Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzle
Not a very hard one but a puzzle all the same.

Three cowboys are in a three way stand off in a three way duel over the affections of a fair maiden.

Cowboy 1 shoots accurately 90% of the time.
Cowboy 2 shoots accurately 60% of the time.
Cowboy 3 shoots accurately 10% of the time.

Each cowboy has got one shot.

Who should cowboy 3 shoot?

(Its a simple puzzle, they aren't on the moon or in a parallel dimension where bad shots always shot straight).

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
He should shoot the fair maiden and find one he doesn't have to fight a gun fight over.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(04-16-2011, 05:20 PM)IMaDick Wrote: He should shoot the fair maiden and find one he doesn't have to fight a gun fight over.

Which is........the wrong answer.

"But it is also the right answer! there is more than one right answer!, wah!, wah!, wah!".

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Cowboy 1 so he has better odds? Or himself, since it doesn't sound like he will make it anyways. hah
Cowboy three should shoot himself. He is a disgrace to armed cowboys with that pissant 10%.

Sheesh.
I hate puzzles (because I suck at them). He should duck, let the first two take their shots and then shoot the one still standing.

I don't quite get "three way duel" since a duel, by definition, is between two people...*scratches head* I dunno.
Commando Cunt Queen
!0% guy should aim in the middle of 60% & 90% cowboy. And hopefully miss his target and hit one of the others.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-16-2011, 07:14 PM)username Wrote: I hate puzzles (because I suck at them). He should duck, let the first two take their shots and then shoot the one still standing.

I don't quite get "three way duel" since a duel, by definition, is between two people...*scratches head* I dunno.

Haven't you ever seen the Good the Bad and the Ugly? probably the most famous three way duel of all time?

Your answer by the way is incorrect.

(04-16-2011, 06:49 PM)trixie Wrote: Cowboy 1 so he has better odds? Or himself, since it doesn't sound like he will make it anyways. hah

Sorry no, swing and a miss.

(04-16-2011, 09:51 PM)Maggot Wrote: !0% guy should aim in the middle of 60% & 90% cowboy. And hopefully miss his target and hit one of the others.

Is.......the wrong answer.

I don't know if anyone will get this.

The answer is common sense but probably contrary to the American psyche.

I await crackers "academic" solution.
So who should cowboy 3 shoot?

Smiley_emoticons_wink
All puzzles are easy when you know the answer. Shoot in the general direction of 1 then. He has a 90% chance of missing him.
(04-17-2011, 09:28 AM)Maggot Wrote: All puzzles are easy when you know the answer. Shoot in the general direction of 1 then. He has a 90% chance of missing him.

I wouldn't say this was easy as such, it's all about probability.

Your latest answer is incorrect.

I'd say that he should have a yap/agreement with cowboy #1, and they both shoot at #2.

Then afterward, they can have a threesome with the maiden. Everyone's happy.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

hah

Clue - Who should a cowboy with a 10% accuracy rate really be shooting at?
(04-17-2011, 10:51 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: hah

Clue - Who should a cowboy with a 10% accuracy rate really be shooting at?

No one...?
(04-17-2011, 10:58 AM)trixie Wrote: No one...?

Is the........CORRECT ANSWER!

You got it trixie.

Cowboy 3 is statistically best off shooting his gun in the air thus effectively eliminating himself from the three way duel, this will also make cowboy 1 and 2 focus on each other as the only viable threat and cowboy 3 has a 90% chance cowboy 2 will die and a 60% chance cowboy 1 will die, both far superior to his 10% chance of hitting anybody.

Dick to come in with bitching illogical horseshit in 3, 2, 1.......
I might have to step in for ImaDick here...

So, by your answer, we have 1 cowboy who said fuck it, I'm not a good shot and will throw in the towel. He's wasted his shot, albeit only a 10% chance. In a life or death situation, I'd take my chances at 10%. Who's to say that the 90% shooter wouldnt just plug your ass (the 10 percent-er) and take his chances that the 60% shooter will miss?

You also have, by your logic, 2 cowboys shooting at each other, with a combined total of a 50-50 chance of hitting one another. It's quite possible one of them will live..and you're still stuck with 2 cowboys.

Not a good puzzle, OP...too many variables and assumptions.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

I hope the bullet lands on your head when it falls back to earth. 45