Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christmasy Recipes
This one is a good dessert. You can use a different fruit, like raspberries if you want.

STRAWBERRY PRETZEL JELLO SALAD
Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 c. crushed pretzel sticks
34 c. melted butter
3 tbsp. sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 (6 oz.) pkg. strawberry
Jello
2 c. boiling water
2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen strawberries, partially thawed

Mix first three ingredients and press in bottom of a 9"x13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees (metal pan) or 325 degrees (glass pan) 8 minutes. Let cool completely. Beat 1 cup sugar and cream cheese. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over pretzels. Mix Jello and water until dissolved. Add strawberries. Stir into Jello, then set aside for 10 minutes. Pour over cheese mixture. Chill.
FRESH FRUIT SALAD IN CHAMPAGNE

1 golden delicious apple, quartered
1 pear, quartered
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
12 red or pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
14 cup green seedless grapes
14 cup red seedless grapes
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Champagne, enough to cover individual servings

Wash fruit, remove peels, cores, seeds, etc. Section citrus. Cut all fruits into bite-sized pieces. Combine all fruits in a small bowl and toss gently with honey (fine turbinado or 10X sugar may also be used).
Chill for 30 minutes before spooning into decorative individual serving dishes or champagne glasses, filling only half the glass.

Fill the remainder of the glass with chilled champagne. Pink champagne adds color to the mix, but any champagne will be as festive.

When serving in champagne glasses, garnish the edge of the glass with a slice of lemon or orange and dip the rim of the glass in colored sugar.

If serving in bowls, top with a sprig of mint and a dollop of whipped cream.

this is an easy never-fail fudge from Yankee magazine, i've made it many times~~
you can make the Dickie version, no nuts. 28Run1

Yield: 30 pieces

This tasty fudge is soft, but not gooey. Wear long sleeves or oven mitts when stirring; it tends to splatter as it cooks. 43

* 2 cups sugar
* 23 cup evaporated milk
* 12 regular marshmallows
* 12 cup butter
* 18 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 teaspoon vanilla

In a 2-quart saucepan combine the sugar, evaporated milk, marshmallows, butter, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil and is bubbling. Boil and stir for 5 minutes; remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips until completely melted; stir in the walnuts and vanilla. Spread into a buttered 8-inch-square pan and cool before cutting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had a WTF moment as I saw "Christmasy Recipes" on the front page of Mock.

I needed to acknowledge that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Hey, LC, your two favorite things..ginger cookies and cranberries. Actually not sure if this is the same as your famous ginger cookie recipe, as I could not find it to save my life.

Ginger-Cranberry Crinkles
Ingredients

* 34 cup butter-flavor shortening
* 1 cup sugar + 12 cup for rolling
* 14 cup molasses
* 1 large egg
* 2 cups all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose, half whole wheat flour)
* 14 tsp salt
* 2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp powdered ginger
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 12 tsp powdered cloves
* 1 good pinch cayenne pepper
* 34 cup dried cranberries
* 12 cup chopped crystallized ginger

Method

In large mixing bowl, on medium speed, cream together the first 4 ingredients till well combined, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients till just barely combined. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or more. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough in balls, about the size of walnuts (1-1/4" diameter), and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 2-1/2" apart (cookies will spread) and bake for 8-10 minutes. For chewy cookies, slightly under bake; for a crispier cookie, bake longer. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks till completely cooled.