Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isabella Oleschuk. Conn. missing. age 12
Exclamation 

waiting for more information. reports vary, age 12 or 13. also 2 different spellings of last name. deaf in one ear, hearing aid not taken.

Description of Isabella Oleschuk:

12 year old white female
blue eyes
shoulder length blond hair
5 feet 4 inches
120 pounds
She may be wearing a light blue jacket, brown felt hooded cape, and black rain boots.
Police have stated that there was no sign of an abduction or foul play and aren’t sure if she ran away.

Police in Orange and the FBI continue to look for a 13-year-old girl who has been missing since Sunday morning.

Isabella Oleschuck might have left her home on Saturday night without her parents knowing, Orange police said. She feeds the family’s chickens every morning and they were fed before she disappeared, but her hearing aid and cell phone were inside the house.

Officials and volunteers suspended the search for her at 6 p.m. on Monday and will resume this morning.

One lead police are working on came from a jogger who reported seeing a girl who looked like Isabella and a teenage boy walking and holding hands near Race Brook school between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Sunday.

"The young female did fit Isabella's description, similar to Isabella. We do not know if it was Isabella," Police Chief Robert Gagne said.

The couple didn't appear to be in any distress, Gagne said.

State Police dive teams searched a pond behind the school on Monday, but would only say it was part of the investigation.

A team of 80 police cadets helped search the woods near Oleschuck's house, an FBI helicopter and a plane were also brought in to aid in the search Sunday.

The West Haven fire department and the town CERT team are also assisting with the search.

Oleschuck, a 7th grade student at Amity Middle School, has blue eyes and shoulder length blond hair. She is 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weights about 120 pounds. She might be wearing a light blue jacket, brown felt hooded cape and black rain boots.

Her church, at 205 Meetinghouse Lane, in Orange, held a candlelight vigil for Isabella Monday evening.

“Isabella is around somewhere, we don't know where right now, but she is definitely with us,” Jim Zeoli, Orange First Selectman, said.

Police have not found any signs of foul play in Isabella’s sudden disappearance.

She is considered an endangered runaway, but authorities said they are not ruling anything out.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Isabella Oleschuck is asked to call the Orange Police Department at 203-891-2130.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Isabella-Oleschuck_missing.jpg (Size: 5.65 KB / Downloads: 96)

time is of the essence, as always with missing kids.
FBI is already in.

ISABELLA OLESCHUK
DOB: Jan 30, 1998
Missing: Mar 20, 2011
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Eyes: Blue
Race: White
Age Now: 13
Sex: Female
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Hair: Blonde
Missing From:
ORANGE
CT
United States
Isabella was last seen at home, early on the morning of March 20, 2011. She was last seen wearing a light blue jacket and black rain boots.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

[Image: NCMC1168240c1.jpg]

She was bullied by classmates. Pretty brutally from the sound of it. There was a report of two young teens walking not far from her home very early in the morning. No word on a connection yet. A body was found 18 miles away, but it doesn't seem related to her case per unofficial reports so far.

Poor kiddo. I hope she has only run away, and not something worse.
the body is being reported as male.

funny, she fed the chickens at 0600 and then vanished.

Several years ago there was a young girl who went missing and was found by a hunter a long time later. She had hung herself high up in the trees. I get a really bad feeling this is going that same way...
This is the first I heard of this. I hope they find her safe... and soon.
[Image: 155fs853955.gif] I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. [Image: 5yjbztv.gif]
i'd like to know more about her family situation. just routine.

FBI got involved pretty fast, too. A little too fast?

(03-22-2011, 11:00 AM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: FBI got involved pretty fast, too. A little too fast?

well no such thing as too fast in my opinion. i expect that the locals called them in right away in case it was an abduction.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team arrived in town to offer its expertise to the search.

it's a sad truism that if a child is not located with 72 hours, the chances/odds of finding them alive go down very quickly.

a SILVER alert has been issued, similar to Amber Alert, means disappearance is "mysterious".

