Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
stupidest man in Detroit?
ok her son is a complete moron.

and WHO is the fucking scrooge that actually put her in the street?

[Image: article-2036979-0DDF109E00000578-236_468x345.jpg]

[Image: 662-1gGGGB.Em.55.jpg]

[Image: alg_foreclosure.jpg]

DETROIT (AP) — A 101-year-old woman was evicted from the southwest Detroit home where she lived for nearly six decades after her 65-year-old asshole son failed to pay the mortgage.

Texana Hollis was evicted Monday and her belongings were placed outside the home. Her son, Warren Hollis, said he didn't pay the bill for several years and disregarded eviction notices.

"I kept it from her because I didn't want to worry her," Warren Hollis told WXYZ-TV for a report that aired Monday night. "I was just so sure it wasn't going to happen."

Wayne County Chief Deputy Treasurer David Szymanski told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the Hollises took out an adjustable-rate mortgage in 2002. A default and foreclosure notice was filed in November.

"They ended up owing $80,000 on the home," Szymanski said. "Warren indicates he did not make the payments. He got the notices, but threw them away."

County records show that property taxes were paid on the home through summer 2010. A winter tax bill of $55.95, including interest and fees, was unpaid, and a $778.44 summer tax bill was due this month.

A neighbor was letting Texana and Warren Hollis live in a rental house across the street from the home they shared, and Texana Hollis' belongings were being moved there. Others, including a nonprofit organization, were working to get her back into her home.

On Monday night, she was taken to a hospital for evaluation after she became disoriented.

i hope this asshole son ends up in a homeless shelter when she passes.

DETROIT (WXYZ) - At 101-years-old, Texana Hollis is completely broken hearted.

She has good reason to be. She was evicted from her Southwest Detroit home where she has lived for the past 58 years.

In a wheelchair and suffering from high blood pressure and heart trouble - neighbors say court officers kicked her out of her home and left her sitting on the sidewalk, alongside all of her furniture and belongings.

Texana’s close friend and neighbor, Laurie Ridgell says, “We don’t even treat animals like that in the city of Detroit.”

That saddest part, is that Texana and her late husband Ira Sr., owned this home outright. So it was bought and paid for.

But in 2003, Texana’s son Warren admits he convinced his mom to sign that house over to a “reverse mortgage” company in return for a sum of $32,000.

Money he claims would go to repair the house.

But that money went to more than just the house. Warren admits he bought a car, made a donation to the church and spent the remaining five thousand dollars on other things.

So where is Texana living now? Well, right now, she is being cared for at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.

She was rushed by ambulance to the hospital last night, suffering from severe anxiety.

And who owns her house? Texana’s home now belongs to HUD, The US Department of Housing and Urban Development. The same agency that played a critical role in having this 101-year-old woman kicked out of her house.

Multiple organizations are stepping in to try and help Texana.

[Image: 35547428001_1158597455001_ari-origin29-a...5547428001]

That is so sad. He couldn't pay back $32,000??? Ridiculous.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
if i were this lady. i wouldn't let that scumwad useless son move back in!
Det.FreePress
Admitting they made a big mistake, officials with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development said late Wednesday they will allow 101-year-old Texana Hollis to move back into the southwest Detroit home she was evicted from Monday.

And she can stay there for the rest of her life. HOW LONG COULD THAT BE?

"We were absolutely thunderstruck when we understood that a 101-year-old woman was put out of her home," said Brian Sullivan, HUD spokesman.

Sullivan said HUD officials have informed Hollis' niece and granddaughter that Hollis can move back into the Carbondale Street home she has lived in for 50 years -- as soon as she is released from Henry Ford Hospital, where she has been since the eviction.

Sullivan said HUD officials mistakenly thought Hollis' home was a tax foreclosure before they reviewed the case.

Sorry, but why should they get special treatment? What about families with one year olds being put out of their homes? They don't matter?

If you don't pay your shit, you get put out. I don't see how it was a "mistake" to foreclose when they didn't pay, especially since dude bought himself a smooth new ride.

Fuck HUD.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i think the bad PR of throwing a 100 year old woman on the street was a big factor.

THEY didn't throw her out, HE DID IT. WTF?

I need to hug a nog or something before I start disliking how they do business again...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.