Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Jori Lirette-decapitated by father
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44147314/ns/...klQQEcb1lU

A Louisiana man is accused of decapitating and dismembering his disabled 7-year-old son and leaving the boy's head near the street so the child's mother would see it — a killing that brought seasoned police officers to tears, authorities said Monday.

Jeremiah Lee Wright, 30, of Thibodaux has confessed to killing Jori Lirette, Police Chief Scott Silverii said. He said Wright was booked with first-degree murder and was held Monday in lieu of $5 million bond.

Silverii's spokesman, Detective Ricky Ross, said he does not believe Wright has an attorney.

Silverii said the motive was unclear, though Wright told police "that he'd gotten to the point where he was tired of taking care" of the boy, who had cerebral palsy and heart problems, needed a feeding tube and was in a wheelchair.

"He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by," Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was "just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head."

The police chief said Jori's feet and one hand also were cut off, recovered with the body in several white plastic garbage bags.

Is it me or has the world gone crazy? It seems there are more child killings now than ever before.

Oh God
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It seems that all we read about is children dying horrible deaths,what is going on in this world?
there are no words. RIP little boy. :(

[Image: 20110814-07.jpg]

[Image: child-killed-2jpg-d7071766e4fa4d34.jpg]

[Image: 467-1bTvUY.Em.55.jpg]

[Image: LATHI201_1053435e.jpg]

[Image: 20110814-03.jpg]

Such a sad, sad story. RIP little Jori.

Louisiana should introduce a decapitation as a death penalty to deal with this monster.
Jesus Christ!!! I read this earlier! WTF is wrong with people???
video report here:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/play...0509387001

mother Jesslyn & son

[Image: lirettejesslyn.jpg]

AP
"He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by," Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was "just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head."

The police chief said Jori's feet and one hand also were cut off, recovered with the body in several white plastic garbage bags.

Police had been called to the house last month when the couple had an argument - possibly about money - though neither person brought charges, Ross said. The police chief said Wright had been arrested a few times previously, though he was never charged with violent crimes. Wright served 10 days for theft in 2005.

Silverii said friends had taken the child's mother, Jesslyn Lirette, 27, to try to fix her broken-down car on Sunday. Lirette - who lived with Wright but was not married to him - returned to a home blocked with police tape.

When she identified herself, Silverii had Ross, who had been her minister for 12 years and remains a lay pastor, and a captain tell her what had happened to her son, a second-grade student at South Thibodaux Elementary School.

"These are experienced men. They came out of there in tears. Just absolutely in tears," Silverii said.

Grief counselors from the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office also spent time with her, he said.

The slaying was the first since 2008 in Thibodeaux, which is about a 60-mile drive west of New Orleans.

Silverii said the boy apparently was decapitated over the kitchen sink, which was sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab along with a box of tools found nearby. An autopsy taking place Monday in Jefferson Parish would identify when the child died and what was used to decapitate and dismember the boy, Silverii said.

Oh my God. I have no words...
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
This has me sick. That poor little boy and his mother. I will never understand how someone can do such an awful thing. I hope he rots.
WWLTV

The "devil" came to Thibodaux Sunday, Jesslyn Lirette said, and he did so in the form of the man she was with for 10 years. The devil, she said, took her "angel" away.
Jeremiah Wright, 30, the father of the child, 7-year-old Jori Lirette, is accused of killing the boy and dumping his dismembered body outside the West Seventh Street home the three shared.

Jori loved his father more than anything, Lirette said.

"He still killed him," she said. "He killed my baby."

A passing motorist alerted police after spotting the boy's head at the curbside. His body was found in a white trash bag nearby.

Jeremiah Wright, booked on a charge of first-degree murder, is accused of decapitating his son in the kitchen sink with a meat cleaver.

Wright is in the Lafourche Parish jail in lieu of a $5 million bond. If convicted, he faces mandatory life in prison and is eligible for the death penalty.

Police said Sunday they could not determine a motive for the killing, but family and friends said tension had been rising between Wright and Jesslyn Lirette for years. Jesslyn Lirette said she had an argument with Wright Saturday night, and those close to her said they had encouraged her to leave him.

"They had been on this rocky road," said Jesslyn's friend Samantha Scioneaux. "I told her ‘You have to end this before he kills you.' "

And while Wright acted as one of the boy's caretakers, Jesslyn said she had planned on ending the relationship for some time.

"I didn't get out fast enough," Jesslyn said.

Friends and family of Lirette and Wright said Wright was mentally unstable and had told people he was "hearing voices." Those problems may have gone untreated, those close to the family said.

