Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
An Apple a day?
Are you an Apple addict?, do you have an I-phone and an I-pad and an I-pod? and an I-book?

I don't, I have none of those things, I think thatthe current Apple explosion is the latest chapter of consumers swallowing the Emperors new clothes story without realising that the emperor is in fact naked.

To me Apple products are like kindergarten toys for people who are too lazy to actually sit down and work out how a cellphone works, or how an MP3 player works, or how a computer works.

My friend Tony is an Apple drone, Steve Jobs could start selling his farts in a jar and Tony would be queueing outside the Apple store at midnight waiting to buy a jar.

When the original I-phone came out I went to the Apple store with Tony when he went to buy one, he was like a fucking kid on Christmas morning. He could barely wait for the honour of handing over nearly £400 for a cellphone with a little picture of an Apple on it. I could hear yelling and whooping and cheering from inside the store, I thought what the fuck is going on in there?

After people were buying their I-phone they were greeted with a bunch of Apple store employees whooping and cheering and giving them high fives..........for buying a cellphone.

Are you an Apple freak? I personally have always brand loyality retarded unless its food maybe, or a make of car.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I don't have any of the above. I'm satisfied with my BlackBerry, it can also be used in the same fashion as an Ipod.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I sometimes wish I had a bag of marbles to toss in front of all the idiots I see walking with their nose stuck in their cellphones/computer/television. Oblivious to everything going on around them.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Some people may as well have their cellphone surgically attached to the end of their nose.

When I am out and about I like to look at my surroundings, the clouds, the trees and the people walking by.

I was on a bus the other day and everyone on it under the age of 40 had their face buried in a cellphone or portable games console.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-22-2011, 12:22 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Some people may as well have their cellphone surgically attached to the end of their nose.

When I am out and about I like to look at my surroundings, the clouds, the trees and the people walking by.

I was on a bus the other day and everyone on it under the age of 40 had their face buried in a cellphone or portable games console.

You left out one Opie, you also said that you post to Mock from your phone while a friend gives you a ride home from school.

That straddling the fence shit has got to be fucking up your chance to have more kids.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I can just as well live my whole life without using an Apple anything. They have IMacs here at the office, and I bring my laptop every day just so I do not have to use them.
I will just continue in my mindless following of Bill Gates. NotworthyNotworthyNotworthyNotworthyNotworthy
i don't own or need any of that stuff. just my computer on my desk. my son here has an HP laptop that operates off my internet service with a router. it was simply more convenient for him to have a laptop.

my sister has never had a computer. since i have hounded her relentlessly, she is getting one this month. and she stubbornly insists it has to be an apple laptop. i asked her why...she doesn't know why! aghhhhh!! 15
i suppose some are more susceptible to advertising/hype than others.

I have an I-pod, but I got it as a gift. I haven't even used it in a couple years. I don't understand the big hype about I-phones, Androids are the same thing, but they get better signal.
I had a mac a few years ago. They're fantastic...when thrown against a brick wall. Kept the delete key as a reminder to all technology in my presence that they can be eliminated. Take that, SkyNet!
I have an iPod that I use daily at the gym and a Kindle that I love. I'm semi-interested in an iPad. But I'm not addicted to all things Apple. I just like good technology.

I have NO interest in having a cell phone that is basically a mini-computer. Too freaking small--I don't want to surf the web with my pinkie fingers.
Commando Cunt Queen
I'm kinda digging this:
[Image: atrix_1875635c.jpg]

Anybody have one?

I have an HTC phone. I lose pictures all the effen time. It is a droid network problem, not the phone. There is nothing worse than losing something that can't be replaced. :(
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(04-22-2011, 07:31 PM)username Wrote: I have an iPod that I use daily at the gym and a Kindle that I love. I'm semi-interested in an iPad. But I'm not addicted to all things Apple. I just like good technology.

I have NO interest in having a cell phone that is basically a mini-computer. Too freaking small--I don't want to surf the web with my pinkie fingers.

Kindles are manufactured by Amazon.

I don't know, I still like the feel of a real book in my hand, and my bookcase looks nice.

Everyone I know with a Kindle loves it but, like OP, I enjoy the feel of a book in my hands. I even have a shit ton of cookbooks...not that I use them, they just look nice in my kitchen.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-22-2011, 01:56 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You left out one Opie, you also said that you post to Mock from your phone while a friend gives you a ride home from school.

That straddling the fence shit has got to be fucking up your chance to have more kids.

I have posted on mock using my phone like a handful of times.

This makes me identical to people who do nothing but stare at their phone for entire journeys day after day in dick brainfart land.
(04-23-2011, 07:09 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 01:56 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You left out one Opie, you also said that you post to Mock from your phone while a friend gives you a ride home from school.

I have posted on mock using my phone like a handful of times.

This makes me identical to people who do nothing but stare at their phone for entire journeys day after day in dick brainfart land.

Yes it does.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

My work phone has all kinds of stupid shit on it. Its a crackberry and I leave it there at night and on the weekends. My private phone is a net10 phone that I use as a phone only (gasp!) It cost me 30.00 every 2 months, I use about 300 min or 150 min a month. I hate phones, they are sent from hell to drive mortals crazy.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-23-2011, 07:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Everyone I know with a Kindle loves it but, like OP, I enjoy the feel of a book in my hands. I even have a shit ton of cookbooks...not that I use them, they just look nice in my kitchen.

I thought I would prefer books but I borrowed a friend's Kindle and got hooked.

One reason I wanted it was because I had books coming out my ass! They were everywhere in my house and occassionally, I'd bag them up and donate them but they didn't look good. My husband likes historical books; I let him keep those and they look decent on our bookshelves and I don't have to worry about getting rid of the trash I read.

Another motivator for me was the closest bookstore was at least 20 minutes away (by freeway). I read so much; it was a pain-the-ass constantly driving down there to buy books.
Commando Cunt Queen
Ever heard of Amazon?
John Adams

(04-23-2011, 04:55 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Ever heard of Amazon?

Yeah, that's where I get my books but I download them now. Even worse than driving 20 minutes each way for me is to wait for something to get shipped! I know they're fast but that requires some forethought as to what I'm going to read next. I don't even meal plan--unless I'm in the middle of a series, I don't know what my next book will be.

I finished a book on the way down to L.A. yesterday and within 2 minutes of finishing it, I had downloaded a new Harlan Coben book. I always have to have a book going or...I'll die, lol.
Commando Cunt Queen
I've never had a cell phone. I'd like a camera or video phone but I think the monthly charge is rather expensive (unlike a phone only). Maggot, does that phone you mentioned have a camera?

For whatever reason, I don't like reading books online/at the PC and I'd like to try a Kindle for that reason. When you d/l a book to Kindle, is the price the same as buying the actual physical book? One think I know about Kindle is that Amazon reserves the right to delete anything you have on your Kindle. I don't like that. I saw a commercial for som other reader that is easy to read in bright sun (I guess the Kindle isn't) but I can't recall the brand.

From what I understand about Macs is they are the best for anyone into graphics, photography, and video, especially if it's professional level stuff. A photographer friend told me most people are better of with a PC because Macs are way more expensive and do things most people would never use.

Duchess, you said the Blackberry does the same thing as an iPod - stores music? Is it also a phone? What are they used for? Forgive my stupid questions because I don't know squat about gizmos!