Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Puzzle three
hah

The king is at deaths door but he has no heir, so he invents a test to find the new king. He puts a 100 carat ruby in a gold chalice in the middle of a 20 foot by 20 foot tapestry. The next king must grasp the ruby from the chalice with his bare hand without suspending from the ceiling or stepping on the tapestry. Three days pass and nobleman after nobleman fails to grasp the ruby. Then one day the dying king is shocked to witness a small boy grasp the ruby from the chalice without so much as his shadow gracing the tapestry. The new king is chosen, how did he do it?

n.b - the boy doesn't have wings, or magic powers and I'm pretty sure he isn't a pussy cowboy.

hah
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
He rode his tricycle out and grabbed it. Or he rolled up the tapestry to the point of the chalice and picked it up then.

I always look for the loopholes in the language first.
Commando Cunt Queen
No he hasn't got a bike, or a hang glider or anything like that.

All he has got is himself and he is a completely normal little boy, he has no tools or implements of any kind whatsoever.

This is a logic puzzle and it is in no way a trick question.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Maybe I'm missing something...did he just roll up the tapestry like username said? You said nothing about them not being able to touch the tapestry with his hands.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

He untied the rope holding the tapestry, lowered it to the level that he could reach the ruby.
(04-19-2011, 04:48 PM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: He untied the rope holding the tapestry, lowered it to the level that he could reach the ruby.

The tapestry is lying flat on the floor.

I was assuming from the way the puzzle was written that the tapestry was placed on the floor. "
puzzleboy Wrote:or stepping on the tapestry
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

He walked on his hands?

(sorry...read quickly as i was doing 20 other things.)
did he use a long stick-tool-type thingy to snare it?

i hate you OP. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Oooh! What about....did his dad carry him? Because it's dad who is touching the tapestry, not the boy.
get back in here OP! 45