Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helping friend get sober
At what point do you give up on helping a friend get sober
When they post shit in the wrong forum.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i moved it. i think i'll drink to that. Cheers

hah

just teasing you Concerned. Smiley_emoticons_wink

(05-18-2011, 09:54 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i moved it. i think i'll drink to that. Cheers

K. 'Cause I look like a heartless bitch now that this isn't in the Headquarters section.

Not that I mind being a heartless bitch. If my ex calls me "sweetheart" one more time, you may also have to add "felon."

concerned: Addicts are addicts. Stop enabling. YOU are part of the problem. If you don't like being around addicts, get the fuck away. (Found all this shit out the hard way.)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
If my ex calls me "sweetheart" one more time, you may also have to add "felon."

THAT made me laugh! hah
yes, you are not a heartless bitch, this was in HQ. yes you are a heartless bitch. Smiley_emoticons_fies Smiley_emoticons_biggrin good for you!

i don't think you can 'help' someone get sober except to be supportive of their efforts in that direction. the old saw is they have to WANT to. it's an old saw for a reason, mainly that it's true.
giving up depends on how they are affecting your life.
sometimes the best/hardest thing you can do is let go.

sheesh, what cliches.

(05-18-2011, 09:52 PM)Cracker Wrote: When they post shit in the wrong forum.

Mock. Your emotional tampon.
Commando Cunt Queen
At about 11am. After that it is perfectly alright to join him or her for a drink.
(05-18-2011, 09:52 PM)Cracker Wrote: When they post shit in the wrong forum.

is that why I am not on your buddy list?
(05-18-2011, 10:00 PM)Cracker Wrote: concerned: Addicts are addicts. Stop enabling. YOU are part of the problem. If you don't like being around addicts, get the fuck away.

True! I work in a field where there is alot of addiction. Cracker has summed it up very accurately.
You can't help anyone get sober, if you could then my dad wouldn't have overdosed on dilaudid at 47. Ironically he was introduced to shooting them up through his sponsor at AA 78.
Sally that's horrible. I am sorry for that.

Yes, it is horrible & it was a bit shocking to read that someone in that position would be such a rotten fuck.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I will bet all you really wanted was a pat on the back for being such a good friend.

Instead what you did was put some poor fuckers personal business out here in the forum if that friend finds out he/she will probably go on a binge.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Quitters. Bah! Open another bottle and let the lush flag fly!

Hahahaha!

Yeah!
(05-18-2011, 09:48 PM)concerned Wrote: At what point do you give up on helping a friend get sober

I'm wondering if we're reading this all wrong.

Did your friend give up on you?

Commando Cunt Queen
(05-19-2011, 09:10 PM)username Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 09:48 PM)concerned Wrote: At what point do you give up on helping a friend get sober

I'm wondering if we're reading this all wrong.

Did your friend give up on you?

Mom is that you? Smiley_emoticons_razz
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-19-2011, 08:33 AM)sally Wrote: You can't help anyone get sober, if you could then my dad wouldn't have overdosed on dilaudid at 47. Ironically he was introduced to shooting them up through his sponsor at AA 78.

My father started with dilaudid in his 40's to & moved on to heroin when he couldn't afford dilaudid anymore. It was 10 years of drinking to get off dope & dope to stop drinking. My heart goes out to you I know what it's like to live that roller coaster. My dad passed at 52.
What is dilaudid? pardon my ignorance and I just got home and am relaxing just tell me. have just logged onto mock.
(05-20-2011, 03:12 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: What is dilaudid?

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) belongs to a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers, also called opioids. It is similar to morphine.