Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPad!

Does anyone reading this have an iPad or something similar? Please share the good, the bad & the ugly of owning one.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I want one. Bad!!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(08-18-2011, 08:00 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I want one. Bad!!

*sigh* Me too. I'm trying to justify it in my mind because I don't need one, I simply want one. I have my desktop, laptop & BlackBerry. See my dilemma?

Oprah is that you?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

You only need an Ipad once a month so maybe you could rent one.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm holding off to purchase a tablet.

For me, USB ports are a must.

And Flash.

Maybe Apple will incorporate these in future offerings. If not . . . Hello, competitors product!
I have one, and I am addicted to the thing. If you like to read, you can put all your books on there. I have no "need" for one, it's just nice to have. The internet speeds are usually faster than on my laptop, and the apps are great. I find myself neglecting my computer until I have to hook it up to transfer something onto the ipad. Downside is no flash, or removable storage. The battery lasts about 10 hours if you are using it a lot, a few days on standby. The screen is amazing, very big and super bright even in the sun. I like that I can have movies, email, internet, music, books and everything else right there. It is thin, light, and fits in my purse so I can take it anywhere.
I've got a desktop and two laptops so an ipad is not exactly top of my shopping list.

It would be a nice thing to have and I have played around on them and they seem pretty cool, sticking with the laptops for now though.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ditto Gimpgrl163. Go for it Duchess! Love my iPad. Never use my laptop anymore.  Buy the wifi/3G so you can use it anywhere. I have an app that allows me to access my desktop remotely and just downloaded one that prints. I find myself using my iPad instead of my iPhone a lot so I like having both. Hope this helps..
(08-20-2011, 11:26 AM)Turquoise Wrote: Hope this helps..

Yeah, it helps, I'm diggin' all the encouragement.

I haven't purchased hardly anything this year. Cracker spoke to us all at Christmas & we talked about all the stuff everyone has that they don't really need, I'm surprised at how mindful I have been about that all year long.

I want that fuckin' iPad.