Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Raising the debt ceiling...
Republicans seemingly want to cut medi-care and social security, democrats want to let the Bush tax cuts expire (I HATE that the media refers to that as raising taxes) no, it's returning tax levels to where they were previously FFS.

So, what do YOU want?

I'm all in favor of cutting entitlement programs AND allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire (at least to some degree)... Some middle ground. Cut entitlements and maybe moderate the Bush tax cuts.

And then there's this:

On a 336-87 vote Friday, the Republican-controlled House overwhelmingly backed a $649 billion defense spending bill that boosts the Defense Department budget by $17 billion. This was reported in an article on MSNBC by Donna Cassata. This was a bipartisan vote that came at the same time that the White House and congressional negotiators are facing an Aug. 2 deadline to raise the nation’s debt limit so we do not default on payments authorized by Congress.

Republican leaders have slashed billions from the proposed budgets for other agencies, hitting food aid for low-income women, health research, energy efficiency, and much more. However, the military budget gets a double-digit increase beginning Oct. 1—the only agency to get one.

It’s the old guns or butter dilemma. Guns take priority over food for kids, Pell grants, and renewable energy, apparently.

Bill increases spending on wars that are supposed to be winding down

The bill provides $530 billion to the Pentagon and $119 billion to cover the costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It would buy various warships, aircraft and weapons, including jet engines and a C-17 cargo plane that the Pentagon did not request. This is good news for defense contractors who are big campaign contributors including Boeing. Apparently, hungry children and students don’t contribute enough to candidates.

http://www.examiner.com/economic-policy-...nding-cuts

WTH?

And all of you who say we shouldn't be in Afghanistan or Libya or Iraq, please STFU because obviously since we shouldn't be there in the first place, you wouldn't vote to increase defense spending for those operations...right?

I think we should have taken the recommendations of the bi-partisan deficit reduction panel but no, we're too partisan to actually swallow what a bi-partisan commission recommends. Grrr.
Commando Cunt Queen
Why should the government have to feed people's kids? Feed your own fucking kids or don't have any if you can't afford them. The government's job is to protect us.

Our priorities are fucked up. Take care of your own shit so the government (our tax dollars) don't have to feed your irresponsible, sorry ass.

If you can't/won't feed your own kids, they should be given to someone who can provide for them. Shit happens and people may have a tough time for a year or two, but having kids you can't afford from birth is just fucked up. Why does everyone think I should feed their kids for them? When did we get so fucking pathetic that people won't take care of their own? The government should have SS and that's it. States can run welfare by payroll deductions. If you never worked, no benefits. Fuck off and get a job.

Just the mindset involved pisses me off. Fucking generation of losers.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I don't think that the government needs a raise, they haven't performed to that level.

Tell me this user, why is our government talking about cutting things that benefit the people instead of shrinking their fucking scope?

You do know that there are other things that are nothing but fucking waste that our government is spending money on you do know that right?

Don't let those fuckers in washington scare you they don't need a raise, they need to spend a little wiser and a lot less.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Doesn't this all come down to defaulting on our {United States} loans? Pay the fucking money. Jesus Christ.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The simple truth is that they won't pay the debt down with a DEBT limit increase, they will just spend more.

The whole fucking thing is proposed as a way to spend more money we don't have. Thus the name, DEBT LIMIT INCREASE.

How fucking stupid can people be?

They don't need more money, they don't need tax hikes, they need to stop spending on new shit and a whole bunch of old shit.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(07-11-2011, 11:25 PM)username Wrote: Republicans seemingly want to cut medi-care and social security, democrats want to let the Bush tax cuts expire (I HATE that the media refers to that as raising taxes) no, it's returning tax levels to where they were previously FFS.

So what? Cut 'em. Why not?

"But Tiki . . . they paid into the system and they deserve to get what they paid into! And don't forget, they were promised this. You're mean!"

Bummer for them. Foreclosures and poor health happens. Let them move in with family or live on the streets. Isn't that what the stimulus money was for? Street improvement? Let them think of it as a home makeover.

Or let them get the ACLU to file suit against Feds. C'mon . . . they'll fight for illegals and NAMBLA. Why not the geezers?

BTW - If the tax rates are returning to where they were, and this 'where they were' is greater than the current rate, it IS an increase.
(07-12-2011, 10:28 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 11:25 PM)username Wrote: Republicans seemingly want to cut medi-care and social security, democrats want to let the Bush tax cuts expire (I HATE that the media refers to that as raising taxes) no, it's returning tax levels to where they were previously FFS.

"But Tiki . . . they paid into the system and they deserve to get what they paid into! And don't forget, they were promised this. You're mean!"

Bummer for them. Foreclosures and poor health happens. Let them move in with family or live on the streets. Isn't that what the stimulus money was for? Street improvement? Let them think of it as a home makeover.

Or let them get the ACLU to file suit against Feds. C'mon . . . they'll fight for illegals and NAMBLA. Why not the geezers?

BTW - If the tax rates are returning to where they were, and this 'where they were' is greater than the current rate, it IS an increase.

Careful what you say, if you're lucky enough, one day you too may just may become a geezer. And your outlook may very well change.

For over "45" years I've paid into the SS system, and yes, I'm entitled to get "my" own money back that the Govt so graciously held for me all those years in their bank account, with them getting the compounded interest on it!

For starters one solution is to get rid of the millions of illegal's on SS who never paid a cent into the system but are still collecting the entitlement!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(07-12-2011, 11:39 AM)Carsman Wrote: the millions of illegal's on SS who never paid a cent into the system but are still collecting the entitlement!

How is this allowed to happen? Huh? Oh my God, one day this kind of shit will truly make my fuckin' head explode. Ugh.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-12-2011, 12:50 AM)Cracker Wrote: Why should the government have to feed people's kids? Feed your own fucking kids or don't have any if you can't afford them. The government's job is to protect us.

Should I take this to mean you back cutting medicare and s.s.?
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-12-2011, 02:02 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Tell me this user, why is our government talking about cutting things that benefit the people instead of shrinking their fucking scope?

You do know that there are other things that are nothing but fucking waste that our government is spending money on you do know that right?

I actually agree but that seemingly isn't on the table. The sticking points seem to be medicare/ss cuts on one side and letting the Bush tax cuts expire on the other.
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-12-2011, 10:28 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:

You're mean!!!

Finally, a straight answer. I'd LIKE a compromise but I don't have a problem with cuts to medicare and s.s. largely because my husband and I won't have to rely on those (we have other retirement savings).
Commando Cunt Queen
You better not count on your retirement savings, if this president gets his way the dollar will be worthless, keep in mind he wants the US to part of the western union just like the eastern block countries.

Next time we have this discussion I hope you can drop the party line bullshit, because it doesn't matter what party you are you will be bent over directly in front of me"sorry that's another topic" but it is still applicable to this conversation.

People will at some point decide to get rid of our entire government and start over.

The simple words below have never been closer to a modern recurrance of history.

from time to time it is necessary to water the tree of freedom with the blood of tyrants and patriots.
Thomas Jefferson

and then there is this also authored by the same person

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

Try and keep this in perspective, username you will find out that the only thing we have left is resistance, because we have no representation from our elected officials.
John Adams

(07-12-2011, 11:39 AM)Carsman Wrote: Careful what you say, if you're lucky enough, one day you too may just may become a geezer. And your outlook may very well change.

For over "45" years I've paid into the SS system, and yes, I'm entitled to get "my" own money back that the Govt so graciously held for me all those years in their bank account, with them getting the compounded interest on it!

I'm paying into a system that will be bankrupt before I (if I'm fortunate to survive) am entitiled to collect. Should I be be able to demand my money now?

" . . . I've paid into the SS system . . . " And entitlements for those who haven't contributed dime one . . . why are they entitled to jack-shit? Cut all of those programs and pay out SS and Medicare. You know . . . the contributed programs? Where is the confusion? If you pay then you receive.

"But Tiki . . . we have a moral obligation to take care of those who are less fortunate. You're just a heartless bitch who is lucky enough NOT to be suffering. Walk a mile in their shoes and see how it feels!"

We . . . as human beings have an obligation to our fellows, NOT the government. If you want to help your fellows, then you dig into your own pockets or give of your time and resources. Let the private sector fill the gap. If they don't, then don't support their industry, goods, services or other offerings.

Start an NPC to help the less fortunate. I did.

Provide a good or service for sale to fund the NPC. I did.

Target a "less fortunate" group and hire them. I did.

Pay them a decent wage and provide training. I did.

Do something or shut the fuck up. I do and I won't.
Hahahahaha! Off all the bills and obligations of the Fed, Obama uses this one to fear monger his agenda!

July 12, 2011 12:30 PM

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-2...03544.html

Like all the bucks we "give" for foreign aid can't be put on hold to pay for our seniors. He chooses foreign interests, Wall Street and auto manufacturers above the seniors who paid into the system.

What a douchebag to scare seniors to get his way.

So . . . who is REALLY cutting SS? Hahahaha!

Fucking extortionist bully.
They do not need to "borrow" money for s.s. there is money constantly coming in for that, he is a fucking idiot. Does he think he is still talking to his voter base?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's Obamas fault!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-12-2011, 01:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: It's Obamas fault!

. . . that his parents divorced!
(07-12-2011, 01:55 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Hahahahaha! Off all the bills and obligations of the Fed, Obama uses this one to fear monger his agenda!

July 12, 2011 12:30 PM

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3
What a douchebag to scare seniors to get his way.

So . . . who is REALLY cutting SS? Hahahaha!

Fucking extortionist bully.

He's absolutely fear mongering (and it will probably work). The geezers are probably writing their members of congress as I type.

And the Republicans don't want to blink on taxes. Stalemate.

I'm afraid we'll end up with some piece of shit legislation that doesn't do near enough to address the debt/deficit.
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-12-2011, 11:54 AM)username Wrote: Should I take this to mean you back cutting medicare and s.s.?

Nope. You're the asshole by yourself today. I said this:

(07-12-2011, 12:50 AM)Cracker Wrote: The government should have SS and that's it. States can run welfare by payroll deductions. If you never worked, no benefits. Fuck off and get a job.

You want to take away the money we've paid into all these years (I've been working 30 years, will have to do at least 10-15 more) and give it to welfare? Or they just keep it? Not sure why you think money earmarked for SS shouldn't go to retirees. Just because the government has spent what I paid in doesn't mean they don't owe that back. I would take a check to invest myself, but they can't renege on the deal.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(07-12-2011, 11:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-12-2011, 11:39 AM)Carsman Wrote: the millions of illegal's on SS who never paid a cent into the system but are still collecting the entitlement!

How is this allowed to happen? Huh? Oh my God, one day this kind of shit will truly make my fuckin' head explode. Ugh.

Guess it was not wise to say "for starters", it's well known you all know that fact! Smiley_emoticons_slash
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!