Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Florida Welfare Recipients be Drug Tested?
http://www.cbs12.com/articles/gov-473234...z1LZkAwJFC

It will never happen. It's not cost effective or it would have been done before now.

In the order of full disclosure, I didn't read the article, just the thread title.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Here is a summary.

Florida welfare drug testing bill goes to Gov. Scott

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A requirement for drug testing of welfare applicants is heading to Gov. Rick Scott who has made the legislation one of his top priorities.

The bill that received a final vote Thursday would require applicants to pay for the tests out of their own pockets but they would be reimbursed if they pass. The measure received final approval in the Senate on a 26-11 vote with all Republicans for it and all Democrats against it.

Republicans say it's only fair for welfare recipients to be tested because many taxpayers are screened at their place of employment.

Democrats cite a federal court ruling that struck down a drug screening program for welfare recipients in Michigan as a violation of privacy rights.

Go Republicans!

I LOVE that they will be required to pay out of their own pockets! It would be wonderful if that would happen in my state! I would fully support this.
Well that's great, but Florida now leads the country in prescription drug addiction topping all other illegal drugs. Crack and weed are out, all the welfare recipients are using their medicaid card to go to pain clinics and get multiple prescriptions for legal narcotics. There are more babies being born addicted to prescription pills than any other drug.
(05-06-2011, 05:58 PM)sally Wrote: . . . Florida now leads the country in prescription drug addiction topping all other illegal drugs. . . . all the welfare recipients are using their medicaid card to go to pain clinics and get multiple prescriptions for legal narcotics. There are more babies being born addicted to prescription pills then any other drug.

This just warms my entitlement heart.

Not only is the taxpayer paying for the delivery, but also for an infant guaranteed to be dependent on public assisted health care.

And the continued support of the mother.

Do you hear this, you rich "fortunate" selfish bastards! This is why you need to pay more.
That article doesn't give any indication about what they would do if they did test positive for illegal drugs. In theory, I'm not opposed to it but our street corners are already crowded with "homeless" people begging for dollars. Is it wrong that I really don't like seeing that? It's like graffiti or litter or something--can't be good for property values either.

What happened to the good old days when you could just ship the criminals off to an island? Huh?

Disclaimer: I'm not entirely heartless. I have sympathy for people who lose their jobs and everything else provided they're here legally, they're willing/trying to work and they aren't abusing substances or just milking the system. People who are mentally ill get some consideration too and I think they need help. The rest can pretty much fuck off.
Commando Cunt Queen
Fuck, don't get me started....nowadays pizza/take-out joints accept food stamps...pisses me right the fuck off. I'm 100% for drug-testing the folks that need assistance. It's not a big financial burden (I think a typical drug screen costs my company $30 or so..a cost that would surely drop if a large contract(s) was awarded by the Gov.) If you were to cut the benefits to these folks that couldnt give up bad habits while on the taxpayer dime, it would pay for the drug testing cost 100 fold. I would also extend the drug testing requirement to those that receive housing assistance.

On top of fucking-that...I would include in the test alcohol, and nicotine...if you're on my fucking tax-payer dime..you best not be smoking/chewing/drinking.

Anybody that receives taxpayer assistance in order to house/feed themselves best be able to prove that they arent spending our dollars on frivolities, or addiction.

Simple as that.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Here are the specifics of the law. Not sure it goes the right direction.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/06/22...ds-to.html

You all are so niave hah Kid where do you live? I know that in Ohio, you cant use a EBT card for any hot pre-cooked food. I think they should go ahead & drug test people on welfare if it makes everyone feel better. One thing that I wish people understoood is that recieving public assistance much of the time leaves people stuck in a very bad situation that I know they would rather not be in.
(05-07-2011, 12:07 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote: You all are so niave hah One thing that I wish people understoood is that recieving public assistance much of the time leaves people stuck in a very bad situation that I know they would rather not be in.

I have a hard time accepting criticism from someone that calls me niave instead of naive. And from someone who doesn't understand that recieving (i before e, except after c) is actually spelled receiving. And that the word understood doesn't contain 3 o's. Not to mention ending your misspelled diatrabe in a preposition.

