Anybody else make their own?
I made some laundry detergent yesterday. I am trying it out today.

Did you know that the enzymes in laundry detergent can be harmful? These enzymes act as hormone disruptors and can penetrate your skin to cause neurotoxic effects, decreased sperm count (not worried about that too much), and mimic estrogen. Some are also carcinogenic.

It was easy to make and is supposed to be low-sudsing so it won't eff up my front-loading machine (that I hate with a passion, btw). Anybody else make their own?

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

No, never made my own. I'm not that domesticated. I'm very good at making sure my home is tidy but, that's about all. I loathe cooking but, like to entertain & I do great laundry using Tide.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Tide smells fabulous. I'm trying to be more eco-friendly and less of a consumer. I suck at it, though, because I will continue to use fabric softener (they say to use white vinegar, can't, will use the lavender & vanilla softener I have for clothes and apple mango tango for towels and sheets).

How many bottles, boxes, tubs, sprayers, sponges, towels, etc do you have under your sinks? That is what made me look up the natural cleaning thing. I have WAY too many. I had over 40 products in my house. That can't be healthy. It just can't.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I have a front loader that I hate because the laundry soap gets trapped in it and causes a musty smell. I stopped using detergent all together and just wash the clothes with extra hot water and vinegar. It works. I also clean the house with mostly vinegar and alcohol and try to avoid too many chemicals.
What about your delicate clothes?

And do you smell fresh as a summer's eve? hahaha
I don't have many delicate clothes, we are pretty much jeans and t-shirt people. If I do have anything delicate then I just put it on the hand wash cycle. The vinegar really doesn't leave a smell on the clothes.
I am going to try to clean/launder with just washing soda, baking soda, vinegar, non-chlorine bleach, fabric softener, and dish soap for a month and see how it goes. It will be hard giving up the pine sol. I love that shit.

What do you use on your wood? I just found out that lemon oil isn't from lemons at all, it's petroleum distillates.

Someone told me to rub just a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe your wood furniture with it. It really works, my dining room table shines like glass after I use it. Try it on a hidden spot first, but I use it on all my wood and it works a lot better than furniture polish.
i have all you soup chickens beat! Sarcastic
i not only scrub my clothes in the creek, but i render the hog fat for the soap. i smell a little like chittlins, but i don't need to impress anyone. 17

this may be the thread that sends Dick screaming away~~Smiley_emoticons_fieshah

[Image: washboard-and-bucket1.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'd have to have slaves if all that were necessary.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Can't you just buy natural products? Isn't that what money is for? lol.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-14-2010, 02:21 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this may be the thread that sends Dick screaming away~~Smiley_emoticons_fieshah

Nah. Dick lives out west and works in the bio industry. You know he has fucked some longhair that makes her own tampons out of shoelaces and buckskin.
(11-14-2010, 04:55 PM)username Wrote: Can't you just buy natural products? Isn't that what money is for? lol.

:sigh: yes

I just fixed the dishwaswer. It wasn't draining. I have an "appliance guy" that is a few cards shy of a full deck that would have fixed it today for cheap, but I fixed it because I CAN. Same with the soap. I can. Hell, if I had a huge strapon and didn't hate taking out the trash so much, I wouldn't need a boyfriend, either.

You must have a massive carbon footprint.
(11-14-2010, 01:53 PM)sally Wrote: Someone told me to rub just a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe your wood furniture with it. It really works, my dining room table shines like glass after I use it. Try it on a hidden spot first, but I use it on all my wood and it works a lot better than furniture polish.

I would have thought alcohol would dry out the wood. Who knew? I like Pledge all surface spray. But Old English oil is good for the basboards and wood trim to make it shiny.

Cracker, how did the detergent you used work out?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The detergent was fine. I'm glad I used fabric softener, though. I don't know if I will use it on my nicer work clothes. I'll use up the regular detergent I have first and see what the homemade kind does to my other clothes.
(11-14-2010, 05:09 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(11-14-2010, 04:55 PM)username Wrote: Can't you just buy natural products? Isn't that what money is for? lol.

:sigh: yes

I just fixed the dishwaswer. It wasn't draining. I have an "appliance guy" that is a few cards shy of a full deck that would have fixed it today for cheap, but I fixed it because I CAN. Same with the soap. I can. Hell, if I had a huge strapon and didn't hate taking out the trash so much, I wouldn't need a boyfriend, either.

You must have a massive carbon footprint.

I take out the garbage! I *could* learn to churn butter but I prefer to buy it at Safeway.

But I recycle the containers.Smiley_emoticons_slash[/size]

Commando Cunt Queen
(11-14-2010, 09:14 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I would have thought alcohol would dry out the wood.

What type of alcohol are we talking about? Rubbing alcohol? Te-kill-ya? What?

Commando Cunt Queen
Well you put the "stuff" in, roll the paper & twist the end, oh no wait, you're talking about soap! Smiley_emoticons_razz Uh, no!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-14-2010, 10:36 PM)username Wrote:
(11-14-2010, 09:14 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I would have thought alcohol would dry out the wood.

Rubbing alcohol, SueB. Put the alcohol on a cloth and polish your wood! Your wood will thank you and all your guests will comment on how shiny it is.

(11-14-2010, 11:15 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-14-2010, 10:36 PM)username Wrote:

Rubbing alcohol, SueB. Put the alcohol on a cloth and polish your wood! Your wood will thank you and all your guests will comment on how shiny it is.

Phew. As long as I don't have to waste any booze.
Commando Cunt Queen