Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephanie Owens and three daughters missing
Most certainly these three girls are dead.

I wasn't able to find paper and pen quickly enough, but the gist of the text message from one of the girls to her grandmother stated something to the effect of "Hi Mom Mom. We're not going to do Easter but mom says if you don't do Easter you get to see God."

Also within the report were references to troubling FB postings.

In an "endangered missing person advisory," Illinois State Police said they're looking for four members of a southwest suburban Crestwood family.

Madison Owens, 11, and her 9-year-old twin sisters, Kristen and Nicole Owens, were last seen with their mother, Stephanie Owens, on April 24 at their Crestwood home. All four are missing.

The alert was issued because at least one of them is believed to be in danger "because of age, health, mental or physical disability, environment, weather conditions, or in the company of a potentially dangerous person."

They're believed to be traveling in a 1996 silver Lexus four-door with Illinois license plates L321854.

The vehicle was last reported being seen by police in Abingdon, about 50 miles east of the Iowa/Illinois border. The vehicle was parked, unoccupied, in the American Legion parking lot at the time but is no longer there.

Cell phone records indicate the phones have been powered off since Monday.

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/end...z1KsXGNuED

"Madison Owens, 11, (far left) and her 9-year-old twin sisters, Nicole (center) and Kristin Owens (bottom right), were last seen with their mother, Stephanie Owens (inset), on April 24."

esbee: Most certainly these three girls are dead.

i wouldn't jump to that terrible conclusion just yet. they could be on the road somewhere. with a dead phone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

this is friday, she last used credit card wednesday.

http://www.wgnradio.com/news/chibrknews-...2169.story
Neubreuer said the family apparently ran out of gas. The mother was taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation, and the three children were in protective custody, she said.

good news on the kids.

(04-29-2011, 12:03 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: good news on the kids.

I am so relieved. The news reports on television last night were ominous. Also reported was that the car had been spotted in several places without evidence of the children inside.

I am grateful.
Great news on the girls. Curious as to what's going on with the mother though.

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed."

- Albert Einstein
(04-28-2011, 11:28 PM)esbee Wrote: Most certainly these three girls are dead.

Why are you so quick to think these children are dead? The first sentence in the first post in the thread & you've got them dead. Do you have more knowledge than what you included in your post? Are you so hopeless that you couldn't have held out even a semblance of hope & being positive about the outcome?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-29-2011, 05:39 PM)Duchess Wrote: Why are you so quick to think these children are dead? [/i][/size]

It was late at night when I watched the news report on television. The text message from one of the girls to her grandmother was so troubling and I wish I had had paper and pen to transcribe it. The report also stated that there had been many FB postings by the mother that her friends found troubling.

It was a heart-sinking feeling. I don't know how to describe it. It was reminiscent of Andrea Yates as friends of the mother offered that Stephanie Owens' postings were full of references to God and the Devil.

Again, I am so grateful that they have been found.