Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sophie Parker Pedreros, missing CA. age 2 1/2
bizarre.

mother was found walking naked near Coffee Creek.

When Trinity County Deputies inquired with Pedreros status they discovered that she had either mental health issues or was under the influence of some type of narcotics. NO SHIT

The public's help is sought in locating a missing 2½-year-old girl from McKinleyville who may be in Trinity County.
The girl's name is Sophie Parker Pedreros, and she is described as a little over 3 feet tall with a light complexion and long, auburn hair.
At 9 a.m. today the Trinity County Sheriff's Department got a call from fire department personnel in Coffee Creek that a naked woman was seen walking southbound on Highway 3 above Coffee Creek, said Lynn Ward, information officer for the sheriff's department.
The woman matches the description of a female reported missing from Humboldt County at 6 a.m. this morning and reported to have her 2 ½-year-old daughter with her. But when the sheriff's department contacted the woman Sophie was not with her, Ward said.
A silver Kia sedan matching the description of the vehicle the woman drove was found in a campground north of Coffee Creek.
The mother does not speak English, and an interpreter just began speaking to her, Ward said at noon.
Sophie's mother took off in a vehicle with the child and a dog this morning, the CHP said.
The mother used a debit card in McKinleyville at 12:30 a.m. today. She was in Willow Creek around 6 a.m., and the dog was found in Willow Creek around that time, the CHP said.
Search and rescue personnel, the Trinity and Humboldt county sheriff's departments, the CHP along with a CHP helicopter are looking for Sophie from McKinleyville to Coffee Creek.
-----
Update: 2:30 p.m. Trinity County Sheriff’s Dept., using an interpreter, has interviewed the mother of the missing girl. The mother had no recollection of having the daughter with her or how she got to Trinity County. The sheriff’s department has called in search dogs from Redding to continue the search for the missing girl.

Anyone with information on the girl's whereabouts or who may have seen the mother driving the silver Kia between 6 and 9 a.m. on Highway 299 or 3 between Willow Creek and Coffee Creek is asked to call the Trinity County Sheriff's Department at (530) 623-2611.

FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-...0637710833

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Sophia_Pedreros____t607.JPG]

the whacko mother says she does not recall how she got where she was found naked, or where she left her daughter.

5 PM CA time

Trinity Journal:

Trinity County Sheriff's Dept. reports that the search for missing 2 ½-year-old Sophie Parker Pedreros continues this evening. CHP helicopters are searching from the air while search and rescue dogs are on the ground in an area of interest near Trinity Center. Humboldt County Sheriff’s officers are searching in the Willow Creek around an area where the mother was known to stop early this morning.

Anyone with information on the girl's whereabouts or who may have seen the mother driving the silver Kia between 6 and 9 a.m. on Highway 299 or 3 between Willow Creek and Coffee Creek is asked to call the Trinity County Sheriff's Department at (530) 623-2611.

SOPHIA PARKER
DOB: Sep 16, 2008
Missing: May 20, 2011
Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: White
Age Now: 2
Sex: Female
Weight: 35 lbs (16 kg)
Hair: Red
Missing From:
MCKINLEYVILLE
CA
United States
Sophia was last seen on May 20, 2011 at approximately 12:30 a.m.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

[Image: 230738_157044781027752_156880637710833_3...1686_n.jpg]

Here's a site with great photos from the area.

http://mckinleyvillepress.wordpress.com/...nleyville/

It really is the most beautiful part of CA that I have ever been.
I have a cousin living in the area. Praying for a good outcome for Sophia. May she be found safe.

Search and rescue personnel, the Trinity and Humboldt county sheriff's departments, the CHP along with a CHP helicopter are looking for Sophie from McKinleyville to Coffee Creek.

Just starting to get a handle on all the locations. Huge area. Very forested. I would say it is a 2+ hour drive from Mckinleyville to Weaverville (Coffee Creek Rd & Hwy 3). And the dog was found about half way between the two locations at six o'clock this morning. Looks like she must have driven out of McKinleyville on Hwy 299.
With the help of an interpreter, Trinity County detectives interviewed the woman this afternoon, Ward said.

“She has no recollection of having a daughter or how she got into Trinity County,” Ward said.

Family members in Humboldt County also were being interviewed, Hanson said.

Trinity County sheriff’s deputies were focusing their search on a 10-mile stretch of Highway 3 where it appeared that contents of Pedreros’ car were tossed out.

Ward described the items as “miscellaneous children’s toys.”

Pedreros wasn’t injured, but she did have some minor scratches from falling down, Hanson said.

The woman was last seen in Willow Creek at 6 a.m., Ward said.

Ward said the woman would have had to have driven east on Highway 299 and north on Highway 3 to end up in Coffee Creek.

