Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PARTY TIME
Often when I throw a party inviting only friends, I specify on the invitation, "Adults Only"...Today someone told me I was a shit for doing so...In all the time I have been doing this not a soul has made a negative comment about it...Would it offend you to receive an invitation like that ?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No - all my invitations are set for adults only. I have nothing here to entertain kids, two pit bulls that they can easily access should no one be watching them, a pool to drown in if they are not watched etc.

There are no toys, no other kids nothing to keep a kid busy and safe.

There's nothing worse than a bored kid whining there's nothing to do.

OH and nevermind unruly kids who'll be putting fingers into the food, sneezing into it, not covering mouths when coughing, wiping noses with the back of hand and then touching food, not washing after shitting.... it's endless.

You know there are more unruly kids and slacker parents than not.

Tell your friend to fuck off and don't invite them ever again on general principal for not respecting your wise and thought out decision because they are too cheap to hire a babysitter.
Hmmmmm......let's see......

Uh. No.

WTF is wrong with the stupid ass who said you are a shit for inviting adults only?

I suppose they take their kids to the bar when they go for a drink?

Maybe they drag the kids to the strip club too then?

I just GOTTA hear (from the kids) about the trip to the adult bookstore!

Idiots!!!!!!

There's family events and adults only events. Tell your whiney shit friend that.
[Image: alcatraz-prison-picture2-1.jpg]
[Image: what_manner.gif]
Not at all. There is nothing wrong with having an adult only party. I would rather be at a party that is adults only than one where the adults are smashed acting like idiots in front of their kids. Being smashed and acting like an idiot should only be done in the companty of adults. LOL
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Tell that person to fuck off. I have never heard of anybody complaining about an adult only invitation.

Now, if you forgot to mention it in the invite, and someone shows up with their kid and you say "get that filthy brat out of my house"......well then, that would be kinda rude.
FAHQTOO Wrote:Tell that person to fuck off. I have never heard of anybody complaining about an adult only invitation.

Now, if you forgot to mention it in the invite, and someone shows up with their kid and you say "get that filthy brat out of my house"......well then, that would be kinda rude.
But perfectly understandable.
Whenever someone tries to rock our boat of fun it is ALWAYS a chick that one of the guys is dickin' around with...I gave the invitation to him who then invited her, she took it upon herself to contact me asking if it would it be alright, just this one time, to bring her children...I have no intention of changing how I choose to entertain my guests...There will never be children welcome at any of my parties.
I wouldn't welcome her into my home after that remark.
I very much doubt she will be coming to my party...I don't care about her anyway, she's just another female that my friend is banging...And as we all know, chicks like that are a dime a dozen.
I don't think anything is wrong with it, even when it's not written on an invite I tend to ask if it's adult only or if children are welcome
Unless its a birthday party I would always assume it was adults only anyway.

If people can't find babysitters then tough shit, you want kids creeping around spoiling the vibe, why would a kid want to goto a party anyway?, they'd be bored shitless!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
While I really enjoy going to "family" parties...with kids and adults, I do not mind the adults only. Being as I have no kids of my own, it is nice to not have them always around.

What is the issue with the people who do not like it? Too cheap to spring for a sitter?
Quote:What is the issue with the people who do not like it? Too cheap to spring for a sitter?

Yes. And they're probablybrats that would come into your house and be touching everything and breaking shit, while their parents forget they are there....conveniently.

I've never had a problem disciplining other peoples kids if they don't do it themselves. I've lost a few acquaintances over it, which was my goal anyway.
They can bring the kids if they are already trussed and have an apple in their mouth....
Fug duh kund
When a kid my cousin baby sat me. All I know is that hangin with her was WAY more fun than any old grown up party.
QueenBee Wrote:WhenI wasa kid my cousin's baby sat onme. All I know is that hangin from a treewith her was WAY more fun than any old grown up sex toyparty.
I'm a bit bored.............25
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Duchess Wrote:Often when I throw a party inviting only friends, I specify on the invitation, "Adults Only"...Today someone told me I was a shit for doing so...In all the time I have been doing this not a soul has made a negative comment about it...Would it offend you to receive an invitation like that ?
I very rarely go places where I cannot take my son, he is very much integrated into my life (rather than structuring my life 'around' him) and I take with me most places, including jobs. Of course, because I have done this from the time he was born, he is well behaved, pretty quiet and I keep him right with me, with the exception of a few places I know very well (and even then I usually keep him within eyesight).

He is sometimes at 'adult' functions, but the people I know are pretty civilized (though most of them would be considered hippie types) and don't get noticeably drunk, they tend to police themselves about not smoking indoors and if they do anything 'illegal', they don't do it around me. They probably worry more about their language around my son than I do.

So, while I usually don't go to events where I cannot bring my son, I would not have been offended.