Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the GOP is the union enemy?
With the vote on collective bargaining turning into riots and carnage in Wisconson, the left has labled the GOP as anti-union yet those same Democrats have slipped under the media radar doing the exact same thing in the blue belly of the bluest state in the union. But you will not hear a peep about it in the news.

House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights........

Complete article here
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
“It’s pretty stunning,’’ said Robert J. Haynes, president of the Massachusetts AFL-CIO. “These are the same Democrats that all these labor unions elected. The same Democrats who we contributed to in their campaigns. The same Democrats who tell us over and over again that they’re with us, that they believe in collective bargaining, that they believe in unions… . It’s a done deal for our relationship with the people inside that chamber.’’

Or in other words, we owned you and you're turning your back on us now. Boo fucking hoo. Good! I'm deliriously happy if some Democrats are turning their backs on the unions. I only hope the GOP turns its back on some of its special interest groups too.

Commando Cunt Queen
Unions take "dues" from workers and give those contributions to political allies. Kinda like the Mafia buying and selling protection from the the polititians. A cool chart here
(04-29-2011, 09:44 PM)username Wrote: Or in other words, we owned you and you're turning your back on us now. Boo fucking hoo. Good! I'm deliriously happy if some Democrats are turning their backs on the unions. I only hope the GOP turns its back on some of its special interest groups too.

I agree, most polititians on both sides are corrupt up into their silt filled gills. I just want them all to be honest and do whats best for the country and stop worrying about getting re-elected. The moment they step in Washington they begin to like all the cushy seats all over the place and never want to leave.
(04-29-2011, 09:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: Unions take "dues" from workers and give those contributions to political allies. Kinda like the Mafia buying and selling protection from the the polititians. A cool chart here

106 Campaign finance reform.

I don't know what the answer is but none of the parties should benefit from the backing of these special interest groups. If you stripped all of that away, I bet you might find a decent politician/leader in there, somewhere. The fact that our politicians are beholden to certain groups depending upon what side of the aisle they fall on...

Stupid!
Commando Cunt Queen
Lobbyists own all American politicians asses.

In the UK private citizens make contributions to political parties but we don't have lobbyists anywhere near as powerful and influential as you do in the US.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-30-2011, 05:42 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Lobbyists own all American politicians asses.

In the UK private citizens make contributions to political parties but we don't have lobbyists anywhere near as powerful and influential as you do in the US.

CBI and banking lobbies are very influential in your gov't. Your system is a stronger party system than ours, so your elected officials almost always vote along party lines. Once elected, you can count on them to do just that.

I'm glad we have a weaker party system (although some of you are total party line freaks) in that respect so our elected officials can vote their conscience, BUT it does make room for lobbyist money.

We should only elect monks and priests. They have taken the vow of poverty and could withstand pressure and bribes from lobby groups.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
We won't be able to change the lobbyists influence on our politicians until we start impeaching them for voting different than their constituencies want them to.

eliminate campaign spending to a determined amount of money for each candidate.

make ear marks illegal.

force our elected officials to deal with one item per bill like they were supposed to.

and threaten them all with exile to the UK if they fuck up.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(04-30-2011, 04:06 PM)IMaDick Wrote: and threaten them all with exile to the UK if they fuck up.

Yeah they would find the lack of kickbacks in British politics very disappointing.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-30-2011, 12:44 PM)Cracker Wrote: CBI and banking lobbies are very influential in your gov't. Your system is a stronger party system than ours, so your elected officials almost always vote along party lines. Once elected, you can count on them to do just that.

Ahhh, so we can add British politics to the list of things you know fuck all about but still have an opinion on?

hahTwat
Term limits would be good also. 8 yrs tops then, get out.
(05-01-2011, 06:58 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(04-30-2011, 12:44 PM)Cracker Wrote: CBI and banking lobbies are very influential in your gov't. Your system is a stronger party system than ours, so your elected officials almost always vote along party lines. Once elected, you can count on them to do just that.

Ahhh, so we can add British politics to the list of things you know fuck all about but still have an opinion on?

hahTwat

Are you fucking joking, Mr. Expert on Everything American?

Only YOU are the world expert? The Internet only works at your house, I guess. The rest of us are getting the watered down version.

I try to understand your psychology, it goes something like this: "I will accuse someone of being racist, or make a sweeping statement about some other country as if I am an expert, but then I will get so jealous of the the attention they get that I will have to do the EXACT SAME THING MYSELF EVERY FUCKING TIME!" Something like that, anyway. Can't quite get a handle on your fuckupedness.

In American terms, you are just a bitch. Bitches do that shit. Two-faced bitches. That's what you are ~ a two-faced bitch. Ask your sociology professor what you can do to hide that trait since you obviously are going to stick with it...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(05-01-2011, 06:56 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Yeah they would find the lack of kickbacks in British politics very disappointing.

Excuse me....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You stupid naive motherfucker...that was some funny shit you posted.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(05-01-2011, 11:08 AM)thekid65 Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 06:56 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Yeah they would find the lack of kickbacks in British politics very disappointing.

Excuse me....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You stupid naive motherfucker...that was some funny shit you posted.

Laugh it up retard as the lobbyists continue to sell your sorry ass down the river and carve your precious country up into bitesize chunks.

Is the same thing happening in the UK?, probably, but nowhere near the level its happening in yankee land, the banks and corporations have got you by the balls and the American empire is collapsing as we speak.

Yippee ki ya motherfucker!!!!!!!!

hahhahhahhahhahhah

(05-01-2011, 10:54 AM)Cracker Wrote: Are you fucking joking, Mr. Expert on Everything American?

Only YOU are the world expert? The Internet only works at your house, I guess. The rest of us are getting the watered down version.

You must have your retard filter switched off.

Otherwise you would know the CBI was New Labours bitch for 11 years.
(05-01-2011, 07:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: Term limits would be good also. 8 yrs tops then, get out.

I agree with term limits as well as a fast lane to the unemployment line if they are ever caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Term limits, abolishing of the 2 major political parties, a revamp of the constitution...there's probaly 20 more, or so.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

Don't fuck with the constitution.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-01-2011, 12:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yeah . . . Just so they have something to do for the rest of their lives . . . save this for Sotomayor and Kagan.
(05-01-2011, 12:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It needs to be fucked with..damned thing was written almost 225 years ago, based on things that were going on at the time. Times have changed, and our current laws need to reflect what's going on in today's society...not when we were still riding horses to get to work.