Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got your tree up yet?
Was having a hard time getting into "the spirit" so far this year. Me and the daughter spent yesterday trimming the tree and decorating the house....helped out a lot.

[Image: dsc01122b.th.jpg]

[Image: dsc01120i.th.jpg]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Very nice.

Our tree has been up since the day after Thanksgiving. It is already crunchy. I expect it to drop every needle on the way out the door.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Maybe next week.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-12-2010, 10:01 AM)Cracker Wrote: Very nice.

Our tree has been up since the day after Thanksgiving. It is already crunchy. I expect it to drop every needle on the way out the door.

Yeah, been there, done that. I try to spend a few extra bucks every year for a place that I've used for the last 8 years or so...never had one dry out badly before Christmas. However, this year they had moved somewhere else, and couldnt find them...so I rolled the dice with an unknown (to me) lot.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

hahhahhah I try really hard not to laugh at people, really I do.

I have had the same tree for the last 7 years, it's alive and well and will be the same next year.

it never drops it's needles and it just keeps getting fuller and more beautiful with each passing year.

you may want to look into live tree's and just a little about the nature of the evergreen species, you know once root bound they kinda stop growing up, if you prune them they grow out and fill in.

see ya in the funny papers, you guys crack me up!
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

thekid:

I go to the Home Depot. I'll pop for a $40 tree (7'), but I'm too cheap to pay $60 or $80 for a dead tree. I need to put an evergreen in a pot on the back deck and wheel that in to decorate every year.

I didn't mix up the special tree watering stuff this year, either. I didn't notice that it helped last year. Do you just keep water in your tree holder?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(12-12-2010, 10:48 AM)IMaDick Wrote: hahhahhah I try really hard not to laugh at people, really I do.

I have had the same tree for the last 7 years, it's alive and well and will be the same next year.

it never drops it's needles and it just keeps getting fuller and more beautiful with each passing year.

you may want to look into live tree's and just a little about the nature of the evergreen species, you know once root bound they kinda stop growing up, if you prune them they grow out and fill in.

That is a way better idea. Even though you are such an ass you made a good idea seem like a bad one.
(12-12-2010, 10:51 AM)Cracker Wrote: thekid:

I go to the Home Depot. I'll pop for a $40 tree (7'), but I'm too cheap to pay $60 or $80 for a dead tree. I need to put an evergreen in a pot on the back deck and wheel that in to decorate every year.

I didn't mix up the special tree watering stuff this year, either. I didn't notice that it helped last year. Do you just keep water in your tree holder?

surgar water will help set the needles on a dead tree, instead of cutting the tree off flat cut it at a 45 degree angle and soak it for a day in a bucket of surgar water.

then just keep the holder full from the bucket of solution you used to soak the tree in.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(12-12-2010, 10:52 AM)Cracker Wrote:
(12-12-2010, 10:48 AM)IMaDick Wrote: hahhahhah I try really hard not to laugh at people, really I do.

That is a way better idea. Even though you are such an ass you made a good idea seem like a bad one.

I get tired of raising other peoples kids.

John Adams

That's actually what I paid for this tree ($40) normally I drop around $75 or so. That was a pleasant surprise when I asked the dude the price...hopefully it lasts till Christmas, or I'll be a bit bummed.

And yeah, plain water is all I do...but I make sure to do/check it everyday.

One other thing, I always buy Noble Firs, never Douglas...the Nobles last much longer.

@Dick...My folks used to always buy live trees, and then transplant them out in the back yard when the ground thawed. Do you keep yours inside?

(12-12-2010, 11:12 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I get tired of raising other peoples kids.

hahaha

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
(12-12-2010, 11:15 AM)thekid65 Wrote: That's actually what I paid for this tree ($40) normally I drop around $75 or so. That was a pleasant surprise when I asked the dude the price...hopefully it lasts till Christmas, or I'll be a bit bummed.

One other thing, I always buy Noble Firs, never Douglas...the Nobles last much longer.

I'll pay more attention next year. Or I'll get smart and put it in the dining room that is much closer to the door. This one is so dry it might turn brown before Christmas. I won't be leaving it up until New Year's like usual. This bitch is going out to the woodpile the day after presents are opened (if it doesn't catch fire first).

Here's a recipe I found (not the Home Depot recipe, their recipe had all kinds of weird crap in it):
•1 gallon water
•2 cups light corn syrup
•4 teaspoons chlorine bleach
•4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar (optional)
(12-12-2010, 11:15 AM)thekid65 Wrote:

That's actually what I paid for this tree ($40) normally I drop around $75 or so. That was a pleasant surprise when I asked the dude the price...hopefully it lasts till Christmas, or I'll be a bit bummed.

@Dick...My folks used to always buy live trees, and then transplant them out in the back yard when the ground thawed. Do you keep yours inside?

No, it lives outdoors , you can contol the height by the size of the environment you give roots.

one of the most important things to remember is that the tree's are elevation sensitive, the tree needs to have been grown within a couple of hundred feet elevation of your home elevation and they will do really good in a closed root bound environment.

John Adams

warning, nostalgia...
when i was a kid my dad would take us kids out into the woods and we'd cut down a couple less-than-perfect trees and then tie them together for one full tree~~we looked forward to that every year. it always looked and smelled wonderful.
an artificial tree would have been a sacrilege to him and us.

[Image: sigpic42241_4.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif   tree.gif (Size: 3.17 KB / Downloads: 72)

[Image: christmastree.jpg]

Mine is maintenance free, and just gets bigger each year.
(12-13-2010, 09:16 AM)pyropappy Wrote: [Image: christmastree.jpg]

Mine is maintenance free, and just gets bigger each year.

Yours is bullshit, this picture has been going around for the last couple of months.

I'm beginning to think that you're not even a real pervert. phony bastard!
John Adams

It's a joke you ass. Get a life; live a little, you might just suprise yourself.
(12-13-2010, 01:17 PM)pyropappy Wrote: It's a joke you ass. Get a life; live a little, you might just suprise yourself.

So you're saying you really are a pervert? and the tree is a joke?

John Adams

Heres mine, I got it from Food Lion for 29 bucks. It's actually the first tree I've had in years that stood up straight in the stand all by itself. Usually I have to put shims under it or tie the damn thing to the wall to get it straight.

[Image: 012-1.jpg]
(12-13-2010, 01:43 PM)sally Wrote: Heres mine, I got it from Food Lion for 29 bucks. It's actually the first tree I've had in years that stood up straight in the stand all by itself. Usually I have to put shims under it or tie the damn thing to the wall to get it straight.

[Image: 012-1.jpg]

Gee sally what a nice looking tree, and for only 29.00!! at 7.00 per meal it could have fed four people. pride is a gainful thing isn't it?

I hope it brings you all the joy you deserve this holiday season.

John Adams