Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Labor Day
i just realized it's Labor Day weekend coming up! i say put the lazy little video-game greedy sniveling spoiled bastards to work where they belong! HAPPY LABOR DAY! 17

[Image: mill_boys.jpg]

[Image: child-labor.jpg]

pick those stringbeans kid!

[Image: 2162_child_migrant_worker.jpg]

Effin' ASPCA ruined a good thing!

But I gotta hand it to the Canadians . . . they kept importing kids from London and Dublin, as forced labor, through the 1930's!

Now . . . who has baby back ribs on sale, this week?

Or maybe smoking a brisket . . .
There are a few greenhouses north of me that hire students from the Netherlands. they pay them 1.50 an hour and put them up in a boarding house and feed them. It's a great gig. Cheap labor. They go back home at the end of winter. Mexicans hate the cold.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
i always loved Labor Day...it signaled the kids going back to school

and Autumn coming!

[Image: LaborDayLastDaysSummer.gif]

[Image: AUTUMN11-1.gif]

Yep!! Kids back to school on 9/7/11. I am putting out my fall decorations this weekend. Gotta get some mums though. I love fall. If only it would stay fall until spring....
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Am I the only one bummed to see summer end? I had an awesome summer & I'm not ready to give it up.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Labor day means in the ground slow roasted goat and hatch chili's.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(09-01-2011, 02:05 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Labor day means in the ground slow roasted goat

*gasp* [Image: nutkick.gif]

(09-01-2011, 01:37 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: . . . and Autumn coming!

Autumn? What's that?

Almost two weeks of 110 + and through the weekend, too!

Hottest August on record and it looks like September isn't going to be a picnic, either.

Two thangs Arizona gots . . .

I heard thunder yseterday.

It rained the day before 104 at work,the rain was warm. we don't usually cool down much until around halloween.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(09-01-2011, 02:14 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Two thangs Arizona gots . . .

...and the misters, don't forget the misters!

(09-01-2011, 02:18 PM)Duchess Wrote: ...and the misters, don't forget the misters!

'round these parts we call 'em SEÑORS! I ain't talkin' old folk, neither.

We's mezzican sensitive, that way!

My boss talks about those misters all summer long. She thinks her community should have them. hah
They are a game changer!

Especially when dining al fresco.
Cook the goat Tiki, your heritage demands it or was it dog down there?

Yep it was dog, cook the dog Tiki your heritage demands it.
John Adams

(09-01-2011, 01:42 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Yep!! Kids back to school on 9/7/11. I am putting out my fall decorations this weekend. Gotta get some mums though. I love fall. If only it would stay fall until spring....
My son has been in school since 8/5/11. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(09-01-2011, 02:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My boss talks about those misters all summer long. She thinks her community should have them. hah

You can buy the sets on Amazon and set them up on a porch or patio. I was thinking hard about doing it.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(09-01-2011, 01:37 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i always loved Labor Day...it signaled the kids going back to school

and Autumn coming!

I've had mixed emotions on this day throughout my life. For me now, it's a 3 day weekend, with a paid holiday from work. It's the time when baseball playoff race is getting heated...and most importantly, the start of the NFL/NCAA football season. Much better than when I was a youngin.

As a kid..it meant back-to-school time..and to add insult to injury...being born on Sept 6th...there were many years when my birthday fell on the 1st day of school (although nowadays, the kids seem to start a little bit earlier then when I was a kid)

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(09-01-2011, 03:02 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Cook the goat Tiki, your heritage demands it or was it dog down there?

Looks like my peoples wants me at the Wild Horse Pass, tomorrow nights.

Big Pow-Wow with eats and thens the Jimmy Buffet concert.

"Ya at eeh, Parrot Heads!"

(09-02-2011, 06:34 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 03:02 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Cook the goat Tiki, your heritage demands it or was it dog down there?

Looks like my peoples wants me at the Wild Horse Pass, tomorrow nights.

Big Pow-Wow with eats and thens the Jimmy Buffet concert.

"Ya at eeh, Parrot Heads!"

Do they run naked in the sand and smell like 3 day old sweat?

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.