Please try again when you have a 5th grader's grasp of English/spelling.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-07-2011, 12:31 AM)username Wrote:
(05-07-2011, 12:07 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote: You all are so niave hah One thing that I wish people understoood is that recieving public assistance much of the time leaves people stuck in a very bad situation that I know they would rather not be in.

I have a hard time accepting criticism from someone that calls me niave instead of naive. And from someone who doesn't understand that recieving (i before e, except after c) is actually spelled receiving. And that the word understood doesn't contain 3 o's. Not to mention ending your misspelled diatrabe in a preposition.

Please try again when you have a 5th grader's grasp of English/spelling.

hah Hilarious.... is that spelled right? Do you get the general meaning or do you not want to hear a difference of opinion because there was an e before an i therefore making it impossible for you to comprehend? LOL
(05-07-2011, 12:07 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote: You all are so naive hah

I don't think it is n(ai)ve so much as it is just intentional ignorance. Times have changed. Rec(ei)ving benefits is not all that it used to be, not by a long shot.

In California, a single mom with one child gets about $300/mo cash and $380/mo food. And if you get pregnant and have another kid, then you suck because nothing changes. Your cash aid does not increase with the size of the family. No way can any one in California survive for long on welfare. That is a thing of the past.

But whatever, if it makes one feel superior to put down the less fortunate, then it ain't no skin off of my back.
I just see it for what it is, ignorance. Using the word n(ai)ve is too kind.

(05-07-2011, 02:39 AM)Adub Wrote: I don't think it is n(ai)ve so much as it is just intentional ignorance. Times have changed. Rec(ei)ving benefits is not all that it used to be, not by a long shot.

In California, a single mom with one child gets about $300/mo cash and $380/mo food. And if you get pregnant and have another kid, then you suck because nothing changes. Your cash aid does not increase with the size of the family. No way can any one in California survive for long on welfare. That is a thing of the past.

But whatever, if it makes one feel superior to put down the less fortunate, then it ain't no skin off of my back.

Please don't spoil some mock members obsessive need to critique and blame the most vulnerable people in society with the truth. Makes you wonder why people bother with benefits when begging is apparently so lucrative in America?

All this while the corporate fatcats are screwing the taxpayer all over the world up the ass with tax evasion/avoidance that costs way more than any benefits. Barclays bank in the UK recently used tax loopholes to avoid paying 6 billion pounds in tax, SIX BILLION and that's just one company. All this of course while announcing humungous record breaking profits, but it seems yanks have a blind spot when it comes to recognising how the world of business is royally screwing them every fucking day.

It's animal instinct to prey on the week and vulnerable, and some people here are worse than animals. Wolf packs care for and look after their weak and infirm some humans make wolves look positively humane.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-07-2011, 12:31 AM)username Wrote: diatrabe

Oh dear.

And you had been doing so well up until this point.

Shame.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Not everyone has the talent to beg, it's part of their lazy bastard character.

Some people on welfare are down on their luck & need a little assistance, others are uneducated, lazy motherfuckers with no drive/ambition, those are the ones that I don't care if they starve or have to live under a bridge. Fuck 'em.
I also admire the "work ethic" and "talent" of beggars.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Begging! the new vocation sweeping the nation!
(05-07-2011, 02:39 AM)Adub Wrote: But whatever, if it makes one feel superior to put down the less fortunate, then it ain't no skin off of my back.

Bullshit. If you're healthy and willing to work then you don't need welfare to make it, that's a fact. I know because I did it and so do plenty of other people that aren't fucking losers.

(05-07-2011, 08:55 AM)sally Wrote: If you're healthy and willing to work then you don't need welfare to make it, that's a fact.

[Image: k_highfive-1.gif]

(05-07-2011, 08:55 AM)sally Wrote: Bullshit. If you're healthy and willing to work then you don't need welfare to make it, that's a fact. I know because I did it and so do plenty of other people that aren't fucking losers.

You (anybody) could end up on the streets tommorrow through no fault of your own, would that make you a fucking loser?