Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christmas Eve
silent night

what do you do on Christmas Eve?
a special feast? like the Italian 7 fishes?

get the children to sleep early if you can settle them down with "The Night Before Christmas"?[Image: santaglobe.gif]

put together toys with chinese instruction manuals and missing parts? grrrrrrrrr

it's a night of nostalgia for many.

midnight services? carols?

a few eggnogs? open gifts or no?

share some memories or traditions here?

[Image: robscottonrusselsheep1.jpg]

[Image: robscottonrusselsheep2.jpg]

(12-24-2011, 06:13 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: what do you do on Christmas Eve?

I used to go to midnight mass back in the day & that evolved into partying the night away & now that I'm old I like a quiet evening. I accomplished every damn thing I had to do so that I could be a slug for the next 48-72 hours. There is a shit ton of food here, I intend to smoke some weed off and on for days, eat, watch football, Go Eagles!..open gifts, talk to my family when I'm not high. I have endless hours of free time, I'm reveling in THAT.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I'm too old to be homesick for my family today, aren't I.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-24-2011, 07:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm too old to be homesick for my family today, aren't I.

no you're not. i miss my parents terribly on Christmas. Christmas brings floods of memories to everyone.

I must bake pies today.....the kids are allowed to open one present each from the pile under the tree-that keeps them busy for a couple of hours anyway....a couple of errands left this afternoon (must pick up party platter and stop at bank)...other than that, nothing special planned.
Lady Cop Wrote:[Image: robscottonrusselsheep1.jpg]

[Image: robscottonrusselsheep2.jpg]

That's so cute I almost can't stand it. I checked out the photo info and went a-googling. There's a black cat in the story too!

[Image: Splat-in-bed-350dpi-Harper.gif]
Everyone gets to open one present each. I ordered Kobe steaks and lobster tails from around the world for my husband so that's what we're having for dinner tonight. Then the kids can bake some cookies and I'm making an Amish breakfast casserole for tomorrow morning. I also have some last minute shopping to do which sucks.
I changed my oil and am now putting away the lawnmower.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Smegma, i meant to credit the artist, Rob Scotton. but i forgot. what's the story? that cat is hilarious~

ok i googled...Splat the cat hahaha

http://www.robscotton.com/

We are waiting for company to arrive. So I guess I should put on pants.

I will let the kid open one gift of my choosing. I'm old, so I don't go for the pajamas, I go for the video game so I can drink in peace. Good times.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
We are doing the Italian/Irish one fish tonight..Extra Large shrimp.
I am doing the church thing. Then we will watch a Christmas movie or two.
We have spumante and Mr. Popper's Penguins on tap. Food is cooking, house looks and smells good.

If anybody is alone this Christmas season, at least you don't have to choke down goat. It could be worse. Go get the pizza and beer now before everything closes...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Cooking all day, going to Church later, then wrapping presents.

I got up at 2am to pee and had the brilliant idea of going to WalMart and finish my last minute shopping. I think there were only 10 other people in the whole store shopping. It was great!!
(12-24-2011, 03:18 PM)Cracker Wrote: We have spumante and Mr. Popper's Penguins on tap. Food is cooking, house looks and smells good.

If anybody is alone this Christmas season, at least you don't have to choke down goat. It could be worse. Go get the pizza and beer now before everything closes...

Please continue to show your ignorance, it's entertaining.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

We're going to a party tonight. White elephant gift exchange. It's a fun group of friends so I'm actually looking forward to it. For our gifts we bought a remote controlled fart machine, the world's largest pair of men's tightie whities (well maybe not the largest but they're a size 100--we had the host in mind when we bought those), a Snuggie and twenty $2.00 scratch off lottery tickets. Guess which one will actually be popular?

The kids get to open one gift.

I'ma watch the 49'ers today!
Commando Cunt Queen
Well I wanted to put on a Christmas movie, but the best thing I could find was Christmas with Dog the bounty hunter.
i have to listen to this every Christmas Eve~

[Image: 1323813293_the-three-tenors-christmas.jpg]

The 3 Tenors Christmas Concert - Live in Vienna (December 23, 1999)José Carreras, Placido Domingo, and Luciano Pavarotti

wow! this little NJ boy is close to death with cancer...so he wanted to see a fire truck. look what happened! MERRY CHRISTMAS KYLE! i hope you get a Christmas miracle! Mini xmas tree Angel [Image: Kyle-McGetrick.jpg]

http://firetruckblog.com/2011/12/23/fire...inal-days/

(12-24-2011, 05:26 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: wow! this little NJ boy is close to death with cancer...so he wanted to see a fire truck. look what happened! MERRY CHRISTMAS KYLE! i hope you get a Christmas miracle! Mini xmas tree Angel [Image: Kyle-McGetrick.jpg]

Ah, that made me weepy. Poor little guy.

(I hope they warned the neighbors ahead of time!)
Fried a turkey for a friends party tonight, been wrapping soap that I made for everyones christmas gifts, everyone will smell good this year. Got food prepped for tomorrows feast, heading to a church service in a bit, then a party and home by midnight.
Will call the kids and all that later this evening