Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Should GOP Candidates Have to Pass a History Test?
Bachmann: Americans fear 'rise of Soviet Union'

GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann said today that Americans "fear the rise of the Soviet Union" during an appearance on a conservative radio talk show.

The Soviet Union broke up into 15 separate republics 20 years ago. Boris Yeltsin was the first freely elected leader of Russia, the largest of those republics.

"What people recognize is that there's a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward," Bachmann said on Jay Sekulow's radio show.

Bachmann, a Minnesota congresswoman, was trying to explain that Americans are concerned about issues in addition to jobs and the economy.

Bachmann's comment about the Soviet Union is making the rounds in the blogosphere. It was first reported by People for the American Way's Right Wing Watch and picked up by websites such as ThinkProgress, a project of the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

The GOP presidential candidate has flubbed some facts in history before, such as when she mistakenly said that the Revolutionary War battles of Lexington and Concord occurred in New Hampshire. This week, she mistakenly wished Elvis Presley a "happy birthday" on the anniversary of his death.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...?csp=ipmps
--------------------------------------------------------

This is just sad. Should any person (from any political party) who is actively campaigning for US Presidency be required to demonstrate at least basic knowledge of American and World history? Embarrassing.
I think our future is more important but I can see all of the candidates being asked questions about our Constitution.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-20-2011, 04:50 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I think our future is more important but I can see all of the candidates being asked questions about our Constitution.

Makes sense Dick. I guess I was considering the Constitution part of American History, but I get your point. I do think that an understanding of world history and politics is key to making future world policy decisions (and determining which Cabinet members are qualified to do the job).
Or when she thought she was in John Waynes hometown, when she was really in John Wayne Gasys hometown...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washingt...-duke.html

Oh my God. 113
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-20-2011, 05:15 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Or when she thought she was in John Waynes hometown, when she was really in John Wayne Gasys hometown...

hah

I like the first comment with that story:

It is a little bit refreshing to see a politician finally open enough to just flat out admit that they plan to anally rape and kill America. They usually try to hide that fact.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-20-2011, 05:23 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 05:15 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Or when she thought she was in John Waynes hometown, when she was really in John Wayne Gasys hometown...

hah

I like the first comment with that story:

It is a little bit refreshing to see a politician finally open enough to just flat out admit that they plan to anally rape and kill America. They usually try to hide that fact.

This is the first time I've seen this John Wayne reference by Bachman. Hilarious and pitiful at the same time.

I bet political pundits in the Soviet Union, East Germany, and Burma read her statements and laugh heartily. What a foolish woman.
Oh look a tea party loony making a complete fool of themselves....again.

I think Obama is going through the catalogues for a new second term pair of Whitehouse slippers as we speak.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Some seriously ignorant and funny statements by she who would be President.

[Image: enhanced-buzz-6526-1271093915-7.jpg]

[Image: enhanced-buzz-6378-1271094055-2.jpg]

[Image: enhanced-buzz-6526-1271095612-9.jpg]

Jesus Christ...she's a dumb twat.
(08-21-2011, 10:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The tea party is not known for its great thnkers.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(08-21-2011, 10:56 AM)White Pud Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 10:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The tea party is not known for its great thnkers.

I don't know, the Tea Party is innovative in its thinking when it comes to global relations and American history. Awink

[Image: palin-mavrick2.gif]
"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011
OK, don't forget that we just celebrated Elvis' birthday last week.
(08-21-2011, 12:55 PM)QueenBee Wrote: OK, don't forget that we just celebrated Elvis' birthday last week.

Minor detail, day of birth vs. day of death. hah
Please keep in mind the gender of the associated person, given the chance all of the same gender would technically answer the question the same way.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-21-2011, 01:04 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Please keep in mind the gender of the associated person, given the chance all of the same gender would technically answer the question the same way.

I rest my case.

This is why a female president has to be young attractive and have a great body.

no one will put up with stupid shit from a fat ugly old woman with sagging tits.
John Adams

(08-21-2011, 01:04 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Please keep in mind the gender of the associated person, given the chance all of the same gender would technically answer the question the same way.

Oh Dick, men have such short memories. A walk down memory lane:

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
Dan Quayle, 9/15/88

Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.
Dan Quayle, 9/18/90

We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.
Dan Quayle, 9/21/88

We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.
Dan Quayle, 9/22/90

For NASA, space is still a high priority.
Dan Quayle, 9/5/90

I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.
Dan Quayle, to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/89

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNNZg0Q9WM6hFNTxEZnKI...PDmEwrbb4w]
Quayle was an idiot, and as luck would have it not a role model for the other men in this country.

I see women with their hair cut like hillary, I see women who have to have the same shoes that another woman has.

and then I see you jump in to double the odd's of something stupid being said by a woman in the next 10 minutes.

John Adams

Whale on him with your handbag.