The Silver Alert means her disappearance is "mysterious," said a law enforcement official involved in the case, compared to an Amber Alert which is issued when there is a fear the child had been abducted.

Missing person posters issued by State Police describe her as an "endangered runaway."

The law enforcement official said there could be a statement made this afternoon about the situation, but cautioned it might not be that Isabella had been found.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Silv...z1HLOXxWlI

searchers going through residential properties:

[Image: ?controllerName=image&action=get&id=6768...height=471]

Thats an odd statement to make. Announcing a future statement that might not be that she was found?
yes i agree it was odd. but it says they have no real info, or they aren't telling what they know.
i also would like to know if dogs tracked her at all. and to where? the ground is very damp and wet and even swampy.
it's gone past 72 hours now. :(

i also thought silver alert was for elders or people with mental disabilities.

edit to add: this contradicts story that she fed chickens in AM.
The girl's parents believe that Oleschuk may have slipped out of their home at 170 Derby Ave. on Saturday night without their knowledge.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Silv...z1HLbuUYJp

FBI page:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

News 3 WFSB

Isabella's father is a 7-year veteran of the West Haven Fire Department. Their Orange home has been barricaded by police since the search began. A neighbor who said he is close friends with the family said he has not been allowed to visit family.

The West Haven Fire Chief has not been able to get through as well. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Police are asking officials from across the state to help with the search, but at this point the general public is not being used to help aid in the search.

i am very wary about "house is barricaded". even against the father's own supervisor? (the Fire Chief).
the parents are not in the media pleading for their child's safe return.

searchers in area. (not her home)

Her father's Dept., courtesy photobucket

[Image: ovfd.jpg]

her home:

Someone reported that they believe they saw Isabella walking with a boy around 6 am. Could that be the male body that was found? Any reports?
[Image: 155fs853955.gif] I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. [Image: 5yjbztv.gif]
New Haven Register

ORANGE — The search for 13-year-old Isabella Oleschuk continued for a third straight day Tuesday, and her parents will make their first public statement on Wednesday morning, police said.

Police will give a brief update on the case and "Isabella’s family will make a brief statement at that time as well," police said in a statement late Tuesday.

The family will not take questions after their statement, police said.

presser will be at 1100.

WTF?? Media questions will not be answered at this press conference.
Police advise this is for the press only, not the general public.

i keep wondering why, when the child was deemed a "runaway" at the outset, that the Feds and all kinds of resources were brought in immediately. even her dad was going to businesses etc. saying she ran away. that does not usually happen, although i am glad there is an intensive search.
i would also like to know if the parents have been given routine polys and cleared.

[Image: ee08da3a65fe42d8fa73b5ba7f617559]

[Image: staticmap?size=350x350&zoom=15&markers=s...nsor=false]

no details yet, she has BEEN FOUND SAFELY!

Yes!!!! Excellent news!!!

Did they say in presser she was with a friend? I'm almost sure I heard that...
http://www.westport-news.com/local/artic...268481.php

ORANGE -- Isabella Oleschuk, the 13-year-old Orange girl who had been missing since Sunday morning, was found Wednesday morning just minutes before her parents were scheduled to address the media for the first time.

Police Chief Robert Gagne, scheduled to deliver opening remarks at a press conference that had been scheduled Tuesday, walked up to the podium at the First Congregational Church at about 11:10 a.m. and made a dramatic, unexpected announcement:

"I'm thrilled to announce to you that she has been found," he said.

Gagne said Isabella had been found just minutes before the press conference was scheduled to begin. Gagne said Isabella had been at a friend's house, and that police and paramedics were on their way to check on her.

A cheer went up in the room, and friends and family members began to cry almost immediately after. At 11:25 a.m., church bells rang in celebration.

which begs the question...what kind of "friend" lets a huge search go on for days and people worry themselves sick?? and that goes for the girl too. a rotten thing to do to her family.
i'm glad she's safe, but what they did sucks, whatever the "reason" may be.

she was in a barn near her house. something is very fishy with this story.

Attached Files
.gif   goldyz04.gif (Size: 13.62 KB / Downloads: 13)