Tiny Houses
I love these cob houses. Someday I want to have one for a retreat when I retire:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrbIYfpR7B5_nV09-QxvB...EDtO1rR6X4]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2xGdgEvKZd28wZWlMtQm...C1dmjAvL7d]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj7j8jECnnzoB5DsJSFaT...wqZyGDaYsQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM0yYvXIhs4javzNdMNpG...3BOsrQyDiw]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbQ_-23zxhr8UngfmoZ_v...mwrWrm87AP]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I also like the more traditional ones:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNWfOEsR8y0eQravG32Za...Q0s9nhk2i7]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHuRPU2QADfDwAoEBHdO4...f1YdQ1ZWvg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCTmsRzUJmlw1vOvlidIM...PFsov8-fBg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlMk5-TpcmVU1o-XbM4Rp...E5Cn9fUgcW]

[Image: tiny-texas-houses1.jpg]

These tiny houses are the ultimate in minimalist living.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
If you want to do this you should do it now, most bucket lists don't get completed.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

love 'em!
and nobody can come and move in with you! hah

I can't retire yet. Also, not every state allows building permits for cob houses. As soon as I decide where I want to retire, I will buy 5 acres (that's enough for one person, I think). Cob houses only cost a couple thousand to build. They are a labor of love.
(12-27-2010, 04:57 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: love 'em!
and nobody can come and move in with you! hah

Word.

I would make a little Cracker Commune of four or five little houses.

I do have a few antique leaded windows of different sizes in the garage. They are the first step of the dream.

I swear I am NOT a hippy. I just love simplicity and room for thought.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzOEOW45j1Wkf_8MqxegA...FuGIGNFZIn]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmd_jyxo7bQTuDsRw7_9d...x4kjPMFhPc]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-yEw7Tdry0YbR4gvSBBV...3XfjeBzh6A]
i never heard of a cob house before. they look like hobbits live there. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

i like this one that you mentioned in my neighborhood thread, a classic Cape Cod on Cape Cod. on a tiny scale. easy to heat. Smiley_emoticons_wink

that little chalet you posted is cute too~~

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

build it in your back yard and move it when you retire, stop being a stubborn bitch and do what you're told.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Cracker will NOT piss in a bucket. I want electricity, cable, and plumbing.
(12-27-2010, 05:06 PM)IMaDick Wrote: build it in your back yard and move it when you retire, stop being a stubborn bitch and do what you're told.

You know, I have a huge backyard. Almost an acre. I could. You're right, I could.

[Image: tiny_house.jpg]

I could at least make plans for a cob house. I think I have a CADD program on one of the computers.
(12-27-2010, 05:06 PM)Cracker Wrote: Cracker will NOT piss in a bucket. I want electricity, cable, and plumbing.

you could always use the house you live in now to take a piss in hah, no one said move into it, just build it.

John Adams

Those are darling! Hahaha!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-27-2010, 05:05 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i never heard of a cob house before. they look like hobbits live there. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

i like this one that you mentioned in my neighborhood thread, a classic Cape Cod on Cape Cod. on a tiny scale. easy to heat. Smiley_emoticons_wink

that little chalet you posted is cute too~~

There are several "hobbit houses" around the world.

[Image: underground-wonders-world-6.jpg]

Cob construction uses reclaimed materials, can be built with a small team of volunteers, are very temperature stable, and have a small carbon footprint.
order the plans today.

http://www.summerwood.com/products/cabins/index.html

order this one it fits you. it looks like it was designed for a surly bitch.

http://www.summerwood.com/products/cabin...-echo.html

John Adams

I don't want a cabin, I want a cob.

Why don't single people live in these? The complete houses from the link cost between $5k and $10k. Why have a bunch of debt and stuff you don't need?
They even have fairy houses for people like you, Dick.

[Image: hobbit-fairy-house-planter.jpg]
A place like that would drive me insane, were the hell do you put the pool table?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KDp00n4fs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucdlpl1SB...re=related
(12-27-2010, 05:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: A place like that would drive me insane, were the hell do you put the pool table?

They have bigger cob houses. There are some beautiful historical thatched cob houses in Britian that are very large.

[Image: 0400Reesft.rolloverfull.jpg]