He also would not say whether anybody was hurt.

Witnesses from a building across the street told Fox News that authorities rushed four stretchers into the building.

i like the Discovery Channel:
website DISCOVERY

lee's 'manifesto' at his website:

click-NUTJOB DEMANDS

hostages safe. suspect was shot by police. this is new, his condition not known.
building not secure, explosive devices may be present.

I believe the genocide should start with him. I think he should not breed.
soooooo.......he says war must be halted or I will kill all these people???
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Oops suspect is dead. Police Guns

At least once a day {and that's not an exaggeration}, I say, "People are so fucked up". They are all around, they walk among us and some look sane. Having said that, I can see why some people snap. It's a fucked up world filled with fucked up people.

I'm normally so much more positive thinking than my comment would lead you to believe. 50
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[/b][b]I heard on news this morning that he had been contacting the channel regularly because he hated much of their programing. I guess just turning the fuckin channel was not enough..he wanted a lot of their stuff blown off the face of the earth. He especially hated all the shows with kids..like Kate + 8 and the Duggers
kate+8 is on Discovery? i thought it was just science and animals. well hell, i can see blowing that the fuck up. Brainexplode

Hahaha!

All those reality shows suck the big one. I think television sucks in general anyway. I can't relate to those sumbitches that sit their asses in front of a tv 247 anyway.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-02-2010, 11:42 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: kate+8 is on Discovery? i thought it was just science and animals. well hell, i can see blowing that the fuck up. Brainexplode

Actually all the mega kid shows are on TLC, I think..or discovery health. Not sure. Don't care really.