Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dickie! here's something we need to worry about!
Tin+foil+hat+smiley fuck light bulbs, we're all going to die! NowhyPanic

Dr. Manny Alvarez

Published December 20, 2011

A new report out Tuesday claims Dutch scientists have created a highly contagious, airborne form of the bird flu, which could potentially be capable of killing millions.

Unlike the normal H5N1 strain of avian influenza - which was only contagious through close personal contact with an infected person - this form can be spread by merely coughing or sneezing.

The lab-created bird flu strain was engineered by a team of scientists led by Ron Fouchier of Rotterdam's Erasmus Medical Centre. The researchers said the mutation only required a few variations to the original strain.

Naturally, the U.S. government has expressed concerns and is asking the researchers not to publish all the details of their discovery, though the researchers have already expressed a desire to publish the report. I'm inclined to agree with the government - this study is quite troubling.

Science is responsible for life-saving vaccinations and cures we have today, but in some cases, science for the mere sake of experimentation could lead to dangerous outcomes.

To experiment on the H5N1 virus just to show the world that it is possible, in my opinion is quite irresponsible of these Dutch researchers since there is no way to stop this virus if it gets out of the lab.

A couple years ago, when the H5N1 virus first became public, there was a lot of global concern it would turn out to be a massive pandemic that could affect millions of people.

Luckily, nothing of great proportion happened, but now we have these scientists hoping to publish the details of how they developed a deadly strain of the flu.

Not only could this bring more fear to patients around the world, but also give terrible ideas or vital information to rogue scientists who may help to create a bio-terrorism agent.

Captain Trips.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I have always thought thats how we are gonna get zapped by Mother Nature..........much like a cancer on the earth.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It isn't Mother Nature if they made it in a lab.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Its mother nature pissed off
I'm not going to worry about shit I can't do anything about, kinda like your dusty nipples, there is nothing i can do about them so I don't worry about them
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Something like this was published in the digital journal about a month ago:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/315109

Supposedly, they made Capt Tripps to 'better understand the Asian Bird Flu".

I always thought that when you wanted to understand something better, you took it apart and studied the components, these people decided they needed a much stronger, more dangerous version in order to study the virus.

Idiots.

[Image: article-2066624-044CB2CB0000044D-490_468x432.jpg]

National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity chairman Paul Kiem, an anthrax expert, said: ‘I can’t think of another pathogenic organism that is as scary as this one. I don’t think anthrax is scary at all compared to this.’

i read this book about emerging viruses years ago, it scared the hell out of me then and still does. not for myself, but for new generations. i recommend it very highly--->

[Image: coming_plague.gif]
[Image: 222846-L.jpg]

As the global village becomes smaller, as destruction of the rainforests continues, and as bacteria increasingly develop resistance to overused antibiotics, the threat of new diseases, of which AIDS is potentially only the first, becomes ever greater. This book explores the world of new diseases - from AIDS to Toxic Shock Syndrome, Legionnaire's Disease, Ebola (the "Hot Zone" virus) and others - and the over-crowded world we have created that makes these diseases, and their spread, possible.

(12-21-2011, 03:02 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm not going to worry about shit I can't do anything about, kinda like your dusty nipples, there is nothing i can do about them so I don't worry about them

dusty dick 153

(12-21-2011, 03:02 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm not going to worry about shit I can't do anything about, kinda like your dusty nipples, there is nothing i can do about them so I don't worry about them

Oh please, you're neurotic, you worry about a shit ton of stuff you can't do a damn thing about.

LC should nail you right square in the balls with her taser for those stupid dusty nipple comments. 78

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-21-2011, 06:37 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: dusty dick 153

You're going to need a High powered shop vac to take care of all of his cobwebs. 113
(12-21-2011, 06:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh please, you're neurotic, you worry about a shit ton of stuff you can't do a damn thing about.

LC should nail you right square in the balls with her taser for those stupid dusty nipple comments. 78

I'm pragmatic, you on the other hand are leaning a bit to the left today.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(12-21-2011, 11:18 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm pragmatic, you on the other hand are leaning a bit to the left today.

You're right, darling, per usual. Have a beautiful day.

(12-21-2011, 06:37 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:

dusty dick 153

This just doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

John Adams

(12-21-2011, 11:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 11:18 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm pragmatic, you on the other hand are leaning a bit to the left today.

You're right, darling, per usual. Have a beautiful day.

2 12 days left and I get a couple off, then I work days for a few a days and get a few more days off.

John Adams

(12-21-2011, 11:33 AM)IMaDick Wrote: 2 12 days left and I get a couple off, then I work days for a few a days and get a few more days off.

I'm so happy to read that, you know how much I've hated you working nights this past year.

Will you be home to cook dinner?

Ya, I will start my fire pit friday afternoon, burn mesquite in it for the night and cook in it saturday all day. the goat will be ready Sunday Morning. I will have many people stopping for a little to eat.

John Adams

Fucking hell.