Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happening now...Dr. shot at Johns Hopkins
breaking news...
sept. 16, 2010 11:49 am US/Eastern
Doctor Shot At Johns Hopkins Hospital
BALTIMORE
Baltimore Police say a doctor has been shot at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

The suspect is holed up inside the building. he may have a hostage.

Police are on the scene and the hospital is being evacuated.

The condition of the doctor is not known at this point.

Exclamation 
live video here:
SHOOTING

AP says gunman subdued.

Baltimore police were swarming John Hopkins Hospital, where there were reports a person has been shot and that a man has taken a hostage on the eighth floor of one of the buildings, according to authorities and correspondence over the police radio.

Hopkins sounded an emergency alert about 11:15 a.m. at Nelson 8, a thoracic center on its sprawling East Baltimore campus. Police have shut down numerous roads in the area of Broadway, East Monument and North Wolf streets.

Baltimore police did not offer any immediate comment. One officer on the radio asked, "Do we have a description of this guy?"

Another officer said the quick-response team, or SWAT, is at the hospital. The officer said on the radio that a man is "inside the building with his mother and he wants to kill his mom."

Doctor is critical.
reports shooter in custody not yet confirmed.

edit- he is NOT in custody.
sniper set up outside:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   police.jpg (Size: 13.91 KB / Downloads: 32)

ongoing, and Tactical Unit being set up...the guy is in his mother's room and can watch TV so i hope the stations will be cautious how much they show. location of sniper should not have been shown!

this cop a sweetie: Smiley_emoticons_wink
As police moved pedestrians still on Monument Street, Baltimore city police officer Brian Flynn was pushing a woman in a wheelchair. Shirley Barnes, 67, resident of senior citizen housing near the campus, said the incident made her miss an appointment for treatment for swollen legs. "I gotta get my legs fixed," she said. "I haven't seen them since Monday. I'll get an infection. They're supposed to take care of this."

Barnes said she hoped to see doctors on Friday at least to get her dressings changed. As she wheeled down the sidewalk and over curbs Flynn, dressed in plainclothes and a bulletproof vest, was also stopping pedestrians heading other way and turning them around.

"I'd love to keep pushing you, but I got to clear off the other side of block," he said.

well now we'll find out who this nutjob was...

BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP) ―

Baltimore Police say a suspect accused of shooting a doctor at Johns Hopkins Hospital has been shot dead by police.

This after police executed a tactical operation to deal with the gunman who was holed up on the eighth floor of Johns Hopkins Hospital.

jesus christ! he shot himself and his mother too according to reports!

The shooter was tentatively identified Thursday afternoon as Warren Davis, but officials later identified him as Paul Warren Pardus, of Arlington, Va. Police said Pardus apparently used an alias, because the hospital knew him as Warren Davis.

Dr. David Cohen, the physician who was shot, is undergoing emergency surgery and is reportedly expected to survive.

the Doctor: