Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editors fucked up a great movie
Gotta love the PC clusterfuck of this country we're living in nowadays.

Mississippi Burning....great fucking movie, one of my favorites, and I'll watch it whenever I happen to see it's on, which was the case last night. I honestly can't remember what movie channel (reelz, AMC..something like that, it wasnt a pay channel) it was, but I was simply amazed at the censorship.

Throughout the entire movie, they didnt censor the words "shit", "Godamnit" or other words that would be consider offensive to younger viewers (they did cut the F-bombs).

What word did they censor continuously throughout the entire movie? What word is key to that movie to demonstrate the blatant racism that occurred in the South during the early 1960's?

Yeah, the word "nigger". That word is used more often than almost any other so called "offensive" word during the movie...and is key to the story line. But yet, every time the word was used, it was cut. Completely ruined the movie watching an actor talk, and seeing the obvious cutting out of the word. Not even a voice-over with a less offensive word, as they'll do in other movies...just an actors lips moving with nothing coming out.

So, why did they (the editors) do this? Somebody please explain the logic to me. It's OK for our kids to hear the cuss words on TV, but not "nigger"? The whole point of this movie was to demonstrate how bad things were for the black folk. They had no problem showing a black man being beaten, and strung up over a tree branch....no problem describing how a black man had his nutsack cut off by KKK members...no problem showing multiple black men, and black children being beaten within an inch of their lives by clan members....but yet, they edit out the word nigger, throughout the entire flick.

It was like watching Scarface w/o F-bombs. Albeit the F-bombs arent as much of a key to the plot in Scarface, as the "N-word" is key to Mississippi Burning.

Whodafuck were the editors of this movie trying not to offend? The whole damned movie is offensive when one really sees how the black folk were treated back then.

I dunno what I'm getting at here...other that I'm pissed off that my movie was ruined, and I'm pissed off at this fucking PC shit that's gotten out of hand.

Rant complete, thank you for your time.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

They do it with music too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
the movie was bowdlerized .

nothing new.

Thomas Bowdler, in 1818 published a censored version of Shakespeare, 22
expurgating "those words and expressions... which cannot with propriety be read aloud in a family."

I hear ya ladies...where my main confusion is, they let the words like shit, and Godamnit, flow freely throughout the whole movie...but the word nigger was cut. THAT's what I don't understand. And perhaps it wouldnt have been so bad, if that particular word really wasnt a key to this movie, and a true representation of how it was...
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

In today's society nigger is looked upon as being as bad as fuck.
And, I guess that's what pisses me off. This PC world we live in. Honestly, I'd rather have my child be informed as to how the black man was really treated back then, and the terminology used to describe the black folk..as opposed to hearing cuss words.

I don't agree with all the PC bullshit either. I can handle the truth.
Which ever channel censored that film doesn't understand the importance of the context in which a word is used.

I'm not surprised uneducated kid likes that movie so much, it probably reminds him of the good old days.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Nothing to do with the movie, but I remember back in the 80's and early 90's they used to censor the word 'joint' in any song that played on the radio.

I remember a Tom Petty song that would go:
'let's get to the point and smoke another BEEP"-totally messed up the song.

Now, songs can talk about rape, torture, mutilation and murder-and nobody thinks twice about it-think 2PAC's serial killer (which came out in the late 90's). It seemed to set the stage for every rapper to sing about killing.

On another note, I was told by one of my nephews that it's OK for a black person to call another black person a nigger, but a what guy would get the shit beat out of him, if he in turn, said ya, what up, nigger?

I don't understand why they would be ok with calling each other nigger, but not ok if one of their white friends did the same thing?
But 2 white guys can call each other nigga in front of a black guy right? Who gives a rats ass. Thin skinned fuckers. it's not like you can get arrested for it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
You New Englanders couldn't say 'Nigger' if your life depended on it.

"Lobstah"

"Petah"

"Numbah"

Think how you would pronounce "Data" and use the same principle when saying 'nigger'.

I just might have saved your life!
(08-17-2011, 01:30 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: You New Englanders couldn't say 'Nigger' if your life depended on it.

Yup, when we were stationed at Fort Benning in GA, all I had to do was say "Hi, How are you?" and people would start calling me a yankee.
Mississippi Burning is a great flick. Seen it probably 10 times and still can't change the channel when I happen upon it. Same with Pulp Fiction. It was playing on a standard cable station a few months back and the editors, IIRC, dubbed the word "nigger" with "no good" in Sam Jackson's dialogues and "nerd" in Ving Rhames's. Not as critical to the story line as in Mississippi Burning, but really ignorant editing. Comedic actually, in an absurd way.
(08-14-2011, 10:04 AM)thekid65 Wrote: I hear ya ladies...where my main confusion is, they let the words like shit, and Godamnit, flow freely throughout the whole movie...but the word nigger was cut. THAT's what I don't understand.

I'm not saying I am for this particular editing of the movie, but I'll explain it to you since you said you didn't understand:

Indicating excrement, or calling for a possible invisible space-voyeur to damn something, is generally not as inherently bad as playing off the slavery and abuse history of real people with a derogatory term. It's that's simple, I think.
86 112
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Hiya ... yeah, I've seen that bit. Good stuff!
86 112
Honestly, black folks should hate the Dutch and British for the slaving. Americans didn't go get their own slaves. They bought them off the ship. Why do we get all the shit about it?

And really, the Africans rounded up other Africans and turned them in to the Dutch and British for money. They even sold their own family members sometimes. You never hear black people bitch about their own people putting them on ships. I have NEVER heard a black person admit to that.

Did you know slaving in America didn't really start until the 1680's? Africans that came over before that were indentured servants like the poor Englishmen. You never hear that, though, because then nobody would have anything to bitch about. You never hear me bitch about having an indentured servant in the family.

It's really time for black people to shut the fuck up about it. We have a black president. Shut the fuck up already. What a waste of a black president. Nothing makes some of the whineass fuckers happy. We feed most them, clothe them, house them, and let them rob gas stations and fast food joints. What the fuck else do they want?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Let's give Florida, New Mexico, and Arizona to the Mexicans and Cubans. Give Mississippi, Georgia, and Michigan to the black folks. Give California and New York to the liberals. Give New Hampshire and Wyoming to the militia folks. Mormons can have Utah. Native peoples can have Colorado (that's a nice state, they deserve it). Puerto Ricans have Puerto Rico already, but they can New Jersey, I guess. Retards can keep Ohio. White trash can have West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas.

If you work and pay your taxes and don't steal shit, you can live anywhere else and not have to listen to people bitch all the fucking time about every fucking thing. Unappreciative mutherfuckers. Let them have their own states to trash. Then I can leave my car doors unlocked at night like I used to.
I know this has nothing to do with fucked up movie editing, but I think your segregation plan needs more work Cracker. Skin color, ethnicity and origin are solids. "Liberal" is subjective.

According to your proposal, white conservatives in California and New York need to move or adopt a liberal lifestyle, philosophy, political affiliation?

A white trash man and his black wife either need to live in different states or consider themselves liberals and move to New York or California? Where do their mixed children live? Does a liberal Native American residing in Nevada get shipped off to Colorado or is he New York bound?

Why not divide up the states by evolutionists vs. creationists? I'd like to request that California be designated as an evolutionist state, if possible. I hate moving.
Bottom line, shame on all those White Christians.
86 112