Poll: Is a gun a weapon or tool?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Weapon
72.73%
8 72.73%
Tool
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEAPON OR TOOL?

Is a gun a weapon or tool?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Clarify if you like, if you don't care to, don't. Vote it up, Mockers. Thanks! Smiley_emoticons_smile
It's a weapon.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gun
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I fucked up. I'm going to merge the threads. Jesus Christ.
It's a tool. designed to be used as a weapon.

every tool has a specific use IE: wrenches,hammers,screw drivers etc.

each a tool with a specific use, the gun is no different.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

If a gun is a tool then what is its original purpose?
(04-30-2011, 10:48 AM)IMaDick Wrote: It's a tool. designed to be used as a weapon.

No it is a weapon designed to be used as a weapon.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-30-2011, 10:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Killing as many native Indians and blacks as possible without having to reload.

hahSmiley_emoticons_razz

Going by strictly #1 definition, one would have to classify it as a weapon:

Weapon: 1. An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword.

Tool: 1. A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

However one could easily make the argument that one of the policeman's "tools of the trade" would be a gun. But in general everyday terminology, a gun is a weapon first and foremost. Think about it..if you were awoken by your S.O. in the middle of the night because she heard noises downstairs...would you be more likely to say:

"Honey I've got my weapon and I'll investigate"

Or

"Honey I've got my tool and I'll investigate".

Of course, if your S.O. woke you up and said "Honey, I'm horny"...then obviously #2 would be the appropriate response hah
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(04-30-2011, 10:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:

it was designed as a weapon. that is it's specific purpose, it is no different than any other tool that man has designed and used it was designed and built to be used for that specific purpose, it is a tool that is being used for what it was intended for.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

*face palm*
(04-30-2011, 11:03 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Going by strictly #1 definition, one would have to classify it as a weapon:

Weapon: 1. An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword.

Tool: 1. A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

However one could easily make the argument that one of the policeman's "tools of the trade" would be a gun. But in general everyday terminology, a gun is a weapon first and foremost. Think about it..if you were awoken by your S.O. in the middle of the night because she heard noises downstairs...would you be more likely to say:

"Honey I've got my weapon and I'll investigate"

Or

"Honey I've got my tool and I'll investigate".

Of course, if your S.O. woke you up and said "Honey, I'm horny"...then obviously #2 would be the appropriate response hah

actually you have missed the obvious, the gun is a tool designed to be used as a weapon.

would you take your lawn mower to dig a hole in your yard or would you take the tool designed for the job, a shovel?

If you think you need a weapon you take the tool designed to fit that situation, your gun.

John Adams

(04-30-2011, 11:04 AM)IMaDick Wrote: it was designed as a weapon. that is it's specific purpose, it is no different than any other weapon that man has designed and used it was designed and built to be used for that specific purpose, it is a weapon that is being used for what it was intended for.

Edited to reflect reality and truth.

(04-30-2011, 11:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: actually you have missed the obvious, the gun is a weapon designed to be used as a weapon.

would you take your lawn mower to dig a hole in your yard or would you take the tool designed for the job, a shovel?

If you think you need a weapon you take the weapon designed to fit that situation, your gun.

Also edited to reflect reality and truth.

(04-30-2011, 11:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: actually you have missed the obvious, the gun is a tool designed to be used as a weapon.

If you think you need a weapon you take the tool designed to fit that situation, your gun.

I see your literal point...which is why I clarified my post with the words "using general everyday terminology", and gave normal sentences to support my point.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(04-30-2011, 11:14 AM)thekid65 Wrote:
(04-30-2011, 11:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: actually you have missed the obvious, the gun is a tool designed to be used as a weapon.

I see your literal point...which is why I clarified my post with the words "using general everyday terminology", and gave normal sentences to support my point.

But you failed to point out that every tool is powered by a person designed to do work, the guns work is as a weapon.

it's a tool designed specifically to be used as a lethal weapon. but it does nothing unless a person picks it up and uses it to do the work it was designed to do.

it's a tool in it's basic function.

John Adams

(04-30-2011, 11:20 AM)IMaDick Wrote: it's a tool in it's basic function.

Its basic function is as a firearm, you dipshit. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Of course it is, Duchess, and the basic function of a hammer is for driving nails, and the basic function of a wrench is to loosen and tighten bolts, and the basic fuction of the gun is to fire bullets.

for some reason you people are having a hard time with the concept of the gun being a tool designed to be a weapon.

John Adams

Oh..My..God! hah

By the power invested in me, Duchess Of Mock, you are officially declared insane.
You could also describe a gun as a machine. it's a machine designed to shoot bullets.

John Adams