Did you eat school lunch?
I did. I wish I had some of that government cheese.

School lunches in America:
[Image: food_16.jpg]

[Image: food_29.jpg]

[Image: food_30.jpg]

Japan:
[Image: food_23.jpg]

[Image: food_21.jpg]

France:
[Image: food_12.jpg]

Korea:
[Image: food_22.jpg]

[Image: food_07.jpg]

China:
[Image: food_14.jpg]

India:
[Image: food_09.jpg]

No wonder Americans are fat as hell.

I pack lunches. American school lunches are shit. They even fuck up salad.

Did you eat school lunch? Do you/did you let your kids eat that crap?

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i did. i liked the apple crisp. Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

I brought my own food until I got a paper route and was able to buy a hot lunch every once in a while. it was 75 cents I think.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-18-2011, 06:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: I brought my own food until I got a paper route and was able to buy a hot lunch every once in a while. it was 75 cents I think.

That made me sad for some reason. :(
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I seem to recall that eating the school lunch was a treat for me; I got to do it a couple of times a month when they were serving pizza but that's it.

I mostly pack for my kids (a chore I absolutely detest for some reason) but I let them buy once or twice a week. I live in the most granola munching, organic, Birkenstock type area ever though. It's all about local produce and making kids lunches healthier (hell, they were trying to ban icecream trucks from stopping in front of the highschools here). I think they're ok. I hope they're ok. Can't be much worse than what I pack (protein bar, piece of fruit, string cheese etc.). Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-18-2011, 06:49 PM)username Wrote: I seem to recall that eating the school lunch was a treat for me; I got to do it a couple of times a month when they were serving pizza but that's it.

That's the reason for this thread, school pizza. I was going to buy a box because one of the kids said they missed it.

I have narrowed it down to two kinds:

Elliio's or Tony's rectangular pizza. I didn't realize Schwann's frozen foods delivered the school pizza...
I used to eat hot lunch in school~my parents were divorced, so I qualified for the free lunch program (in the 70's, you automatically qualified if you came from a 'broken home')....

My oldest started out getting school lunch, but he never liked what they served, so I was just wasting money every week, and getting calls from the school b/c he would throw his lunch away every day.

Both my boys take a lunch to school now~and it's never a conventional PB&J. They make their own type of lunchables by cubing up meat and cheese ends from the deli. They love raw veggies, so they usually include carrot sticks and broccoli, or celery stuffed w/cream cheese. I freeze a couple of 6 packs of bottled water, which makes an excellent ice pack.

I went to St. Johns in Concord then Bishop Brady for high school. Everyone took a bag lunch.
(08-18-2011, 08:24 PM)Maggot Wrote: I went to St. Johns in Concord then Bishop Brady for high school. Everyone took a bag lunch.

12 years of Catholic School, and look at you now. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I spent 8 at St Monica's (Methuen, MA), but ended up getting expelled from The presentation of Saint Mary's. I told a nun to go shit in her habit, after she called me the Devil's child for being left handed.
I had my fun....................

Come out Virginia, don't let me wait
You Catholic girls start much too late
aw But sooner or later it comes down to fate
I might as well be the one

well, They showed you a statue, told you to pray
They built you a temple and locked you away
Aw, but they never told you the price that you pay
For things that you might have done.....
Only the good die young
thats what i said
only the good die young x2

You might have heard I run with a dangerous crowd
We ain't too pretty we ain't too proud
We might be laughing a bit too loud
aw But that never hurt no one

So come on Virginia show me a sign
Send up a signal and I'll throw you the line
The stained-glass curtain you're hiding behind
(you know)
Never lets in the sun
darlin only the good die young
woah
i tell ya
only the good die young x2

You got a nice white dress and a party on your confirmation
You got a brand new soul
mmmm, And a cross of gold
But Virginia they didn't give you quite enough information
You didn't count on me
When you were counting on your rosary
(oh woah woah)

They say there's a heaven for those who will wait
Some say it's better but I say it ain't
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
the sinners are much more fun...

you know that only the good die young
thats what i said
i tell ya
only the good die young, X2

well your mother told you all that I could give you was a reputation
Aww She never cared for me
But did she ever say a prayer for me? oh woah woah

Come out come out come out virgina dont let me wait,
You Catholic girls start much too late
Sooner or later it comes down to fate
I might as well be the one,
You know that only the good die young

I'm telling you baby
You know that only the good die young
Only the good die young
Only the gooooooooooooooood
Only the good die young
Only the gooooooooooooooood
Only the good die young
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo oooooooooo
The school lunch was pretty good when I was a kid, not like the crap they serve now. We actually got real food that had to be cooked on a stove or oven. I have fond memories of those little round potatoes browned and dusted with paprika.
(08-18-2011, 09:37 PM)sally Wrote: The school lunch was pretty good when I was a kid, not like the crap they serve now. We actually got real food that had to be cooked on a stove or oven. I have fond memories of those little round potatoes browned and dusted with paprika.

And then there were kids like Maggot who wrote songs to their food. Freaking scary.

Commando Cunt Queen
Never. But my schooling was a bit unconventional.

My older kids have school lunches cuz they're too cool for bag lunch...and one of them is in college anyway.

My youngest won't eat school lunch. She likes her home made stuff so much I have to get a variety of lunch boxes and fun little reusable containers. But that part is me being a tree hugging hippie about environment.
I went to school on an open campus, we could go anywhere and do anything for an hour, so I seldom ate lunch.

But if I did it was from a little burger joint down the road a ways, by the way I worked after school so I always had money.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-18-2011, 06:43 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i did. i liked the apple crisp. Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

LOL...I was just thinking the same thing. Loved the apple crisp. I ate lunch at school most days.
(08-19-2011, 10:53 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I went to school on an open campus, we could go anywhere and do anything for an hour, so I seldom ate lunch.

But if I did it was from a little burger joint down the road a ways, by the way I worked after school so I always had money.

Me, too. Open campus. Cigs and a homemade burrito from the liquor store for lunch. Sometimes a Foster's beer or hooter by the river, quick dip in the river, and back to Trig with wet hair and red eyes. They would arrest kids for that now. My Trig teacher, football coach and all boys in that class with stoned little me, would just ask if I forgot to cover myself in perfume. hahaha

How the fuck I know any math is beyond me. Osmosis, I guess. I also understand football plays which was a good half of that class.
(08-20-2011, 10:35 AM)QueenBee Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 06:43 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i did. i liked the apple crisp. Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

LOL...I was just thinking the same thing. Loved the apple crisp.

Gah. I hate cinnamon. Detest it. NO school desserts for me.
I ate the school lunch...it wasn't that bad back in old days.
Pizza, Tacos and Turkey Tettrazenni were my favorites.

As a little kid I ate school lunch, when I won my case with all the reasons I should be allowed to go to public school I took my lunch money & bought a little weed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-20-2011, 10:57 AM)Cracker Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 10:35 AM)QueenBee Wrote:

LOL...I was just thinking the same thing. Loved the apple crisp.

Gah. I hate cinnamon. Detest it. NO school desserts for me.

how in the name of santy claus do you get through the holidays w/o cinnamon?? Santaani Mini xmas tree