We were having this conversation at the bar...
Some drunk redneck (wasn't me, I was DD tonight, only had two beers over about 3 hours) was saying how his woman had to have long nails to be a woman. She had the super thick acrylic ones. She also had fucked up 80's hair (you know, bi-level with big bangs), no makeup, and was dressed like a trucker. Her nails didn't seem to make her more than a woman to me.
[Image: tumblr_llp7vcYizP1qhvspzo1_500_thumb.jpg]<< not her, but same nails

My lady friends were split on the issue. Half of them have long nails, one of them natural nails.

Mine are painted most of the time with a light color, sometimes just clear, and come to the end of my fingers or a smidge past the end. I work and I cut grass and clean stuff, so that's about as good as I can keep them. I don't do fake nails because my nails are thin and it hurts like a mutherfucker when they use the industrial buffing machine.

Do you have long nails? Unless you work in an office and never clean toilets or do laundry, how do you keep your nails so long? Doesn't it hurt like a bitch when you snag one opening the car door or break one off? Do you get the pedi while you get the mani? Maybe a wax, too?

Just curious. Men are so stupid. They really do think long nails=woman and woman=food. Unless there is some kinky nail/butthole stuff of which I am not aware...
[Image: tumblr_lkxu5oOrRJ1qeakc8_large.jpg]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Long thick nails are out of style plus difficult to use cell, iPad, etc. Gel mani is the only way to go! I had thin nails all my life and could never have natural nails as they would always break, but shellac nail polish has changed that for me. Plus it stays on for 2-3 weeks. FYI: OPI Axxium lasts longer than the CND brand. I originally tried the polish thinking it would be fabulous not to paint my nails that often, but have found that my nails are stronger than ever. Try it! I sound like a commercial!
(09-10-2011, 10:14 AM)Turquoise Wrote: Try it! I sound like a commercial!

hah Just a little.

I always poke myself in the eye with long nails. Or worse, wiping accidents.

Can I ask if you are high maintence or not? Is that rude? Please list all of the things you do to yourself. Men are so proud they get the unibrow waxed or do a little extra shaving down below. They have no idea how much work it is to be female. (DON'T whine about shaving your face, boys, we cover a LOT more area with the razor.)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
My nails are fairly long, between 14 and 12 inch above the fingertip, and completely natural. I do housework, gardening, type and use my iPhone with no problems. If one of them happens to split, I use crazy glue to keep it together until it grows out to the point where it won't hurt when I cut it.

I generally just file them every few days, rarely wear polish. I cut them all down when they get to the point that they start to hurt.
Low maintenance. Typically no polish, kept fairly short. I like a good pedi though.

I had a gel mani for a special occassion a month or so ago. The gels do last like crazy (you'll grow them out before they chip) but the flip side of that is they're kind of a bitch to get off. I gather if you go to the shop, they file them off...? I soaked my nails in acetone and then kind of peeled them off. PITA.

I had tips for about 6 months one time but I disliked the maintenance. I do like the look of a short French manicure but I can't be bothered.
Commando Cunt Queen
I looked but I couldn't find the post from a local board where ladies were showing off their manicures and pedicures. Some of them posted pics and you could tell they were extremely overweight. I just don't see the point in doing your nails if you weigh over 300 pounds. I guess they think it takes attention away from the rest of their body? I see why they get their toes done, though, because they probably can't reach...
After 28 years of biting my nails down to bloody stubs, I stopped biting them on a $20 bet. They are now long and beautiful and hard as a rock...probably from biting them for years.
I've never had fake nails or a mani or a pedi. I do it myself and save what I'll assume is an assload of money. Plus the fact that I can't imagine anyone touching my feet on purpose without me kicking them in the head.
I hate feet and the thought of someone choosing that as career (digging thru someone elses toe-jam) makes me a feel like hurling.
And the nails on the girl in the picture are hideous. WTF??...Duck feet nails. They look retarded.

French manicure every single day of the year. I'm pretty active outside so I do wear gloves when I'm riding, gardening, etc. I don't consider them to be high maintenance.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I bite my nails down to bloody stubs too, it's a bad habit. I tried really hard to grow them out once and the first time I snagged it taking cloths out of the dryer I said fuck it and ended up biting them all off again. I do like to get a pedi once in a while and try to keep my feet looking pretty, but I have fucked up looking toes so the polish probally doesn't help much.

[Image: Picture1041.jpg]
My sister's girlfriend who is a lipstick lesbian, I guess that's what they call the ones who still like to look pretty, will go out and get her nails done when they can't even pay their water bill. Dumb bitch.
while on the job i had acrylics, they were pretty and kept at "working length". not only did i like the feminine touch since i wore same uniform as the men, but they were handy little weapons.
i couldn't be bothered with them now, and my natural nails get pretty long. i just use clear polish on them.

(09-10-2011, 01:34 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I hate feet

Cute avatarhah
(09-10-2011, 09:46 PM)kitty1 Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 01:34 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I hate feet

Cute avatarhah

I NEVER made the connection!!
Okay...so I like THOSE feet..hah I was mainly referring to men because most of their feet are vomit inducing. Especially the nasties who won't trim their toenails until you have to threaten them to paint them bright pink when their sleeping, or just plain cut off the nookie.

I still can't understand the mindset of someone who chooses to be a pedicurist when they grow up. One step below a proctologist and one above a dentist!! Opps...Gyno would come in second...ick!

Too many gross, dirty people in the world.

I play guitar I don't have long nails.
(09-11-2011, 01:32 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I still can't understand the mindset of someone who chooses to be a pedicurist when they grow up. One step below a proctologist and one above a dentist!! Opps...Gyno would come in second...ick!

Too many gross, dirty people in the world.

[Image: ugly-feet-2.jpg]

There were worse pictures, but they made my stomach churn...

*heaving*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There were worse ones, believe it or not. DO NOT google: ugly feet. It will make you sad.
OMG...Smiley_emoticons_kotz

(09-11-2011, 03:45 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I play guitar I don't have long nails.

I play Ukulele.

Left hand's nails - shorter than the right hand.