Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
i love the Scots...but~
you can keep the haggis over there thankyou! Smiley_emoticons_kotz

i love all things Scot. kilts and thistles and Braveheart and the Black Watch and pipers and Glenbogle and tartan wool and Robbie Burns and Brigadoon and highland coos~~
but keep that shite!

HAPPY BURNS NIGHT! Jan. 25

http://www.scotland.org/culture/festivals/burns-night/

UKTelegraph
Scottish officials are attempting to persuade American politicians to reverse a 40-year ban on the haggis.
22 Jan 2011

Richard Lochhead, the Scottish Government's Rural Affairs Secretary, has invited a delegation of American politicians to Scotland in the hope of persuading them to overturn the ban.

The iconic Scottish dish is been barred in the US for more than 20 years because its food safety department prohibits the use of sheep lungs in food products.

The US could provide a highly lucrative market for Scottish haggis producers, particularly in the run up to Burns Night, the traditional celebration of the life and poetry of Robert Burns.

Mr Lochhead raised the matter with US authorities last year and said he hoped to persuade the delegation that "it's time to allow imports to resume".

Mr Lochhead said: "We want to capitalise on the diaspora of Scots in the US and many of them would enjoy the opportunity to indulge in authentic Scottish haggis to accompany their neeps and tatties on Burns Night.

"Scotland's produce is amongst the best in the world and I've asked US Department of Agriculture officials to come here to see for themselves the high standards we have in animal health and processing.

"This will help them realise that our haggis is produced to the highest standards and that it's time to allow imports to resume."

[Image: scots_flower.jpg]

[Image: haggis.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif   bagpipes.gif (Size: 2.25 KB / Downloads: 69)
.gif   braveheart.gif (Size: 67.83 KB / Downloads: 68)
.gif   kilt.gif (Size: 8.01 KB / Downloads: 68)
.gif   runsheep.gif (Size: 1.82 KB / Downloads: 68)
.gif   highlandcow.gif (Size: 4 KB / Downloads: 69)

Fucking fuck! Smiley_emoticons_kotz

People will eat the damndest things. Seriously, you'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to indulge in that or anything like that. Ugh.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-23-2011, 07:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Seriously, you'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to indulge in that or anything like that. Ugh.

Seriously . . .

What offends you the most with Haggis?
(01-23-2011, 01:03 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: What offends you the most with Haggis?

Simply the look of it tells me everything I need to know.

If a pecker looked like that, it wouldn't be getting anywhere near my mouth either...just sayin'.

I guess there's a reason LC calls me a trollop.
(01-23-2011, 01:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 01:03 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: What offends you the most with Haggis?

Simply the look of it tells me everything I need to know.

If a pecker looked like that, it wouldn't be getting anywhere near my mouth either...just sayin'.

I wonder if others have the same reaction to Tacos?

I happen to love tacos. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Yesterday I was behind a truck that had a scrotum sac wrapped around the tow hitch in the back, they looked like a set of bulls balls and I know they were made of rubber but hell they looked real. This Haggis thread reminds me of those balls.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Scotch Eggs
6 hard-boiled eggs, well chilled
1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage
12 c. flour
2 eggs, beaten
34 c. fine bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

Heat oil in a sturdy frying pot to 350 degrees. Peel eggs and set aside. Divide sausage into 6 portions. Dust each egg in flour and with hands press a portion of the sausage around each egg. Dip sausage-wrapped eggs into beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs. Cook each egg in oil about 4-5 minutes or until sausage is cooked and browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm or cold.

[Image: hellooo-scotch-eggs.jpg]