Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look what my day is going to
Bring me tomorrow, I work at close to 7000 ft. elevation, 16 mile ride up and home.

Event: Winter Storm Warning
Alert: ...STRONG WINTER STORM TO BRING SNOW AND MUCH COLDER WEATHER...

.THE LAST AND STRONGEST IN A SERIES OF WINTER STORM SYSTEMS...WILL
DROP SOUTH INTO SOUTHERN NEW MEXICO AND WEST TEXAS MONDAY. THIS
STORM WILL DELIVER VERY HEAVY SNOWFALL FOR AREA MOUNTAINS AND
LIGHT SNOW FOR THE LOWLANDS. THE SYSTEM WILL ALSO SEND A STRONG
BACKDOOR COLD FRONT OUR WAY FROM THE NORTHEAST EARLY STARTING MID
DAY MONDAY. THIS WILL BRING STRONG WINDS ACROSS THE AREA WITH
HIGHER WIND GUSTS ALONG WEST SLOPES OF AREA MOUNTAINS THROUGH
MONDAY NIGHT.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM MONDAY TO 11 PM MST
TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN EL PASO TX/SANTA TERESA HAS
ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT
FROM 8 AM MONDAY TO 11 PM MST TUESDAY.

* EVENT...MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL OVER THE SACRAMENTO
MOUNTAINS AND SURROUNDING SLOPES.

* TIMING...THE SNOW WILL BEGIN MONDAY MORNING AND INTENSIFY
THROUGH THE DAY. MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL FALL OVERNIGHT
MONDAY AND ON TUESDAY. SNOWFALL WILL BECOME LIGHT EARLY TUESDAY
EVENING AND WILL END OVERNIGHT TUESDAY.

* IMPACT...DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS FROM SLIPPERY OR SNOW
PACKED ROADS AND FROM VERY POOR VISIBILITIES DECREASING BELOW A
QUARTER MILE OVER SOME AREAS.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 20 TO 30 MPH BEGINNING EARLY MONDAY BEHIND THE
COLD FRONT...DECREASING AND SHIFTING NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH MONDAY NIGHT
AND TUESDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...EXPECT 12 TO 15 INCHES OF SNOW ABOVE 7500
FEET...WITH ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS. 7 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED
FOR LOWER ELEVATIONS IN THE MOUNTAINS.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Well...if you could stay home, decorate the tree & snuggle with the redhead it could be a pretty nice day.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
So your penis is pretty much gone until spring thaw?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Life's a bitch, ain't it??
Get your booze, food, gas and make sure the generator is good. kick back and when the snow is at its worst at 2AM get in the 4WD and drive around and enjoy the "Peace on earth" Thats what I do at least. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Bring a big fatty for the last part.......no booze though. Maybe some Ozzy also.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Have you ever noticed how much quieter it is when it snows? There must be a scientific reason for it but I don't care enough to research it it.
(12-04-2011, 08:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Have you ever noticed how much quieter it is when it snows? There must be a scientific reason for it but I don't care enough to research it it.

The snow muffles all sound, its like a big white acoustic blanket from the sky. I like it, and have noticed it for a long time.

It actually "sounds" a lot like it did when the bees attacked me, like my ears were stuffed with cotton and every sound was coming from a great distance.
Its all over the trees, houses and ground. You can almost hear your own heartbeat.
I have to work in it, otherwise I love snow, we don't usually get much of it down here, so even a few inches is a treat.

I wouldn't even mind it snowing at work, but the friggin wind with it sucks ass.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I have to also but after 20-24" I usually call it quits. I hate it when the wind starts blowing down power lines because you just never know what your driving over power lines or cable wires. I try and go around the best I can though.
Good luck! 44
Wear good socks tomorrow, Dick. And layers. You should be good if you don't get wet.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(12-04-2011, 11:36 PM)Cracker Wrote: Wear good socks tomorrow, Dick. And layers. You should be good if you don't get wet.

With my luck I will be dangling 75 feet in the air from a crane trying to fix something that would only break on a day like tomorrow will be.

John Adams

Don't hit your knuckles. That hurts like a muther when it's cold.

Of course you know to wear a knit hat so you don't freeze to death. People also underestimate the warming properties of a good scarf (just don't accidentally hang yourself).

I wish men could enjoy the warmth of pantyhose. They are much less bulky than thermals. Cut the crotch out of a pair of your wife's hose to wear tomorrow. Use them to wipe with at a truck stop on the way home and she'll never know.
I have silk thermals, not bulky at all. Then again I live in Florida so don't have occasion to wear them much.
Stay warm Dick, my tower crews are starting to bitch here, gets cold up there at night. I'll tell them about you