Wright's friend Mark Chatagnier said problems in Wright and Lirette's relationship were exacerbated by Jesslyn's unwillingness to help to care for Jori, who had cerebral palsy and was confined to a wheelchair. Wright was unemployed, Chatagnier said, and was often left home alone with Jori, even when Jesslyn was not working.

"She would take off and totally expect Jerry to do everything," Chatagnier said.

Jesslyn denies those claims, saying she was the sole breadwinner in the family, working as a caretaker for a disabled person, and was still present to care for her son. She also said cries for help, such as a visit from Thibodaux Police last month over a domestic dispute, went unheard and unresolved.

Sunday morning, Jesslyn said she took her pickup to get repaired so she could take her son to the ear doctor Tuesday in New Orleans. Before leaving, she said, she gave her son a kiss.

"That's my routine every morning," Jesslyn said, adding that she now regrets not taking her son with her.

When Jori was born, doctors didn't offer a lot of hope that he would live. The 14-ounce baby arrived three months early and stayed at Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans for a year.

Doctors "told her to just pull the plug, and she would always say ‘No, that's my baby,' " said Jesslyn's friend, Teri Molaison.

Jesslyn Lirette said when her son was in the hospital, she and her mother would make the hour-long drive daily, sometimes just to see her baby for 15 minutes. For most of Jori's life, he was confined to a wheelchair. His motor function was limited, and forming words was especially difficult. At 7 years old, he was no more than 50 pounds, Jesslyn said.

Family members said he became good at getting people's attention, though, sometimes pulling on someone's arm or banging on a cabinet.

Jori's mother said the boy had been improving over the past two years. Doctor visits were spaced farther apart, and he was able to form words and communicate. His first words were said only in the past of couple years, Jesslyn said. Jori was looking at picture on his aunt's laptop and suddenly uttered "Look." Other words, such as "root beer," followed.

Despite the challenges, Jesslyn said she never felt her son was handicapped.

"I never struggled with my son," Jesslyn said. "He was happy. Everything I could do, I did."

Late Sunday night, Jesslyn's family was gathered at the Thibodaux home of Jesslyn's mother, Delene Himel. Photo albums were taken out, a few retrieved from Jesslyn's home. One photo shows Jori wearing a set of angel wings.

Even at 7 years old, family members described Jori, fondly, as a smart-aleck. He was the one who would make smooching noises and would laugh when somebody was injured on television. He was fed via a tube but still loved cherry lollipops, ice cream and chocolate-chip cookies.

His mental capacity was limited, but Jori always showed affection toward his family and classmates.

"Everybody loved him," Himel said.

West Seventh Street in Thibodaux was dark Sunday night, except for a flickering light coming from a candle placed near the front steps. A stuffed alligator was next to the candle.

Jesslyn said she doesn't know who put the items there but is touched by their presence.

For now, Jesslyn said she is not allowed to go back into her home, though she can't imagine herself living there. Wright was the man she considered marrying at one point, but now she can't fathom starting another family.

Jori, she said, was "her insight, her spirit."

"My child is gone, and I cannot replace him," Jesslyn said. "He didn't deserve to die."

(08-15-2011, 02:19 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Friends and family of Lirette and Wright said Wright was mentally unstable and had told people he was "hearing voices." Those problems may have gone untreated, those close to the family said.

Well there's his defense case. I hope he doesn't get away with this..
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it does!

Heart wrenching.

This one has made me sick to my stomach.

Another Precious Angel~RIP Jori
my god. it's so scary to think what parents are capable of doing to their own fucking children. I can't even find any other words to say..
Poor little Jori.

The father did it. The father admitted doing it. The father should just be decapitated now.
(08-15-2011, 05:34 PM)WooFrigginHoo Wrote: The father did it. The father admitted doing it. The father should just be decapitated now.

This is why I have a problem with folks against the death penalty.

"God is the only one to judge!" they say.

To me, the death penalty is just expediting the appointment to meet the Him (or Her).

I honestly thought nothing could shock me anymore...I will lose sleep over this tonight.
I'm so sick of people hurting and killing innocent kids and people and then saying....oh, I hear voices....or i have mental issues and then getting off due to insanity....that is bullshit! If you harm or kill a child then it should be the death penalty...end of story.
[Image: article-2026318-0D71EC7400000578-674_468x464.jpg]

He put the head on the side of the road, so when the mother saw it... she'd feel stupid? I'm absolutely positive that no mother would feel stupid! If anyone ever hurt one of my children, I would plain out fucking kill them and make them suffer in unimaginable ways. This guy is beyond crazy!!!!

RIP sweet baby boy <3
This is an excellent case for bringing back public stoning. Why does this man have the right to be protected (with the bullet proof vest), when he admits to killing a child?