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/may/20/...rinity-co/

Facebook set to private. She is from Chile.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/cpvera1

This is very likely Sophie's dad (also set to private).

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof...1138157710
the father on facebook:

Robert Parker
I am Sophia's father. First, I want to thank all of you so very much for your prayers for our Sophia. I know that they will help her get through this long night. I arrived in Weaverville this afternoon via a CHP flight and was at the SAR staging area until quite late this evening. SAR personnel will be continuing to search throughout ...the night. Law enforcement officials are planning to intensify the search at dawn on Saturday with more personnel arriving from several agencies and and FLIR infrared equipped aircraft. It's impossible to sleep so I am trying to get word to to friends and family. Please, no questions about details right now and no speculations. I just need all of you to continue your support with prayers and good thoughts for my baby Sophia. She is a very strong little girl and I have faith that she is hanging on somewhere out there tonight.

Robert Parker
In the interest of clearing up some erroneous information I've seen in several media reports and poster's comments on the internet:
- Sophia is 2 years and 8 months old (not 2). She has long curly and unruly auburn hair, blue eyes, is around 36" tall, and weighs 33 pounds. I will try to update the appropriate media and web sites.
- My w......ife Claudia speaks basic English, but her primary language is Spanish. She is from Chile.
- The Trinity County Sheriff's Dept. had a translator fluent in Spanish and English interviewing my wife throughout the day. They have been doing an excellent job in this very difficult situation and have my sincerest thanks.
- Search efforts have not been limited to a single area, but are spanning a wide area along the Hwy. 299 and 3 corridors in both Humboldt and Trinity Counties, as well as around McKinleyville/Arcata/Eureka. There are multiple agencies involved in this effort.

(05-21-2011, 11:12 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: the father on facebook:

Robert Parker
I am Sophia's father. First, I want to thank all of you so very much for your prayers for our Sophia. I know that they will help her get through this long night. I arrived in Weaverville this afternoon via a CHP flight and was at the SAR staging area until quite late this evening. SAR personnel will be continuing to search throughout ...the night. Law enforcement officials are planning to intensify the search at dawn on Saturday with more personnel arriving from several agencies and and FLIR infrared equipped aircraft. It's impossible to sleep so I am trying to get word to to friends and family. Please, no questions about details right now and no speculations. I just need all of you to continue your support with prayers and good thoughts for my baby Sophia. She is a very strong little girl and I have faith that she is hanging on somewhere out there tonight.

Robert Parker
In the interest of clearing up some erroneous information I've seen in several media reports and poster's comments on the internet:
- Sophia is 2 years and 8 months old (not 2). She has long curly and unruly auburn hair, blue eyes, is around 36" tall, and weighs 33 pounds. I will try to update the appropriate media and web sites.
- My w......ife Claudia speaks basic English, but her primary language is Spanish. She is from Chile.
- The Trinity County Sheriff's Dept. had a translator fluent in Spanish and English interviewing my wife throughout the day. They have been doing an excellent job in this very difficult situation and have my sincerest thanks.
- Search efforts have not been limited to a single area, but are spanning a wide area along the Hwy. 299 and 3 corridors in both Humboldt and Trinity Counties, as well as around McKinleyville/Arcata/Eureka. There are multiple agencies involved in this effort.

It breaks my heart when the fathers have to read shit about their missing kids on the internet. But this guy writes beautifully, I hope he cleared things up.

I also have a daughter, 2 years and 8 months old, blonde curls, blue eyes and nearly 33 pounds. To think of something like this happening to her would break my heart.

I truly believe the father is innocent of any wrongdoing here, and it's solely on the mother. But, she could have found out that he's been cheating, or SHE has, and now's she's snapped and done something to her baby. Unbelievable what people will do.
It's liberty cap mushroom season in Humboldt, I hope they find this little girl.

The area there is rugged, the mountains there are steep treacherous ground and the brushy under growth will not be easy to search.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

mother has been arrested on suspicion of felony child endangerment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's being reported that she was found dead in a river and the mother is being charged with her murder.
http://www.redding.com/news/2011/may/21/...-arrested/

A missing Humboldt County girl was found dead this afternoon in the Trinity River and her mother will be charged on suspicion of her daughter's murder, Trinity County Sheriff Bruce Haney said today.

Search and rescue personnel from the Trinity County sheriff's office found the young girl's body about 1:20 p.m. in the Trinity River north of Coffee Creek, officials said.......

i knew when they found her dog in the river, they'd find the poor child there too. so sorry little girl. RIP :(

I had that same feeling. As well when she was saying she didn't remember having a daughter i had the feeling it wasn't going to end well. I'd love to find out the reason why she did this but i doubt we will ever know why since she's not being helpful in any shape so far!