Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Country you grew up with...
because you weren't old enough to change the radio dial yourself.

I am the Metallica generation, but I know every word to these songs, too (we didn't have cable until I was in high school).

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Does he look like old Elvis?

Sorry Elvis, nothing changed. Welfare didn't work.
Oh god no! No country music when I grew up, that was considered low class.
i thought, when i saw thread title, it was about WHERE one grew up. hah

i didn't grow up with country music either.

when i was a kid my Dad played Grand Opera all the time and it seeped into my pores and captive brain cells.

It was all truck driving music.
give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around
and
diesel driving doughnut dunkin dan
and
cb savage

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Johnny likes live.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I would hump that guy. Not now, of course, but back then. If I wasn't like seven. They frown on that.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Loved the Mandrell Sisters!
(01-09-2012, 07:15 AM)Smegma Wrote: Oh god no! No country music when I grew up, that was considered low class.

What did you listen to on the radio?

I grew up on a ranch. It all kind of went together.

I discovered bluegrass on my own. I go to bluegrass festivals at least once a year here. I get invited to a private one that is pretty neat (rich people own their own little concert hall, cool as fuck, but no beer, fucking baptists).
I still listen to this stuff, I love it!

John Adams