Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEFINE SPOILED

I'm not talking about fruit.

Is being spoiled a bad thing? Is it wrong to want what one wants when they want it? Why isn't it alright to have your cake & eat it too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
YOU! Awink
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Sure it's ok for a person to want what they want and have what they want, as long as they are the ones working for the money and spending their own money to get those things, spoiled is when they expect someone else to get those things for them and get pissed if they don't and then treat the other person like shit for days or weeks until they break down and finally get whatever it was for them.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

to me "spoiled" implies a person who thinks the world owes them a living, their parents owe them financial support until they die (and after), and that they are not subject to consequences for their behaviors. and their partner must meet all their greeds as well as their needs.

or maybe that's just a garden-variety sociopath.

spoiled could also apply to someone who spends their money on frivolous stuff rather than taking care of their responsibilities and obligations first. then expects someone else to "save" their ass.

(06-27-2011, 10:10 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: to me "spoiled" implies a person who thinks the world owes them a living, their parents owe them financial support until they die (and after), and that they are not subject to consequences for their behaviors. and their partner must meet all their greeds as well as their needs.

or maybe that's just a garden-variety sociopath.

spoiled could also apply to someone who spends their money on frivolous stuff rather than taking care of their responsibilities and obligations first. then expects someone else to "save" their ass.

hah I had to quote this in it's entirety!

You must have been behind me at T-Mobile, yesterday. Shamefully . . . I purchased a 4G smartphone. (Side note - I'm returning it today and bailing the data plan.)

Every effin' kid (13-20 years old) was whining to their folks on why they either needed a tablet, or at the very minimum, a $400 smart phone! Some of these "darlings" were quite nasty in both tone and attitude.

The shocking thing . . . ALL OF THEM had a data plan, but they were demanding top-of-the-line phones and bandwidth!

As a business person, I don't need all of that shit . . . and my enterprises are technology dependent. Let alone, streaming videos of cats acting funny, guys getting kicked in the balls, the nearest Starbuck's location and facebook drivel.

All smart phones are required to have a data plan. Unless one is buying one used you cannot get away with simply purchasing the phone. There are serious bargains to be had on smart phones, my Torch was $650.00 but I didn't pay that, hell no.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The phones might be smart but all the fools that fucking just can't live without one are the stupidest motherfuckers that were ever born by induced labor.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Yeah . . . I get data plans.

I'm going for voice and text ONLY. I really have no daily or immediate business need for a smart phone and a data plan. I'm not that important.

I guess the kids do and most of their parents agree. They must be doing important things, too.

I was just surprised with the demanding tone and attitude, the little fuckers were displaying in public, to get what they wanted.

And how easily some of the parents gave in to their demands and their "logic".

It reeked of spoiled.

Depends on who you ask. We are ALL spoiled. We ALL have a ton of crap we don't use and don't need. 15 million children die in the world every year from hunger (1 in 8 American children are hungry, we just don't let them actually starve to death, that sucks so bad). One quarter of the people in the world live off less than $1 a day (and you know the dollar isn't worth shit). Yeah, we're spoiled. You'd think we'd take every spare penny we have and try to save other people, but we don't.

Dick and LC had good definitions. Spoiled = greed + selfishness + blindness - gratitude

If you have a good and comfortable life and everybody in your life is happy, good for you. Who are we to judge? I spoil certain people so they feel cherished and loved. I think the gratitude part is underrated. If you get most of your heart's desires, and you are grateful, you were the right person to receive it. If you get what you want and you have no gratitude, you have nothing.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Paris Hilton!
Well, I was going to say my two but I got them cheap ass phones with no data plan. I pay $5/month for each of them to have 200 texts. When they reach that amount, the service cuts them off for the rest of the month.

Still my kids are kinda spoiled--they don't clean up after themselves well enough. I'm working on it. I told them this was going to be the summer of their discontent. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I agree with LC/Dick too.
Commando Cunt Queen