Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween in the ATL
[Image: 25597103_240X180.jpg]

Don't throw eggs at cars in Atlanta.

"Police said a teen threw an egg at someone’s car and the driver drove away. Officials said the driver returned to the scene with a gun.

“It appears the victim in this case was standing at an intersection when the suspect approached him, produced a handgun, and discharged the weapon at least ten times, striking the victim,” said Maj. Keith Meadows of the Atlanta Police Department.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office identified the victim as 17-year-old Tivarus Irving of Union City.

Irving's aunt, Marika Cloud, told Channel 2's Tom Jones she didn't think Irving was even behind the prank. "He didn't throw the egg. Someone else threw the egg," she told Jones. "For years that's been the biggest prank. When you get too old for candy you throw eggs, and now its guns," said Cloud.

The shooter was described as a black male in his late teens or early 20s, wearing a red M & M jacket. Police said the gunman was driving a gold, four-door Mercedes with a red temporary tag."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25589574/detail.html

It is such a stereotype it is almost funny. Poor kid. You can't mess with people in downtown Atlanta. Everybody carries.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Jesus Christ
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't watch the news here very often. Just caught that because I was watching election results. What kind of animal shoots a kid ten times at close range because he threw an egg at your car?

People think it is a form of racism to shy away from a certain stereotype downtown. It isn't. You have to be a little judgmental to be safe when you venture out at night. I hate what this place is becoming. I'm sure it's the same in any inner city. Make fun of all us people in suburbia, but I live to breathe another day.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

I'd live in a box in the country before I would ever willingly live in ANY city. I don't even like the idea of living in a small town. I need wide open spaces.

There is an upscale community that backs up to our property. The homes are a million bucks...easy. Who in the hell would purchase property for that kind of money only to have a neighbor within feet of you? I think they are all stupid city people.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]