Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the menthol smokers will be jonesing.
But the minority block may come together in one voice that rings loud and clear........across the land ........for all to hear. Smiley_emoticons_smile I quit smoking a while ago but can relate with my brothers and sisters across Amerika.

The FDA's deliberations over a possible ban on menthol cigarettes have touched off a firestorm of debate within the African American community, and among public health groups divided about how to wean black consumers from their heavy dependence on cigarettes spiked with the minty flavoring.

On Monday, the debate among African American organizations burst into the open after the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People, or NAACP, joined ranks with the anti-smoking group, the American Legacy Foundation, in calling for a ban on menthol as a cigarette flavoring.

The NAACP's appeal came just days after three other African American groups -- the Congress of Racial Equality, the National Black Chamber of Commerce, and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives -- urged the FDA to reject a ban on mentholated cigarettes. Those groups, testifying before a recent meeting of the FDA's scientific advisory panel on tobacco products, expressed concern that banning mentholated cigarettes could spur an illicit market for the outlawed products in minority communities where they are favored. Such a trade in banned menthol cigarettes, in turn, would likely drive a range of illegal activity and put new burdens on law enforcement agencies, they warned.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Why do black people love Menthol Newports so much? It probally goes along with the fried chicken and watermelon.
To be truthful the artichoke goes on to say that the black minority was targeted by the ciggy makers into smoking menthol only. Surely some of the tobacco settlement should go towards this inconvenience. hah
Or in the very least the lawyers that are hashing out all this baloney should get 13 rd of the settlement thusly creating jobs, getting the money back through taxes gained and improving the economy in one fell swoop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If my bootleg switches from movies to menthols, I'm going to be pissed.

Obama smokes Marlboro Reds. Just an aside.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(10-19-2010, 07:50 PM)sally Wrote: Why do black people love Menthol Newports so much? It probally goes along with the fried chicken and watermelon.

It must be kinda hot being all wrapped up in black. I'm guessing it's kind of a cigarette/air conditioning thing.
Commando Cunt Queen