Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60's Music
The 60's gave us some good music. Of course there were the mega bands, but there were also some good ones that slipped into oblivion.

Procol Harum doesn't get much play (besides A Whiter Shade of Pale):

All This And More

That band had to have influenced Queen, Pink Floyd, Yes, Beatles, and a few others. Good stuff.

Mabel
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I really like Savoy Brown, but it's more late 60's.

I totally forgot about them, good band. The late 60's, early 70's put out some good drug music. haha

Iron Butterly, Grand Funk (one of my all-time favs), Uriah Heep, King Crimson, Yes, The Nice, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, America, Three Dog Night all good.

Southern Rock took off at that time, too.

Most of the stuff they listen to today is shit.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Are you guys in the 60's or 70's? I was born 66 and I remember most of those guys as a kid.

60's is the music of my parents that was pre me, obviously, and which was more like Doris Day, Pat Boone, Paul Anka, etc. Or?
Darling, Cracks that is, I know you won't mind, so I would not only like to stay in the 60's, but let's make this even bigger and include the 70's and 80's, as I believe those where the truly whack times of all, no matter if fashion, fumigated vegetables or shoewear.

Especially the 70's when men still had hair .... and women didn't give a shit about their armpits.

Just like ..... T-Rex

(12-19-2011, 03:19 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Are you guys in the 60's or 70's? I was born 66 and I remember most of those guys as a kid.

60's is the music of my parents that was pre me, obviously, and which was more like Doris Day, Pat Boone, Paul Anka, etc. Or?

Most of it is before my time, too. I grew up with stoner friends, so we still got out the hippie parents albums when they weren't home. Good times.
(12-19-2011, 01:39 AM)Cracker Wrote: I totally forgot about them, good band. The late 60's, early 70's put out some good drug music. haha

Iron Butterly, Grand Funk (one of my all-time favs), Uriah Heep, King Crimson, Yes, The Nice, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, America, Three Dog Night all good.

Southern Rock took off at that time, too.

Most of the stuff they listen to today is shit.

I love all those bands, except for Yes. I'll might catch some shit for that, but I've never cared for them.

60's and 70's...the BEST music ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfldLLadNWk

Got some 'James Gang' on right now. IMO, Joe Walsh's best work.
CSN&Y. Jefferson Airplane. Byrds. Animals. Dylan. Beach Boys. Spanky and Our Gang. The Dead. Clapton - and all of his incarnations. The Cowsills. Joni Mitchell.
(12-19-2011, 06:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Joe Walsh's best work.

My favorite Joe Walsh tune...

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I smoked my first joint in 1969.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Love the Guess Who.

These Eyes, Undun, No Sugar Tonight...
I'm Pretty sure my neighbors love that song I posted, especially at 1AM when I play it through my 4-12 and 6-10 stacks.

Sometimes I just can't help myself, I want to be back in 1969 so I go.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

So many greats already mentioned. One of my all time favorites is the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, combo, and Neil Young on his own.

I don't think I saw Hendrix, Janis Joplin or The Doors mentioned.

Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild", Cream's "White Room", Santana's "Evil Ways", The Troggs' "Wild Thing", The 5th Dimension's "Age of Aquarius". Tommy James and the Shondells' "Crimson and Clover", The Cowsills' "Hair", Zager and Evans' "In the Year 2525", The Kingsmen's version of "Louie, Louie".

The Mamas & the Papas: "California Dreamin", "Monday, Monday", "I Saw Her Again" etc...

Simon & Garfunkel: "Sound of Silence", "Cecilia", "Bridge over Troubled Water"

Sonny & Cher, The Beatles, The Band

Late 1960's came Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.